Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: What Was Oswald Doing Friday Morning?  (Read 1789 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: What Was Oswald Doing Friday Morning?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On Friday morning: Lee Oswald was contemplating his plan to assassinate President John F. Kennedy on Friday afternoon. What else?

Agreed.  Given his meticulous planning for the Walker event, Oswald no doubt formulated a basic plan that week in advance of Friday.  He probably identified more than one potential shooting location that offered him the best combination of seclusion and view of the motorcade.  The 6th floor window was ideal given the boxes placed there and its location away from the elevators.  Oswald couldn't have controlled every contingency that day.   On Friday he has a basic plan but has to keep tabs on what is unfolding.  If there had been a group of employees on the 6th floor, for example, then maybe he goes up to the 7th.  Or maybe he takes his package home and no one is the wiser.  He likely carries his clipboard around as a kind of prop to give the appearance of doing work on the 6th floor while he is reconing the situation.  No reason to be suspicious of Old Lee going about his order filling business on the 6th floor!  My guess is that the last thing he did before retrieving the rifle was to put to down the clipboard.  So the location of the clipboard likely approximates where he hid the rifle that morning.  He enters the building, goes straight to the 6th floor and hides the rifle.  He walks around trying to give the appearance of working for as long as possible. When the coast is clear, he puts his clipboard down and picks up his package which he carries to the SN to assemble. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »

Online Tony Fratini

• Mr. FRITZ. I wasn't there when that was recovered.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:20:36 AM »
Agreed.  Given his meticulous planning for the Walker event, Oswald no doubt formulated a basic plan that week in advance of Friday.  He probably identified more than one potential shooting location that offered him the best combination of seclusion and view of the motorcade.  The 6th floor window was ideal given the boxes placed there and its location away from the elevators.  Oswald couldn't have controlled every contingency that day.   On Friday he has a basic plan but has to keep tabs on what is unfolding.  If there had been a group of employees on the 6th floor, for example, then maybe he goes up to the 7th.  Or maybe he takes his package home and no one is the wiser.  He likely carries his clipboard around as a kind of prop to give the appearance of doing work on the 6th floor while he is reconing the situation.  No reason to be suspicious of Old Lee going about his order filling business on the 6th floor!  My guess is that the last thing he did before retrieving the rifle was to put to down the clipboard.  So the location of the clipboard likely approximates where he hid the rifle that morning.  He enters the building, goes straight to the 6th floor and hides the rifle.  He walks around trying to give the appearance of working for as long as possible. When the coast is clear, he puts his clipboard down and picks up his package which he carries to the SN to assemble.

Was that before or after BRW vacated the SE corner of the 6th floor? How could Lee assemble CE 139 in the SN, if BRW was there? Why then did Lee end up in the SW corner of the 6th floor at 12.15 pm with a fully assembled rifle with a high powered scope as observed by Rowland?
How do you know that CE 139 was ever in a disassembled state on 22/11/1963 and that it was carried in CE 142. Not even the FBI expert was able to prove that.

Apart from speculation what actual evidence do you have?

Online Ross Lidell

• JFK : Profile In Courage
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »

The clipboard was used as a "marker" for the location to hide the rifle on his way to the back stairs. You may be right in suggesting that the paper bag containing the rifle was hidden in the same location.

Cunning Oswald probably thought: Who cares if someone opens the package and finds the disassembled rifle. I can claim I brought it to work with the intention of taking it to a gun shop (during my lunch hour) to have a new telescopic sight fitted or some other plausible excuse.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:47:11 AM by Ross Lidell »

Online Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »
This is from my "Statements That Sink The WC's Conclusions" series and shows that the answer to the OP post's question is -- LHO was working.

You could put the series on CD?
 I've copied a few so far on Notepad.
But Notepad is mediocre storage because it doesn't have the color highlights etc.
I could pull out a crystal ball like Agent Smith et all and divine that Oswald might have been involved in something that may or may not have anything to do with JFK.
Did anyone mention if LHO used the telephone that morning?

Online Tony Fratini

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 04:56:55 AM »
The clipboard was used as a "marker" for the location to hide the rifle on his way to the back stairs. You may be right in suggesting that the paper bag containing the rifle was hidden in the same location.

Cunning Oswald probably thought: Who cares if someone opens the package and finds the disassembled rifle. I can claim I brought it to work with the intention of taking it to a gun shop (during my lunch hour) to have a new telescopic sight fitted or some other plausible excuse.

Are you even being remotely serious on any of your speculative points?

What's next Ross?

Lee repositioned the chicken lunch sack to the SN in order to implicate BRW as a co-conspirator?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 04:56:55 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 05:27:24 AM »
The higher paying offer came the morning Oswald started his TSBD job. So stop trying to blame Paine: First, cite that she didn't tell him.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't actually. Now, let's see if you can figure that one out as a normally adjusted individual would, instead jumping to conclusions and claiming Paine a conspirator.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:30:28 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:18 AM »
You could put the series on CD?
 I've copied a few so far on Notepad.
But Notepad is mediocre storage because it doesn't have the color highlights etc.
I could pull out a crystal ball like Agent Smith et all and divine that Oswald might have been involved in something that may or may not have anything to do with JFK.
Did anyone mention if LHO used the telephone that morning?

'et all'
LOL
It's et al, professor

'crystal ball'
It's you brainiacs who conjure up the crap around here.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:43:55 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »
It's et al
Well mercy me....I didn't know Mr Webster had joined the forum
The "crap" remark ...can't Mr Webster do a little better than that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »

Offline James Hess

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
It's just so odd that the clipboard was left on the 6th floor.
 If LHO had not found the Scott Foresman books he needed up there and there were also Scott Foresman books on the 1st floor ...
Why abandon the clipboard on the 6th just a few feet from the rifle was later found, just to go to lunch?
Givens said to Oswald, "Boy are you going downstairs? ... It's near lunch time." Oswald said, "No, sir....."
Before noon!
What was Oswald doing for that half hour?
Hiding his clipboard?
So ironic, the swap of a tool for a book store employee for that of an assassin found just feet apart.

Online Tony Fratini

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »
It's just so odd that the clipboard was left on the 6th floor.
 If LHO had not found the Scott Foresman books he needed up there and there were also Scott Foresman books on the 1st floor ...
Why abandon the clipboard on the 6th just a few feet from the rifle was later found, just to go to lunch?
Givens said to Oswald, "Boy are you going downstairs? ... It's near lunch time." Oswald said, "No, sir....."
Before noon!
What was Oswald doing for that half hour?
Hiding his clipboard?
So ironic, the swap of a tool for a book store employee for that of an assassin found just feet apart.

Lee was trying to find the rifle parts that fell out of the open end of the paper bag he was seen carrying that morning. He then asked BRW if he could help him. He was going to ask Dougherty but no one knew where he was. ;D

Amazing how everything that Lee did had sinister intentions.

Do you know what Dougherty was up to in the same time Lee was unaccounted for?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »