Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Henry Wade- 'Token' Dallas D.A.  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Henry Wade- 'Token' Dallas D.A.
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »
Advertisement
I never understood why District Attorney Henry Wade was called as a witness to testify before the Commission. He didn't witness anything.
He wasn't a witness to the assassination...Tippits murder..Oswald's arrest...Oswald's line-ups at the DPD..he did not interrogate Oswald or anyone connected with Oswald...Marina, the Paines...no one.

However...Henry Wade stood as the judge, jury, and chief prosecutor [or persecutor really] of Lee Harvey Oswald based on his sole discernment of what must be.

.....only two hours after Jack Ruby had disposed of Oswald in the basement of Dallas Police Headquarters, the case against him was declared ?closed? by Police Chief Jesse Curry and by District Attorney Henry Wade who boasted that he had ?sent men to the electric chair with less evidence.? That same evening, in a televised press conference whose transcript will stand forever in the international annals of justice as an example of fantastic irresponsibility, Wade spoke the final word for the Dallas authorities: ?I would say that without any doubt he [Oswald] is the killer . . . there is no question that he [Oswald] was the killer of President Kennedy . . .

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/the-oswald-affair/

Scary huh?
Mr. RANKIN. By "he" you mean----
Mr. WADE. Ruby, Jack Ruby.
... Ruby ran up to me and he said, "Hi Henry" he yelled real loud. he yelled. "Hi, Henry," and put his hand to shake hands with me and I shook hands with him. And he said, "Don't you know me?" And I am trying to figure out whether I did or not. And he said, "I am Jack Ruby, I run the Vegas Club." And I said, "What are you doing in here?" It was in the basement of the city hall. He said, "I know all these fellows." Just shook his hand and said, "I know all these fellows." I still didn't know whether he was talking about the press or police all the time, but he shook his hands kind of like that and left me and I was trying to get out of the place which was rather crowded, and if you are familiar with that basement, and I was trying to get out of that hall. And here I heard someone call "Henry Wade wanted on the phone," this was about 1 o'clock in the morning or about 1 o'clock in the morning, and I gradually get around to the phone there, one of the police phones, and as I get there it is Jack Ruby, and station KLIF in Dallas on the phone. You see, he had gone there, this came out in the trial, that he had gone over there and called KLIF and said Henry Wade is down there, I will get you an interview with him.
Mr. RANKIN. Who is this?
Mr. WADE. KLIF is the name of the radio station.
You see, I didn't know a thing, and I just picked up the phone and they said this is so and so at KLIF and started asking questions.
But that came out in the trial.
But to show that he was trying to be kind of the type of person who was wanting to think he was important, you know.
Mr. RANKIN. Did you give him an interview over the telephone to KLIF? .....

Mr. DULLES. Could I ask a question?
Mr. WADE. Yes, sir.

(Discussion off the record.)

Wade essentially testified as to what everybody else reported to him.
This is typical of the Warren Commission's zeal to amass a voluminous report of hearings and exhibits. For the most part, too much of it was spin that had too little to do with the assassination.

He spent the day, he says, with his old buddy J.B. Connally, the  Governor of Texas.

Mr. WADE. The Sheriff told me, he said, "Don't say nothing about it, but they have got a good suspect," talking about the Dallas Police.
He didn't have him there. John Connally, you know, was shot also--and he was, he used to be a roommate of mine in the Navy and we were good friends, and are now--and the first thing I did then was went out to the hospital to see how he was getting along.

I must have stayed out there until about 5 o'clock, and in case you all don't know or understand one thing, it has never been my policy to make any investigations out of my office of murders or anything else for that matter. We leave that entirely to the police agency.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you have a reason for that?
Mr. WADE. That is the way it is set up down there.

Mr Wade's #1 hatchet man Assistant District Attorney William F.  'Bill' Alexander did not testify for the Warren Commission and yet he was a witness and on the scene at critical events on the day of the assassination.

There was something very peculiar going on when a ticket cashier 3 miles away from the crime scene could call the police at a moment when the phone lines to the Dallas Police must have been overloaded, only to have them send between 20-30 cops including the second assistant D.A. Bill Alexander to the movie theater because a suspicious person walked in without paying for a ticket. Especially when the police modus operandi was totally different as they arrested three hobos in the railroad yard close to Elm Street at approximately the same time. That arrest was handled by two police officers that behaved extremely casual.
http://assassinationofjfk.net/looking-at-the-tippit-case-from-a-different-angle/

Was Alexander and his pals Gerald Hill and Capt W R Westbrook all joined at the hip to Hugh Aynesworth??....
Who was present at the locations of the assassination in Dealey Plaza..the Tippit murder scene..the arrest at the Texas Theater...the Oswald rooming house...the Paine residence...and the execution of Oswald !!! Aynesworth was also not called as a witness to the Warren Commission and yet it might seem that he witnessed everything.
Whitewash- was their only client.

