Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Ambush  (Read 17084 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The Ambush
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 06:27:27 PM »
Advertisement
That would have been a hell of a shot for Oswald to make from the breakroom

Tell that to your fellow Mensa buddies who claim Oswald was standing on the front step

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 06:27:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »
Tell that to your fellow Mensa buddies who claim Oswald was standing on the front step

Just as much evidence for either of these things as there is for Oswald being on the 6th floor with a rifle.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:33 AM »
Don't you guys claim that he used the iron sights?

Whatever it takes...

Please take a moment to explain what difference it makes whether Oswald used the irons versus the scope, in relation to leading the target.  I can't wait to hear this one.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:33 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 03:55:16 AM »
Please take a moment to explain what difference it makes whether Oswald used the irons versus the scope, in relation to leading the target.  I can't wait to hear this one.

A non- issue it seems.
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360562

But if you're going to smuggle in a rifle somewhere and not use the scope then why carry in a scope?
Wouldn't matter if it was a top of the line Bushnell...if it's not sighted in properly, then it's worthless.

Looks like we don't have any combat veterans here.
Do we have any experienced hunters?

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 04:03:52 AM »
most of crowd is looking towards TSBD as JFK limo approaches, so more lilely shooter is seen if trying to shoot on approach.

most of crowd is looking away from TSBD, and thus away from shooter, when JFK limo moves down Elm st. so less likely shooter is seen taking shots from behind.

What is odd imo, is why the SW gunman, seen by Arnold Rowland, at 12:15pm,  did not return to that same SW window. Its actually the best window to shoot from behind, because the following reasons:

1. No adjacent building nearby to the  the snipers SW corner, unlike the SE window which has an East window that allows LOS from any persons on upper floors of Daltex building.

2. Allows a clear LOS to JFK in the limo, even if SS agents were riding on the rear, because the shooters angle is slighty to the side of the limo.

3. A much smaller % of the crowd would have a visual to the shooter on this side TSBD, than at the SE window.

4. The shooter can easily use the lefthand corner of the window ledge as his rifle rest with less obstruction from pipes to the left of that window, and fewer boxes stacked up.

5. The distance to the staircase, or to the west elevator is 100 ft less distance than from SE window. There is no zigzagging required either, it is a straight line to the stairs/west elevator, unobstructed.

6. there are several West windows along that west aisle that the shooter could have thrown his rfile out to an accomplice standing below, on the roof top of the loading dock annex on that side the building. That accomplice could have then taken rifle and exited off the roof or tossed it to someone in car beside edge of that side of the annex. The rifle would be gone from TSBD as quickly as 20 sec posts shots.

7. shooter could have taken  West elevator down to 1st floor after having moved it to 6th floor just after Baker/Truly began up the 5th floor staircase. So when B&T go to 5th floor landing, the West elevator appeared to be gone. It was actually on the 6th floor, and because Baker failed to stop to check the 6th lfoor, allowed shooter go down on the West elevator to the 1st floor. It was not Jack Dougherty, but the shooter, who used the west elevator.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:17:43 AM by Zeon Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 04:03:52 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »

Way to colossally miss the point.  Try reading my post again and in particular pay attention to the quote I helpfully included as part of my response.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 12:45:30 AM »

Why would a sniper wait until a target is eluding a perfect kill zone ...turning off and heading away into cover of signs and trees and then open fire?

You realize that the sniper's nest is only 2 feet from the window to the wall of boxes. Try to imagine yourself getting into position for a shot at a target on Houston from the half-closed window in that narrow a space. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 12:45:30 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 12:52:08 AM »

From my own experience, the iron sights would be easier to use in this case. Scopes narrow your field of view, which can be problematic trying to acquire/re-acquire a moving target.