Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: List of Zapruder employees/ Dal-Tex building  (Read 6017 times)

Online Robert Reeves

List of Zapruder employees/ Dal-Tex building
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
Advertisement
Hello, I saw a list of Zapruder's employees a while back but am unable to locate it. Does anyone have a list?

Any lists of Businesses/employees working in the Dal-Tex building?

Are there any known clothes making/repairs/tailoring type businesses within a couple of buildings away from the TSBD?

Any help is appreciated

JFK Assassination Forum

List of Zapruder employees/ Dal-Tex building
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »

Online Robert Reeves

Re: List of Zapruder employees/ Dal-Tex building
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »
BTW, I am interested in any known 'sewing' or tailoring businesses close to the TSBD at the time of the assassination as I have some information relating to Gordon Arnold. His mother may have been employed at a 'sewing factory' ... is all the description I have ... at the time of the assassination. And that it was situated 'two buildings away from the TSBD' ... again all the information I have.

Zapruder had an office at the Dal-Tex building related to his clothing company. Does anyone know if garments were actually being made by Zapruder employees in the Dal-Tex at the time?

Offline Chris Scally

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:01 PM »
Robert:

Don't know if the following is of any help, but the following is what I have regarding the occupants of the Dal-Tex Building in 1963:

First Floor ? Vacant

Second Floor ?
?   McKell?s Sportswear Inc. ? women?s clothing manufacturer (Hank Stanton, who is seen in the famous Altgens photo sitting on the window ledge on the second floor, worked for ? and/or was - the son of the owner of a women?s clothes manufacturing business on second floor. But was it McKell?s?)
?   Stan Lea of Dallas (blouse manufacturer)

Third Floor ?
?   Miller-Cupaioli (Clothing). The company changed its name to Miller-Randazzo in 1964. Assassination eye-witnesses Carolyn Walther and Pearl Springer worked for this company.
?   Some sources have indicated that Dallas Uranium & Oil had offices on this floor

Fourth Floor ?
Jennifer Juniors Inc. (Zapruder?s company. His office was on this floor). Among the employees were Marilyn Sitzman (receptionist), Lillian Rogers (Zapruder's secretary and PA), Beatrice Hester (Payroll / Shipping Clerk), and Erwin Schwartz, Zapruder's business partner. I have a photo somewhere in my files of Zapruder and some of his staff in January 1957, and there were about 24-30 people in the photo.

Fifth Floor ?
?   Edwill's Fashions, Inc.
?   Ralph Leeds Inc.
?   Cupaioldi & Leeds
?   Jennifer Juniors

Sixth Floor ?
?   Marilyn Belt Manufacturing Co. (began operations in 1944) - Andy Armstrong worked here for two months in January 1962, before going to work for Jack Ruby in the Carousel Club. Morty (or Marty) Freedman was said to own Marilyn Belt, and the manager was E.L. Nelson. The plant Supervisor was a woman named Virgle Batson
?   Morty Freeman Inc.
?   Dallas Uranium & Oil. (All three companies above were said to have the same shared telephone number)

Seventh Floor ?
Mr. Eddie Inc.
MGB Manufacturing
Adaptables Inc.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has any further detail, I, too, would be interesting in hearing about them.

Chris

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:01 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:30:43 PM »
Robert:

Don't know if the following is of any help, but the following is what I have regarding the occupants of the Dal-Tex Building in 1963:

First Floor ? Vacant

Second Floor ?
?   McKell?s Sportswear Inc. ? women?s clothing manufacturer (Hank Stanton, who is seen in the famous Altgens photo sitting on the window ledge on the second floor, worked for ? and/or was - the son of the owner of a women?s clothes manufacturing business on second floor. But was it McKell?s?)
?   Stan Lea of Dallas (blouse manufacturer)

Third Floor ?
?   Miller-Cupaioli (Clothing). The company changed its name to Miller-Randazzo in 1964. Assassination eye-witnesses Carolyn Walther and Pearl Springer worked for this company.
?   Some sources have indicated that Dallas Uranium & Oil had offices on this floor

Fourth Floor ?
Jennifer Juniors Inc. (Zapruder?s company. His office was on this floor). Among the employees were Marilyn Sitzman (receptionist), Lillian Rogers (Zapruder's secretary and PA), Beatrice Hester (Payroll / Shipping Clerk), and Erwin Schwartz, Zapruder's business partner. I have a photo somewhere in my files of Zapruder and some of his staff in January 1957, and there were about 24-30 people in the photo.

Fifth Floor ?
?   Edwill's Fashions, Inc.
?   Ralph Leeds Inc.
?   Cupaioldi & Leeds
?   Jennifer Juniors

Sixth Floor ?
?   Marilyn Belt Manufacturing Co. (began operations in 1944) - Andy Armstrong worked here for two months in January 1962, before going to work for Jack Ruby in the Carousel Club. Morty (or Marty) Freedman was said to own Marilyn Belt, and the manager was E.L. Nelson. The plant Supervisor was a woman named Virgle Batson
?   Morty Freeman Inc.
?   Dallas Uranium & Oil. (All three companies above were said to have the same shared telephone number)

Seventh Floor ?
Mr. Eddie Inc.
MGB Manufacturing
Adaptables Inc.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has any further detail, I, too, would be interesting in hearing about them.

Chris

That's great stuff Chris, thank you. The information I have comes from a sixth floor museum interview transcript with Gordon Arnold's wife and son. His wife says Gordon was in the plaza wearing his army uniform because he was due to be meeting his mother from work to take photos together before departing to Alaska. That she worked at a 'sewing factory' two buildings away from where the interview was (sixth floor museum). I'd bet it was somewhere in the Dal-Tex building.

Thanks also John. I'll try and check him out.