Mr. RANKIN. Have you supplied to the Commission all the information that you have or has come to your attention with regard to the assassination of the President?
Mr. WADE. I don't know of anything. As far as I know, I have. I never did get any information on the assassination of the President. I requested them to send it up here to begin with.

If Wade "didn't know anything"...What was he doing there?

JFK Assassination Forum

Henry Wade- 'Token' Dallas D.A.
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Henry Wade- 'Token' Dallas D.A.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:36:20 PM »
According to Wade...Oswald had a map showing the exact trajectory that his bullet would take.........
A guy 'behaving strangely' is what brought an army of lawmen to the theater!
Greasy chicken fingerprints were left on the rifle.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »
Had to look up Alexander... must have kept his head down.

Summers secured an interview with him but only a brief appearance if you're interested.
direct:
https://youtu.be/rxUl4SL5U8A?t=16m46s
or @ 16:46

Doug Mulder came after the JFK case of course but as a favorite of Wade his record is worth taking a look at.
What do you think you'd have to do to secure convinctions in order to be a favourite of Wade's?
Whatever it takes.
DM: "Convincting a guilty man is easy, the real challenge is convincting an innocent one."
As an innocent man I think I'd have a good chance at justice against Bugliosi but with Mulder you'd have to get religious real quick.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:35:18 AM by Barry Pollard »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 02:07:09 AM »
In a Henry Wade course on picking a jury....
"You don't pick blacks...you don't pick women... and you sure as hell don't pick black women."

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »
Here is what I don't get...We have some far left liberal members here who seem to absolutely despise far right conservative politics and yet these same guys support wholeheartedly the conclusions of the ultra right that Kennedy was killed by a communist...so said the staunchest right winger you could ever know about--Henry M Wade  ??? I just don't get it.
BTW the same Wade as Roe v Wade.
Also BTW LBJ was a 'Democrat' but he was no liberal and neither was his lap dog Jane Edna Hoover :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:31:52 AM »
In a Henry Wade course on picking a jury....
"You don't pick blacks...you don't pick women... and you sure as hell don't pick black women."
The Law and Henry Wade
https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1977/june/the-law-and-henry-wade/

When Henry Wade Executed an Innocent Man
https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2016/may/henry-wade-executed-innocent-man/

When asked "Did you know Jack Ruby" Henry Wade lied. He lied to reporters..he lied to the press..he lied to the Warren Commission... In fact, his brother Robert Ney Wade [also an attorney] and Jack Ruby were good friends. Ney Wade and Tom Howard [Ruby's lawyer] were partners. Want to know how/why Wade got away with it? Clue--LBJ JEH.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »
Wade was told the evidence.  He believed Oswald was guilty.  He said so to the press.  Big deal.  What difference does any of that make now? Most investigators these days will not discuss the evidence in an ongoing case for good reason.  This was a unique circumstance in another era.  Wade would have been better suited to have said nothing.  He made some factual mistakes that CTers cling to in desperation until this day.  He was, however, trying to be transparent about the investigation because it was a matter of national importance.  That is the irony.  In an effort to be transparent in their investigation and treatment of Oswald, the DPD inadvertently became the source of many conspiracy myths and ultimately put Oswald's life at risk by allowing a press circus to develop.  No one can seriously argue that allowing Oswald to freely interact with the press after his arrest is consistent with a desire to silence him.  It's laughable to turn this on its head.  If there was some type of conspiracy to frame and silence Oswald, they kill him before his arrest or throw him in jail with no access to the press where they find him dead the next day from a suicide.  Case closed.  Instead they parade him around all weekend and allow the press to question him.   Then recruit someone to murder him on national TV who is willing to go to jail for the rest of his life (and who has to be kept silent until he dies).  Ridiculous.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 03:40:29 PM »
Here is what I don't get...We have some far left liberal members here who seem to absolutely despise far right conservative politics and yet these same guys support wholeheartedly the conclusions of the ultra right that Kennedy was killed by a communist...so said the staunchest right winger you could ever know about--Henry M Wade  ??? I just don't get it.
BTW the same Wade as Roe v Wade.

Next it'll be the Klan did it. Or Protestants. Or Northern Irish.

Also BTW LBJ was a 'Democrat' but he was no liberal and neither was his lap dog Jane Edna Hoover :-\

LBJ was liberal, re the Great Society. Hoover wasn't gay or a cross-dresser. And if he was, your constantly bringing it up in such a condescending way is homophobic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:25:04 PM by Jerry Organ »