Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Capt W R Westbrook-Solo SuperCop  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Capt W R Westbrook-Solo SuperCop
« on: July 16, 2018, 04:35:54 AM »
Advertisement
  The Recollection of Capt W R Westbrook...........................
 This is from my post earlier in the year --

Mr. BALL. Where were you when you heard the President had been shot?
    Mr. WESTBROOK. I was in my office and Mrs. Kinney, one of the dispatchers, came into the office and told us, and of course it's the same as everybody says--we didn't believe it until a second look at her and I realized it was so, and so, there's a little confusion right here because everybody became rather excited right quick, but somebody, and I don't know who it was, came into my office and said they needed some more men at this Texas Depository Building.
    You know, I didn't review my report before I came over here I didn't have a chance. I just came off of vacation and they hit me with this this morning as soon as I got to the office. I can't recall whether or not it was the dispatcher's office, but I think it was--somebody in the dispatcher's office had told us they needed some more men at the Texas Depository Building, so I sent the men that were in my office, which were then Sergeants Stringer and Carver, and possibly Joe Fields and McGee, if they were in there it seems like McGee was, and I think--I sent them to the building, and then I walked on down the hall spreading the word and telling the other people that they needed some men down there, and practically everybody left immediately. I sat around a while really not knowing what to do because of the--almost all of the commanding officers and supervisors were out of the city hall and I finally couldn't stand it any longer, so I started to the Texas Depository Building, and believe it or not, I walked. There wasn't a car available, and so I walked from the city hall to the Depository Building, and I would stop on the way down where there would be a group of people listening to somebody's transistor radio and I would stop and catch a few false reports, you might say, at that time, until I reached the building. After we reached the building, or after I reached the....
    ..[con't] .... so then I went into the building to help start the search and I was on the first floor.

Absurd.
Again there is always an anonymous "somebody told me" in every one of these police statements.
According to the police transcript, his boss [Chief Curry] ordered men not to the book building but to the railroad yards
He sends everybody out of the office not wanting at the time to go with them. Why?
Then he "sat around not knowing what to do."
A police captain didn't know what do?
There was "no car available" to a police captain?
So he goes on a leisurely stroll for one mile  from the DPD station.
President Kennedy has just been shot and he can't commandeer a ride.
He states that "I walked"..."I stopped along the way..."I caught some false reports"...what false reports?..."until I reached the building".

"After we reached the building, or after I reached the..." Oops a slip there?
Westbrook claimed that he "helped start the search".
After a supposed 20-30 minute hike to the TSBD...wasn't there a search already in progress?

Where did Westbrook really go before/when he went to Oak Cliff?
Captain W R Westbrook was lying...plain and simple.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:46:39 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Capt W R Westbrook-Solo SuperCop
« on: July 16, 2018, 04:35:54 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Capt W R Westbrook-Solo SuperCop
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
  The Recollection of Capt W R Westbrook...........................
 This is from my post earlier in the year --

Mr. BALL. Where were you when you heard the President had been shot?
    Mr. WESTBROOK. I was in my office and Mrs. Kinney, one of the dispatchers, came into the office and told us, and of course it's the same as everybody says--we didn't believe it until a second look at her and I realized it was so, and so, there's a little confusion right here because everybody became rather excited right quick, but somebody, and I don't know who it was, came into my office and said they needed some more men at this Texas Depository Building.
    You know, I didn't review my report before I came over here I didn't have a chance. I just came off of vacation and they hit me with this this morning as soon as I got to the office. I can't recall whether or not it was the dispatcher's office, but I think it was--somebody in the dispatcher's office had told us they needed some more men at the Texas Depository Building, so I sent the men that were in my office, which were then Sergeants Stringer and Carver, and possibly Joe Fields and McGee, if they were in there it seems like McGee was, and I think--I sent them to the building, and then I walked on down the hall spreading the word and telling the other people that they needed some men down there, and practically everybody left immediately. I sat around a while really not knowing what to do because of the--almost all of the commanding officers and supervisors were out of the city hall and I finally couldn't stand it any longer, so I started to the Texas Depository Building, and believe it or not, I walked. There wasn't a car available, and so I walked from the city hall to the Depository Building, and I would stop on the way down where there would be a group of people listening to somebody's transistor radio and I would stop and catch a few false reports, you might say, at that time, until I reached the building. After we reached the building, or after I reached the....
    ..[con't] .... so then I went into the building to help start the search and I was on the first floor.

Absurd.
Again there is always an anonymous "somebody told me" in every one of these police statements.
According to the police transcript, his boss [Chief Curry] ordered men not to the book building but to the railroad yards
He sends everybody out of the office not wanting at the time to go with them. Why?
Then he "sat around not knowing what to do."
A police captain didn't know what do?
There was "no car available" to a police captain?
So he goes on a leisurely stroll for one mile  from the DPD station.
President Kennedy has just been shot and he can't commandeer a ride.
He states that "I walked"..."I stopped along the way..."I caught some false reports"...what false reports?..."until I reached the building".

"After we reached the building, or after I reached the..." Oops a slip there?
Westbrook claimed that he "helped start the search".
After a supposed 20-30 minute hike to the TSBD...wasn't there a search already in progress?

Where did Westbrook really go before/when he went to Oak Cliff?

Yes, he was...... There are very few DPD officers who weren't lying....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:42:06 AM »
Bump

I recently ran across this detailed article on SuperCop.....
An outline of Captain Westbrook's actions
Having now introduced you briefly to Captain Westbrook and his function within the
Dallas Police Department, it is time to examine his actions on the day that President Kennedy
was shot. Since he was on what he described as "just my own routine duties" and was
working normal day shift hours from 8.15AM to 5.15PM not in uniform (5) he should really 
 have had nothing whatsoever to do with the presidential visit to the city. Furthermore, he
should have had nothing to do with the events following the shooting. In reality, however, he
probably became part of more different aspects of the immediate search for the assassin and
the arrest of the suspect than any other officer.

"JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE"
The actions of Captain W R Westbrook on the day the President came to town by Ian Griggs
  http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/D%20Disk/Dallas%20Police/Item%2010.pdf

Where are all the stalwart ODIAs defending this attack on the steadfast resolute police work of W R Westbrook? 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:44:10 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:42:06 AM »