Poll

How does LHOs lack of clear motive affect your perception of his guilt?

I am less convinced he was the assassin / more convinced he was not the assassin
I am more convinced he was the assassin
I am convinced he must have been part of a plot
Other (please specify below)
No impact

Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: How does LHOs lack of motive affect your beliefs about his guilt?  (Read 2912 times)

Online Dillon Rankine

Obviously, Im curious to see how the lack of apparent motivation on Oswalds part affects the perception of his guilt. Im sure this will lead to some interesting discussions. 

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Rubio

Re: How does LHOs lack of motive affect your beliefs about his guilt?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 01:39:44 AM »
Lack of motive?
a.) Communist
b.) Hands off Cuba
He seemed to have motives in ways. Maybe as a psychological study, he was like the school shooters and wanted attention.

Online Ross Lidell

• JFK : Profile In Courage
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:06:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Obviously, Im curious to see how the lack of apparent motivation on Oswalds part affects the perception of his guilt. Im sure this will lead to some interesting discussions.

A lack of motive does not automatically exonerate a suspect in the crime of murder.

When the victim of murder is a political figure--such as president of the USA--the motive is simple. An ordinary citizen desires to kill the #1 citizen of the country.

Additionally: Motive can be subjective, irrational or obscure. In Oswald's case: "Hmmm, I see President Kennedy is driving past my workplace on Friday. I could kill him. I will kill him. That'll show everyone how great I am".

Offline James Hess

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
Self avowed Marxist shoots leader of free world.
All that's left to do is the paperwork.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:36:06 AM by James Hess »

Online Dillon Rankine

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
A lack of motive does not automatically exonerate a suspect in the crime of murder.

When the victim of murder is a political figure--such as president of the USA--the motive is simple. An ordinary citizen desires to kill the #1 citizen of the country.

Additionally: Motive can be subjective, irrational or obscure. In Oswald's case: "Hmmm, I see President Kennedy is driving past my workplace on Friday. I could kill him. I will kill him. That'll show everyone how great I am".

I agree, but Id go a step further and say his motives were likely symptoms of a neuropsychiatric disorder. He had plenty of risk factors plus a diagnosis of schizoid personality disorder (now recognised as part of schizophrenic spectrum) which causes his idiosyncrasies to be viewed more like symptoms than traits.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

• You only receive flak when you are over the target
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:35:12 PM »
Lack of motive?
a.) Communist
b.) Hands off Cuba
He seemed to have motives in ways. Maybe as a psychological study, he was like the school shooters and wanted attention.

It was never shown with supporting evidence that he was a Communist. The rest is just unsupported ramblings. There was NO motive given and this is a huge red flag in the official case.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »

With no motive how does one person become a "suspect" in less than two hours in a fairly large city?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:39:01 PM »
I agree, but Id go a step further and say his motives were likely symptoms of a neuropsychiatric disorder. He had plenty of risk factors plus a diagnosis of schizoid personality disorder (now recognised as part of schizophrenic spectrum) which causes his idiosyncrasies to be viewed more like symptoms than traits.

Arm chair psychiatrist. Why not cite supporting evidence for your claims?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:39:01 PM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 04:03:17 PM »

Oswald had the 'eureka' moment of his life upon finding out the motorcade would pass in front of his workplace.

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
Arm chair psychiatrist. Why not cite supporting evidence for your claims?

Oswald himself... why not read his backstory?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:17:15 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »