Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Could CE-399 have remained inact?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Could CE-399 have remained inact?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »
Advertisement
Is muzzle velocity is 2165 ft/sec (approx.) meaning travelling the distance to JFK?s back and piercing his torso chopped off less than 400 ft/sec and you propose that between entering the back and hitting the rub it somehow lost at least 800 ft/sec. Umm? no. Just no.  :D

no. Just no.

I'm going to need a little bit more than this before I abandon what I proposed as a possibility.

A bullet in mid-tumble could slow at a more elevated rate (because it is tumbling, of course) than the bullet would slow (not tumbling at all) when it struck the President in the back.

You're in error to compare the two scenarios as you did above.  Apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:05:27 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »

I'm going to need a little bit more than this before I abandon what I proposed as a possibility.

A bullet in mid-tumble could slow at a more elevated rate (because it is tumbling, of course) than the bullet would slow (not tumbling at all) when it struck the President in the back.

You're in error to compare the two scenarios as you did above.  Apples and oranges.

Air and and a man?s torso slowed the bullet by less than 400 ft/sec. The distance between the inshoot in JBC?s back and the point of injury to his rib was about 14 cm (which Sturdivan once said would only take 100 ft/sec off the velocity, a figure he later disregarded as a ?rough estimate? despite swearing on it). In order to accept your view, you have to believe the bullet lost lost about 60 ft/sec of velocity every 1 cm. While I don?t doubt that yawing could increase velocity loss, it completely absurd to hold this view. The round might not even have had which velocity to damage the wrist or enter the thigh afterwards, given both the rib the wrist would drastically reduce the velocity of your bullet now travelling less than 1000 ft/sec before hitting the rib.

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 10:00:06 PM »
The fact of the matter is that CE-399 remained intact because CE-399 did not hit JFK or John Connally and that is why CE-399 looks like it looks . You don't break bones after going through two bodies with CE-399 staying intact . Jethro ( Mark Harmon ) would have a head slap moment if this were one of his cases on NCIS . CE-399 might have hit a big box full of cotton and that's about all . Do you all really think that LHO did the shooting from the breakroom ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 10:00:06 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
Is muzzle velocity is 2165 ft/sec (approx.) meaning travelling the distance to JFK?s back and piercing his torso chopped off less than 400 ft/sec and you propose that between entering the back and hitting the rub it somehow lost at least 800 ft/sec. Umm? no. Just no.  :D

As if you actually know what weapon fired the bullet that hit Connally and where that weapon was located.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 01:56:13 AM »
Another magic bullet thread...just what we need.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 01:56:13 AM »