Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Four times Toni Foster said, "The car stopped!"  (Read 20931 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Four times Toni Foster said, "The car stopped!"
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »
Advertisement
Toni Foster is said to have been on the scene when JFK was assassinated. She has been identified in the Zapruder film.
In a 2000 article by Debra Conway (interview was in late 1990's), Toni says that JFK's car stopped for several seconds. She says it FOUR times!
What are we to make of her testimony?

I know the Governor and Mrs. Connally were there but I wasn?t even thinking of them. I don?t mean that in an inconsiderate way but it?s just what I saw. They were protecting themselves too. For some reason the car stopped. It did stop for seconds. I don?t ever know why it stopped and all of a sudden it sped up and they went under the underpass.
I could never figure out why the car stopped. [Mrs. Kennedy] started crawling out the back of the car crying and screaming (whatever it was she was screaming, I can?t remember).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:55:11 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Four times Toni Foster said, "The car stopped!"
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

Re: Four times Toni Foster said, "The car stopped!"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:21:40 PM »
Oh that's right, all the films were altered.

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
Well, what do you really think? Was Toni lying in the interview? And yes, all the films were confiscated by the FBI, and I suppose all but the Nix film was returned... Four times, "it stopped." Is she lying, near blind - or do we have a good case of film tampering?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:03:01 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »
Well, what do you really think? Was Toni lying in the interview? And yes, all the films were confiscated by the FBI, and I suppose all but the Nix film was returned... Four times, "it stopped." Is she lying, near blind - or do we have a good case of film tampering?
The limo experienced rapid deceleration due to Greer lifting his foot off the accelerator while driving at parade speed in first gear. The limo never stopped but the motorcade behind it did.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:10:36 PM by Steve Logan »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 08:41:54 PM »

She was wrong pure and simple. Maybe she's lying or maybe she's convinced herself that her recollection is based on reality but it's not.

Why would you wasted even 5 minutes of your life on this nonsense? You will never get out of the rabbit hole if this stuff sucks you in.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 08:41:54 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
She was wrong pure and simple. Maybe she's lying or maybe she's convinced herself that her recollection is based on reality but it's not.

You use such compelling arguments.  Would you accept an argument like that?

Howard Brennan was wrong pure and simple. Maybe he's lying or maybe he's convinced himself that his recollection is based on reality but it's not.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
You use such compelling arguments.  Would you accept an argument like that?

Howard Brennan was wrong pure and simple. Maybe he's lying or maybe he's convinced himself that his recollection is based on reality but it's not.

Hi John, whilst I believe Steve Howsley is essentially correct in that "she was wrong" the explanation is anything but "pure and simple". I believe Steve Logan explained it better; "The limo experienced rapid deceleration due to Greer lifting his foot off the brake while driving at parade speed in first gear. The limo never stopped but the motorcade behind it did." That may certainly have given the appearance that the lead car also stopped and explains the mistake. Unless you believe in the film alteration theory, it's quite clear the lead car did not stop but just slowed down.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:59:21 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »
Hi John, whilst I believe Steve Howsley is essentially correct in that "she was mistaken" the explanation is anything but "pure and simple". I believe Steve Logan explained it better; "The limo experienced rapid deceleration due to Greer lifting his foot off the brake while driving at parade speed in first gear. The limo never stopped but the motorcade behind it did." That may certainly have given the appearance that the lead car also stopped and explains the mistake. Unless you believe in the film alteration theory, it's quite clear the lead car did not stop but just slowed down.

I think that explanation works fine for the people who were standing behind the presidential limo at the time, but not so much for Toni Glover because she was right alongside the limo.