Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: What Was Oswald Doing Friday Morning?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline James Hess

What Was Oswald Doing Friday Morning?
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »
Recently I came across something that I would like to see some discussion of here:
Often LNS like myself mention Our Boys' clipboard, appropriated from a co-worker  FRANKIE KAISER,  was discovered several days later with unfilled orders still on it.
But Frazier told a friend of mine the order sheets were turned in as the orders were filled...so, common sense tells us the unfilled order sheets don't really mean much.
In looking through various testimonies  it appears there was no way to track which filled order was  turned in by any particular TSBD employee afterward, which seems odd for any business concentrating on quality control .
Frazier said in his testimony he saw LHO filling orders that morning so (rightly) scoffs at the idea the unfilled order sheets found on the clipboard mean anything.

The clipboard was found on the 6th floor, which seems to indicate he could have filled some orders but how was it left on that floor?
Did he take it back up to the 6th after filling other orders and just leave it there before going down for lunch?
Why would he have done that?
Should we accept that supervisors had not kept track of who had filled certain orders?

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »

Offline John Mytton

Re: What Was Oswald Doing Friday Morning?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 12:10:32 PM »

I reckon that out of the 4 hours of work time Oswald didn't need much time for preparation so he easily could have appeared to be working and at the same time be working on some minor assassination details.

Btw I've also wondered how they kept track of the workers efficiency because on the Friday they didn't seem to know exactly what Oswald did that morning?

JohnM

Offline James Hess

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 12:26:07 PM »
I reckon that out of the 4 hours of work time Oswald didn't need much time for preparation so he easily could have appeared to be working and at the same time be working on some minor assassination details.

Btw I've also wondered how they kept track of the workers efficiency because on the Friday they didn't seem to know exactly what Oswald did that morning?

JohnM
Thanks John M
I am very curious why/how the clipboard was left on the 6th floor.
With only unfilled order sheets on it.
Did he take it back up to the 6th for some unfathomable reason and just leave it there before going down to lunch?
The unfilled orders were all 3 for Scott-Foresman books  which were stored on the 1st and 6th floor.
He turned filled orders in on the 1st floor.
So. how did it (the clipboard) get up onto the 6th ?
He took it up there from the 1st and then went down to lunch?
It's all very strange.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:33:26 PM by James Hess »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »
Thanks John M
I am very curious why/how the clipboard was left on the 6th floor.
With only unfilled order sheets on it.
Did he take it back up to the 6th for some unfathomable reason and just leave it there before going down to lunch?
The unfilled orders were all 3 for Scott-Foresman books  which were stored on the 1st and 6th floor.
He turned filled orders in on the 1st floor.
So. how did it (the clipboard) get up onto the 6th ?
He took it up there from the 1st and then went down to lunch?
It's all very strange.

I think he just hung onto the clipboard so he would appear to have a legitimate reason to be hanging around the 6th floor.

Mr. GIVENS. He was between the stock and the window, coming towards the elevators.
Mr. BELIN. Coming towards the elevators?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Did you see all of his body or not?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir; he had his clipboard in his hand.
Mr. BELIN. He had his clipboard in his hand?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.

JohnM

Offline James Hess

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »
I think he just hung onto the clipboard so he would appear to have a legitimate reason to be hanging around the 6th floor.

Mr. GIVENS. He was between the stock and the window, coming towards the elevators.
Mr. BELIN. Coming towards the elevators?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Did you see all of his body or not?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir; he had his clipboard in his hand.
Mr. BELIN. He had his clipboard in his hand?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.

JohnM
...but no Scott/Foresman books or boxes of books?
What could he have been doing?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:46:10 PM by James Hess »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
The clipboard was found on the 6th floor, which seems to indicate he could have filled some orders but how was it left on that floor?
Did he take it back up to the 6th after filling other orders and just leave it there before going down for lunch?
Why would he have done that?
Should we accept that supervisors had not kept track of who had filled certain orders?

