Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Conspiracist Contradictions  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Conspiracist Contradictions
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 07:01:41 PM »
Advertisement
Is anyone going to mention 'echo effect' at some point?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:03:53 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 07:01:41 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »

Is anyone going to mention 'echo effect' at some point?

There are multiple ways a single shot can result in more than one noise.

** Echoes.

** The ?Crack? of the supersonic bullet, generally followed by the ?Thump? from the muzzle blast.

** The sound of a bullet or bullet fragment hitting bone, glass or metal.

Meaning that, even in cases where no two shots actually occurred right on top of each other, it should be common for witnesses to report that, by sheer coincidence, two shots occurred almost simultaneously. This is something we should expect.

Witnesses are prone to report phantom pairs of shots. This may be more common with the last shot, possibly due to the longer range of the last shot, or people remembering the shots better once they realized that the noises were gunshots.

Addendum:

I assume there were no large buildings around the shooting site of this video which would provide better surfaces for the muzzle blast to bounce off of, unlike Dealey Plaza. Even so, echoes are still noticeable.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:15:42 PM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
Walt,

I have often thought that the first shot was from a .22. I live in the country and every fall the people around me are sighting in their rifles in prep for hunting season. You can definitely tell the difference between a .22 and something else like a 30.06 or a 30/30.

Steve Thomas

Harold Norman said one of the shots (the first I think) shook the entire building. Another employee downstairs said that, or something similar, as well.

The following firing sequence shows that the reports sometimes vary in loudness, it seems to me. Listen carefully throughout the entire video., especially after the first sequence (I didn't notice any report differential there).

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:28:54 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:17 PM »
I?m not sure if it was most, but yes, many witnesses remarked the first noise was almost like a firecracker. But the point of this post is that if the number of witnesses making a claim is reason to include it in a theory, then why not use the total number of 3 shots, the one origin of shots, etc?

Because most of the witnesses were interviewed long after the "3 shots" narrative was firmly established and media saturated.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
There are multiple ways a single shot can result in more than one noise.

Then the fact that most witnesses thought they heard 3 shots is meaningless anyway, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »

Offline Allan Fritzke

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 03:36:13 AM »
It?s no specific witness account. The point I was making was that if one is so convinced of the accuracy of witness evidence by the strength of its number (as CTs are with the origin of shots and spacing of shots) then why not be totally honest and use all the witness evidence: the majority?more than the amount who identified the knoll or bunched final shots combined?said there were three shots. They also remained confident in the one origin they isolated as being the only origin. They also thought the shots took about 5 seconds from start to finish.

Most CTs accounts of the shooting go above and beyond what the witness data they mostly rely on permits, and this is he contradiction I was highlighting.

Well.....I quoted the 2 original witnesses in my video and the account they gave was from their original testimonies - I believe 3 shots and a firecracker for distraction to get people looking in another direction when the President  was struck in the throat with the first shot.  Governor Connally's original testimony reported 3 and Malcom Summers reported 3 and the grouping with the last 2 coming close together - definitely not a bolt action rifle.

Zapruder film shows 3 shots, 2 through windshield and one behind the sign.  No other visible shots present!   You must look at original accounts to get the truth.   All later testimonies were altered after hearing other facts and "adlib" ing to their stories - either accidentally or to match the storyline's narrative.    YOU MUST LOOK at the oldest and most original narrative and go from there.  Accept something like the Zapruder film and then make all narrative match what you see - not what someone else tells you years later!

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,101.0.html

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »
Well.....I quoted the 2 original witnesses in my video and the account they gave was from their original testimonies - I believe 3 shots and a firecracker for distraction to get people looking in another direction when the President  was struck in the throat with the first shot.  Governor Connally's original testimony reported 3 and Malcom Summers reported 3 and the grouping with the last 2 coming close together - definitely not a bolt action rifle.

Zapruder film shows 3 shots, 2 through windshield and one behind the sign.  No other visible shots present!   You must look at original accounts to get the truth.   All later testimonies were altered after hearing other facts and "adlib" ing to their stories - either accidentally or to match the storyline's narrative.    YOU MUST LOOK at the oldest and most original narrative and go from there.  Accept something like the Zapruder film and then make all narrative match what you see - not what someone else tells you years later!

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,101.0.html

Malcom Summers reported 3 and the grouping with the last 2 coming close together - definitely not a bolt action rifle.

the last 2 coming close together - definitely not a bolt action rifle.

There's not a person in the world who can accurately fire two shots from a standard Mannlicher Carcano in a manner that the two shots sound almost as one shot.    Anybody who has operated the bolt of a carcano knows that this is a fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 03:35:30 AM »
  Governor Connally's original testimony reported 3 ....
J B Connally's original testimony [when he was shot] was actually "Oh God no no no they're going to kill us all."
Why did he say that?