Author Topic: Jeraldean Reid and her "recollections" - fact or fiction?  (Read 98008 times)

Tony Fratini, Colin Crow, Walt Cakebread, Steven Dwyer and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tom Sorensen

Re: Jeraldine Reid and her "recollections" - fact or fiction?
« Reply #966 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why did he have to give another statement to the FBI? Speculation: cleanup of the mess of his first day affidavit he did on 22/11/1963?

The reason for Baker's second affidavit was the deliberate mentioning of the drinking a coke so Baker could expunge that from the record....It's an excellent example of the desperation of the slimy lawyers of LBJ's cover up committee....

It's so blatantly obvious what the slime were doing.....There was no need to cross that entry out.....They could very easily have rewritten the entire document and omitted the "drinking a coke"entry......but that would not have cleared the record that Baker had established when he said that Lee was sitting at a table drinking a coke when he saw him about 70 seconds after the first shot was fired.

:thumbs1xx:

The affidavit was done by Burnett so, apparently, when taking Baker's statement he (Baker) still can't get the lunchroom floor right even after doing a reenactment with Belin and Truly and having testified for the WC while using a floor plan!

Or, is this a complete fabrication designed to make Baker look like a fool, further discrediting his first day affidavit?

On September 23 the WCR was done and dusted so this affidavit served no legitimate purpose.

Online Tony Fratini

« Reply #967 on: October 13, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »
:thumbs1xx:

The affidavit was done by Burnett so, apparently, when taking Baker's statement he (Baker) still can't get the lunchroom floor right even after doing a reenactment with Belin and Truly and having testified for the WC while using a floor plan!

Or, is this a complete fabrication designed to make Baker look like a fool, further discrediting his first day affidavit?

On September 23 the WCR was done and dusted so this affidavit served no legitimate purpose.

No he can not - Marvin Johnson took Baker's affidavit and while doing so, LHO walked past him when he was brought in. Somehow Baker can't get away from the Third or Fourth floor.

Offline James Hess

• Why Study a "Fairy-tale"?
« Reply #968 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:18 AM »
Kinda weird none of the ladies on the 4th floor saw Baker stopping Oswald on the 4th floor.
There probably is a reason.

Online Tony Fratini

« Reply #969 on: October 13, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »
Kinda weird none of the ladies on the 4th floor saw Baker stopping Oswald on the 4th floor.
There probably is a reason.

Completely agree James - Baker never saw LHO on the Fourth floor. Nor did any of the 8 women either.

But how on earth could he think he was on the Fourth floor and encountered LHO there? It was not even 2 hours after the event. Note - lunch room isn't mentioned anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:21:45 AM
by Tony Fratini
»

Offline Tom Sorensen

« Reply #970 on: October 13, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
No he can not - Marvin Johnson took Baker's affidavit and while doing so, LHO walked past him when he was brought in. Somehow Baker can't get away from the Third or Fourth floor.

Interesting find, I should make a note of that!

So who confirmed to Fritz it was on the stairway?

Mr. BALL. At that time didn't you know that one of your officers, Baker, had seen Oswald on the second floor?
Mr. FRITZ. They told me about that down at the bookstore; I believe Mr. Truly or someone told me about it, told me they had met him--I think he told me, person who told me about, I believe told me that they met him on the stairway, but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom, a little lunchroom where they were eating, and he held his gun on this man and Mr. Truly told him that he worked there, and the officer let him go.

"That time" was around 5 PM -- Fritz left the TSBD after finishing with the rifle -- Baker and Oswald were long gone so only Truly or "someone" could have told Fritz but Truly only informed Fritz about Oswald missing.

Who was "someone"?

Online Tony Fratini

« Reply #971 on: October 13, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
Interesting find, I should make a note of that!

So who confirmed to Fritz it was on the stairway?

Mr. BALL. At that time didn't you know that one of your officers, Baker, had seen Oswald on the second floor?
Mr. FRITZ. They told me about that down at the bookstore; I believe Mr. Truly or someone told me about it, told me they had met him--I think he told me, person who told me about, I believe told me that they met him on the stairway, but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom, a little lunchroom where they were eating, and he held his gun on this man and Mr. Truly told him that he worked there, and the officer let him go.

"That time" was around 5 PM -- Fritz left the TSBD after finishing with the rifle -- Baker and Oswald were long gone so only Truly or "someone" could have told Fritz but Truly only informed Fritz about Oswald missing.

Who was "someone"?

Have you seen this before? That statement was taken on 23/11/1963

It is obvious, that Mrs Reid didn't tell Miss Hine what had happened outside. It also suggests that Miss Hine heard about the President being shot from the Police before Mrs Reid had entered the Office.

Intriguing isn't it?

The entire Truly/Baker/Reid/Oswald encounters are shrouded in conflict. No wonder Mr Belin needed to get down there to "fix it all up".

Mrs. REID. Well, by the time the policeman got there and started searching our floor. I can't recall whether I had taken him into the lounge first because they had me to go in there with him, the ladies' lounge, or whether they went in there because there is a little stand in here that Mr. Cason uses when we have a conference, and he jerked it back because it would have been humanly possible for a person to have gotten in there, but it was up against the wall and there was no one there.
Mr. BELIN. Would this have been more or less than 5 minutes after you got back in the building that you opened the lounge?

Mrs. REID. That is where you all get me in this time because I was not watching the clock that day.
Mr. BELIN. That is all right.
Mrs. REID. Time really didn't mean anything to us because they, the police officers, just came in on us and began to ask so many questions.

The 2 minutes post shots came purely from the timed reconstruction done by Mr Belin and has no basis in reality because Mrs Reid has no form of corroboration nor reference point.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:53:22 AM
by Tony Fratini
»

Offline Tom Sorensen

« Reply #972 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »
Have you seen this before?

Actually spotted this yesterday evening, very telling, as you have argued.

I suspect Johnson's report quoting Oswald is an early piece of fabrication to get Oswald as close to the sixth floor as possible.

It oblivious why this gem was not brought up during Baker's interview because the "4th floor" part aligns with Baker's affidavit, not his testimony.