Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Zapruder's "stick-man" was using a walkie-talkie!  (Read 21608 times)

Offline Patrick Jackson

Re: Zapruder's "stick-man" was using a walkie-talkie!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
Advertisement
      By 1963 a radio in the dashboard of a car was very common. Why would someone listen to a transistor radio and run down the batteries inside it, when they had the option of simply using the car radio?
Well, we do not know what Toni meant. Maybe they had both, in car and transistor one. Common sense says, OK, they were listening the car radio while they were driving and once they parked the car (probably not too close to Dealey plaza) they took transistor and listened the progres of the motorcade. In any case, appart from radio issue not being clear, this person position in Bell film coresponds to Toni statemen about her husband.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
      By 1963 a radio in the dashboard of a car was very common. Why would someone listen to a transistor radio and run down the batteries inside it, when they had the option of simply using the car radio?
Royell, yes, correct. A radio in the car was much more common than a transistor radio in 1963. I would think that most skilled investigators would be correct to assume the reference to radio was a reference to the car radio, and especially after reading her describing the order of events...

Just like everyone else, we knew President Kennedy was coming so we were trying to hurry and get downtown to see him. We were listening to the radio to follow what areas he was in; so we were hurrying. When we did arrive and parked my husband said, ?Let?s go over to Main Street to get a picture of them as they come around...."
[/b]

Of course, looking at these old films, one could hardly even prove JFK was sitting next to Jackie for goodness sakes!... So there is no claim that there is full clarity of exactly what this fellow is holding in his left hand up to his ear, while running... but his motion and behavior appears suspect, and if I were on the scene in '63, I'd call him in and ask a few questions....

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »
    On a Hi Def screen this Bell Film footage via "The Lost Bullet" is clearer. The guy definitely was holding/griping something in his (L) hand as he sprinted across that S. Knoll grass toward Houston St.

The guy isn't on the south knoll; he's on the grass infield located between Main and Elm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2018, 04:39:24 AM »
Thank you Steve. I am sure we can find them in other films and photos.

I agree.  Thumb1:

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »
I agree.  Thumb1:
Steve, "clearly, he has something in his left hand" - what that is exactly, is the question. It looks like the behavior of someone running with a walkie talkie. But again, clearly, he has something in his left hand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 02:28:04 PM »
Steve, "clearly, he has something in his left hand" - what that is exactly, is the question. It looks like the behavior of someone running with a walkie talkie. But again, clearly, he has something in his left hand.

No he doesn't "clearly" have something in his left hand.  He clearly has something in his right hand, but he doesn't "clearly" have anything in his left hand.  You have yet to prove this other than saying it over and over.  The film is too blurry, too grainy, and too dark to say there is something in his hand with 100% certainty. You thrive on blurry images to try making a case for everything you have posted in here, and it's insulting to say the very least. 

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
It looks more to me that he is almost certainly covering his ear with his left hand, to muffle in anticipation, the sound of more shots coming, perhaps.

It's more likely that he has something in his right hand, or sticking out of his right pocket, probably his Radio. See Below.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 03:36:32 PM »
Transistor radios were certainly available in 1963:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor_radio