Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: My grandmother was in Dallas...  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Kendall Klena

My grandmother was in Dallas...
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
Advertisement
So as the story goes...

My grandmother who suffers from Alzheimer's recently mentioned to my father to get the ?Kennedy photos out of the attic? out of the blue.  It was unknown to any family members that she had taken photo(s) that day but we all knew that she was there on Nov 22, 1963.  It was something that was never discussed in my family, in fact, I?ve never heard her mention it.  My father remembers her coming home that day and never saying another word about it, she was apparently incredibly traumatized and no one knows what she saw.  Apparently she was never interviewed or anything and has never told anyone her story (that I am aware of).

One of the photos is incredibly blurry and can not be made out but my father (who is not very familiar with the assassination) said that it looked like she was in the area when he was shot by looking at the other picture. I was just wondering what the best resource to try to identify my grandmother in would be?  Are there any 40ish year old ladies that have a camera that have not been identified?  Possibly in the area when JFK was shot?

I?m currently not in the state (I go to college out of state) but will be home next weekend and can?t wait to see the photos first hand.  I would appreciate any help you guys can give me as you seem like a pretty educated group on the subject. 

EDIT:  I changed the subject so it?s not misleading.  We know she was there... but beyond that, we shall see.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:48:14 PM by Kendall Klena »

JFK Assassination Forum

My grandmother was in Dallas...
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

Re: My grandmother was in Dallas
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
Sounds a bit like the elusive Babushka Lady.

The Zapruder film showed her standing behind a man and his son, and she's apparently pointing a camera.

Offline Kendall Klena

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
Thanks so much for your response.  Are there any photos showing her face?  The build and scarf around her head (my grandmother was always scared of her hair getting messed up and frequently wore scarfs and plastic rain bonnets.  We always laughed at her for it) looks kind of like her but I can?t be for certain.  My grandmother would have been 43.  Would love some more information. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »
So as the story goes...

My grandmother who suffers from Alzheimer's recently mentioned to my father to get the ?Kennedy photos out of the attic? out of the blue.  It was unknown to any family members that she had taken photo(s) that day but we all knew that she was there on Nov 22, 1963.  It was something that was never discussed in my family, in fact, I?ve never heard her mention it.  My father remembers her coming home that day and never saying another word about it, she was apparently incredibly traumatized and no one knows what she saw.  Apparently she was never interviewed or anything and has never told anyone her story (that I am aware of).

One of the photos is incredibly blurry and can not be made out but my father (who is not very familiar with the assassination) said that it looked like she was in the area when he was shot by looking at the other picture.  I was just wondering what the best resource to try to identify my grandmother in would be?  Are there any 40ish year old ladies that have a camera that have not been identified?  Possibly in the area when JFK was shot?

I?m currently not in the state (I go to college out of state) but will be home next weekend and can?t wait to see the photos first hand.  I would appreciate any help you guys can give me as you seem like a pretty educated group on the subject.

Hey, Kendall ? welcome to the Forum and thx for the compliment for us being a pretty educated group on the subject.
We are ?  some more so than others.  If at all possible can you place whatever photos you do have blurry or not here.

That way we can at least figure out where your grandmother was standing when the pics were taken.  Can you also put up
pics of your grandmother when she was around the age that you mentioned.  That way we might be able to find her
in whatever pics and films we do have..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:12:01 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Kendall Klena

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
Hi Dan, I live out of state for college and won?t be home until next weekend.  I?m not sure how I feel about posting a photo of her yet, I dont want to cause any stress.  As I mentioned she has never been comfortable discussing and is currently suffering from Alzheimer?s.  I?m still trying to figure out how to best handle the situation and I?m honestly still a little blown away...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »

The Babushka Lady only shows up as indistinct or back-on. The scarf is said to show birds. I guess she could be 43.

Identifying the Babushka Lady would be solving the sole-remaining legitimate mystery of the JFK assassination.

Offline Kendall Klena

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »
The dark hair and her figure excites me (and makes me nervous at the same time).  I?m going to see if I can get my dad to send me a copy of the photos on his cell. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »

Offline Kendall Klena

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »
So I?ve just learned they are apparently color slides and not photos.  Does that help narrow it down any?