Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Weak car battery  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Mick O'Brien

Weak car battery
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:49 AM »
Does Fraziers weak car battery excuse for not walking to the TSBD with Oswald on the Friday morning hold any water?
Points to discuss are, if the battery was weak how did he start it on the Friday?? and why would he need to keep it running upon arrival to his work, when the trip there would have recharged it, any good input. Welcome. 

Mr. BALL - Did he ever ask you about the parts of a car?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; I don't believe he did.
Mr. BALL - Do you remember any conversation when he asked you what the clutch was?
Mr. FRAZIER - Oh, yes. We got talking about that. He noticed, you know, most cars as old as mine, you know most of them are standard shift, and when I bought this old car it kind of fooled me it had automatic transmission on it so we got talking about it on the way home driving home and I told him that I really prefer a standard because you know, they are a lot easier to work on and you know, when an automatic goes dead it goes dead, there is no rolling a couple of feet and jumping on the clutch and starting when the battery is down.
And I remember he said it was a little bit different to drive with a clutch. I said, if you are not used to it, but if you get used to it. You have to find a friction point on any car, even on Chevrolet or Ford, you know yourself the friction points on a clutch and the brakes are different adjusted on every car you drive.
And I told you there is nothing you do. You just have to get used to a car of the individual, you can drive one car to do it, and you can drive another one it may take you a couple of days to get used to it.
Mr. BALL - He is the one who mentioned the clutch, is he, that you didn't have a clutch?
Mr. FRAZIER - Right.
I guess he noticed that I didn't have a clutch.
Mr. BALL - I see.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:59:31 AM by Mick O'Brien »

JFK Assassination Forum

Weak car battery
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:49 AM »

Online Tom Sorensen

Re: Weak car battery
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does Fraziers weak car battery excuse for not walking to the TSBD with Oswald on the Friday morning hold any water?
Points to discuss are, if the battery was weak how did he start it on the Friday?? and why would he need to keep it running upon arrival to his work, when the trip there would have recharged it, any good input. Welcome. 

His old Chevy would have had a generator which is less efficient on lower RPMs that a modern alternator...

In defense of Frazier he could have believed the urban myth that he would charge his battery by revving the engine for a couple of minutes. One can argue ad infinitum whether he did that or not Friday morning, I suspect he added this delay to add credibility to his story.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »
His old Chevy would have had a generator which is less efficient on lower RPMs that a modern alternator...

In defense of Frazier he could have believed the urban myth that he would charge his battery by revving the engine for a couple of minutes. One can argue ad infinitum whether he did that or not Friday morning, I suspect he added this delay to add credibility to his story.

That's correct.....And on that dark and rainy morning Frazier would have been using his headlights.....which may have been pulling more power from the six volt battery than the generator / regulator could provide.   So when he parked the car and shut off the lights and heater then the generator could provide the power necessary to put some power back into the discharged battery......

Offline Mick O'Brien

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »

In his testimony Frazier states that he stayed behind and left the engine on because when they reached the TSBD due to the stopping and starting on his way to work, and in his opinion this would have made the battery low, but what does he mean by stopping and starting?? does he imply that with every stop in traffic he cut the engine? IMO while this guy is still alive he should be made to clarify such issues.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever have any conversation with him with reference to the President's visit to Texas?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - When you got to the parking lot who got out of the car first?
Mr. FRAZIER - He did.
Mr. BALL - You didn't get out immediately then?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; I was sitting there, say, looked at my watch and somewhere around 7 or 8 minutes until and I saw we had a few minutes and I sat there, and as I say you can see the Freeway, Stemmons Freeway, from the warehouse and also the trains coming back and forth and I was sitting there.
What I was doing--glanced up and watching cars for a minute but I was letting my engine run and getting to charge up my battery, because when you stop and start you have to charge up your battery.
Mr. BALL - Did you have your lunch beside you?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; I did.
Mr. BALL - Did you notice whether or not Lee had a package that looked like a lunch package that morning?
Mr. FRAZIER - You know like I told you earlier, I say, he didn't take his lunch because I remember right when I got in the car I asked him where was his lunch and he said he was going to buy his lunch that day.
Mr. BALL - He told you that that day, did he?
Mr. FRAZIER - Right. That is right. So, I assumed he was going to buy it, you know, from that catering service man like a lot of the boys do. They don't bring their lunch but they go out and buy their lunch there.
Mr. BALL - What did he do about the package in the back seat when he got out of the car?
Mr. FRAZIER - Like I say, I was watching the gages and watched the car for a few minutes before I cut it off.
Mr. BALL - Yes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:12:10 PM by Mick O'Brien »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »
What possible difference does it make?  You appear to be suggesting that it was lie.  But there doesn't seem to be any reason to lie about it even in a fantasy where Frazier is part of the grand conspiracy to frame Oswald. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »

Offline Mick O'Brien

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
What possible difference does it make?  You appear to be suggesting that it was lie.  But there doesn't seem to be any reason to lie about it even in a fantasy where Frazier is part of the grand conspiracy to frame Oswald.

Of course I suggest he was lying about why he stayed behind, and it makes a huge difference.

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:55:40 PM »
Frazier, AFFIDAVIT:

I parked the car and sit there awhile and run the motor to charge the battery, and while I was doing that, Lee got out and opened the back door and got the package out of the back seat and walked behind the car, then I got out of the car and started walking toward the building where I work. I noticed that Lee had the package in his right hand under his arm, and the package was straight up and down, and he had his arm down, and you could not see much of the package. When we started walking, Lee was just a few feet ahead of me, but he kept waking faster than me, and finally got way ahead of me. I saw him go in the back door at the Loading Dock of the building that we work in, and he still had the package under his arm.

"Awhile" didn't seem to last long so why bother...

Offline Mick O'Brien

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »
Frazier, AFFIDAVIT:

I parked the car and sit there awhile and run the motor to charge the battery, and while I was doing that, Lee got out and opened the back door and got the package out of the back seat and walked behind the car, then I got out of the car and started walking toward the building where I work. I noticed that Lee had the package in his right hand under his arm, and the package was straight up and down, and he had his arm down, and you could not see much of the package. When we started walking, Lee was just a few feet ahead of me, but he kept waking faster than me, and finally got way ahead of me. I saw him go in the back door at the Loading Dock of the building that we work in, and he still had the package under his arm.

A lie is a lie be it big or small, here he makes it out to be a few minutes of a lie.
My point is that he had no reason to keep the engine running, so he invented this, and if he invented this then I suggest he made up other stories, such as the curtain rods, IMO while he still exists he should be grilled further to clarify such issues as the weak battery

Mr. BALL - What did he do about the package in the back seat when he got out of the car?
Mr. FRAZIER - Like I say, I was watching the gages and watched the car for a few minutes before I cut it off.
Mr. BALL - Yes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:09:46 PM by Mick O'Brien »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »
Frazier, AFFIDAVIT:

Frazier's action of shutting off all electrical users and revving the engine to charge he battery was as more psychological than practical.....

Offline Mick O'Brien

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »
Frazier's action of shutting off all electrical users and revving the engine to charge he battery was as more psychological than practical.....

It's a BS lie that's all it is, so call it for what it is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »