Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gorilla Lovelady - Roscoe White  (Read 22771 times)

Offline Patrick Jackson

Gorilla Lovelady - Roscoe White
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
Advertisement
Before the Forum was hacked there was a good discussion about Gorilla Lovelady person and famous plaid shirt. Did Billy Nolan Lovelady really had that plaid shirt, is he the person on Altgens 6... Many questions without answers.
In my modest, armchair research I have reached the conclusion that the person seen on Martin/Hughes films, wearing red plaid shirt, later seen in DPD office when LHO was brought in, I think that person was Roscoe White.
Here is the time line:
This person first seen in Bronson film

He is standing here, in this area, in Hughes film

Than I see him in Dorman film

Than in Zapruder walking towards TSBD

He is standing on TSBD steps smoking a cigarette, seen in Martin/Hughes films

Thank he is here in Beers photo

And at 2PM he is in DPD office

Here is Roscoe White and person known as Mark Lanes Lovelady

To me, Gorilla Lovelady is more like Roscoe White than BNL.
I am searching for more images of Gorilla Lovelady.

JFK Assassination Forum

Gorilla Lovelady - Roscoe White
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Re: Gorilla Lovelady - Roscoe White
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:44:20 PM »
Hey, Patrick.  If Chita's cousin was indeed Officer, Roscoe White, he looks as stunned as everyone else.
I highly doubt he would have been involved. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:51:59 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
Hey, Patrick.  If Chita's cousin was indeed Officer, Roscoe White, he looks as stunned as everyone else.
I highly doubt he would have been involved.

Involved in what? In the assassination as he was claiming? I think he had nothing with the assassination, he simply was there and later tried to attract some attention to him, same as his son Ricky White in the 80s.

Roscoe White had a day off on 11/22/63.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »
Why do you think that every person anywhere near the TSBD that day wearing a plaid looking shirt is the same person?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »
Roscoe White had a day off on 11/22/63.

No.

On the day of the assassination, Roscoe White was in training (had yet to even go through the Police Academy) and was assigned to assist members of the Dallas Police Crime Scene Search Section, who were investigating a home burglary in North Dallas.  The assignment took most of the morning and according to John Burton (one of White's training classmates and White's partner that particular morning), would have not allowed White to get to Dealey Plaza in time to take part in the assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »
The figure on the steps in the Hughes film clip was nicknamed Gorilla Man because of his "unique" neck posture.

But others in the same clip had a similar "disorder".

Lovelady's neck posture varied. Subconsciously he may have straightened his overall posture for a formal photograph, and relaxed it for other photos.

Lower-right inset: neck relaxed

Therefore the neck posture is not reason enough to dismiss Lovelady as the man on the steps in the Hughes film clip.

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »
Why do you think that every person anywhere near the TSBD that day wearing a plaid looking shirt is the same person?

Are you saying there were more persons wearing a plaid looking shirts? How many?

Take a better look. It is not plaid shirt only. On all photos beside plaid shirt, there is blue jeans, there is bold spot on the head, figure is similar, head is big, rounded.

When you consider all of that, your question would be: Why do you think that every person anywhere near TSBD that day wearing a plaid looking shirt, blue jeans looking trousers, bold spot looking hair, having round looking head is the same person?
I am sure you will admit your question does not have sense because there was only one person near TSBD wearing a plaid looking shirt. If you wind any other, please post and we will compare.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »
No.

On the day of the assassination, Roscoe White was in training (had yet to even go through the Police Academy) and was assigned to assist members of the Dallas Police Crime Scene Search Section, who were investigating a home burglary in North Dallas.  The assignment took most of the morning and according to John Burton (one of White's training classmates and White's partner that particular morning), would have not allowed White to get to Dealey Plaza in time to take part in the assassination.

Interesting. Do you have any document on this?
If he was on training investigating burglary that would explain his presence in Homicide and Robbery Bureau, office 317 in DPD at 2PM.