Well, there's really no way to know how it got there or when.  It was found on December 2, supposedly out in the open, was missed or not noted or photographed by the police during their "extensive search" and discovery of the rifle near where the clipboard was out in the open, and presumably also not noticed by any employee in the intervening 10 days.  There was nothing to tie that particular clipboard to Oswald, other than Kaiser thinking that Oswald had appropriated it from him.  And nothing to indicate that it was the same clipboard that Givens saw.  If it was ever dusted for prints, that was never mentioned by anyone in the record.  As a piece of evidence, it's not very meaningful.

Online Ross Lidell

• JFK : Profile In Courage
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 10:13:36 PM »
On Friday morning: Lee Oswald was contemplating his plan to assassinate President John F. Kennedy on Friday afternoon. What else?

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »
On Friday morning: Lee Oswald was contemplating his plan to assassinate President John F. Kennedy on Friday afternoon. What else?

Agreed.  Given his meticulous planning for the Walker event, Oswald no doubt formulated a basic plan that week in advance of Friday.  He probably identified more than one potential shooting location that offered him the best combination of seclusion and view of the motorcade.  The 6th floor window was ideal given the boxes placed there and its location away from the elevators.  Oswald couldn't have controlled every contingency that day.   On Friday he has a basic plan but has to keep tabs on what is unfolding.  If there had been a group of employees on the 6th floor, for example, then maybe he goes up to the 7th.  Or maybe he takes his package home and no one is the wiser.  He likely carries his clipboard around as a kind of prop to give the appearance of doing work on the 6th floor while he is reconing the situation.  No reason to be suspicious of Old Lee going about his order filling business on the 6th floor!  My guess is that the last thing he did before retrieving the rifle was to put to down the clipboard.  So the location of the clipboard likely approximates where he hid the rifle that morning.  He enters the building, goes straight to the 6th floor and hides the rifle.  He walks around trying to give the appearance of working for as long as possible. When the coast is clear, he puts his clipboard down and picks up his package which he carries to the SN to assemble. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »

Online Ross Lidell

• JFK : Profile In Courage
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »
Agreed.  Given his meticulous planning for the Walker event, Oswald no doubt formulated a basic plan that week in advance of Friday.  He probably identified more than one potential shooting location that offered him the best combination of seclusion and view of the motorcade.  The 6th floor window was ideal given the boxes placed there and its location away from the elevators.  Oswald couldn't have controlled every contingency that day.   On Friday he has a basic plan but has to keep tabs on what is unfolding.  If there had been a group of employees on the 6th floor, for example, then maybe he goes up to the 7th.  Or maybe he takes his package home and no one is the wiser.  He likely carries his clipboard around as a kind of prop to give the appearance of doing work on the 6th floor while he is reconing the situation.  No reason to be suspicious of Old Lee going about his order filling business on the 6th floor!  My guess is that the last thing he did before retrieving the rifle was to put to down the clipboard.  So the location of the clipboard likely approximates where he hid the rifle that morning.  He enters the building, goes straight to the 6th floor and hides the rifle.  He walks around trying to give the appearance of working for as long as possible. When the coast is clear, he puts his clipboard down and picks up his package which he carries to the SN to assemble.

The clipboard was used as a "marker" for the location to hide the rifle on his way to the back stairs. You may be right in suggesting that the paper bag containing the rifle was hidden in the same location.

Cunning Oswald probably thought: Who cares if someone opens the package and finds the disassembled rifle. I can claim I brought it to work with the intention of taking it to a gun shop (during my lunch hour) to have a new telescopic sight fitted or some other plausible excuse.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:47:11 AM by Ross Lidell »

Online Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »
This is from my "Statements That Sink The WC's Conclusions" series and shows that the answer to the OP post's question is -- LHO was working.

You could put the series on CD?
 I've copied a few so far on Notepad.
But Notepad is mediocre storage because it doesn't have the color highlights etc.
I could pull out a crystal ball like Agent Smith et all and divine that Oswald might have been involved in something that may or may not have anything to do with JFK.
Did anyone mention if LHO used the telephone that morning?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »

Support The Forum - Make A Small Donation