Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Statements That Sink The WC's Conclusions -- #267  (Read 36 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

• You only receive flak when you are over the target
Statements That Sink The WC's Conclusions -- #267
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:49:27 AM »
📥 "Whether you agree with him or not, researchers such as Rob Caprio for example, took the sensible initiative and saved his own research, and he is now reposting them back on the Forum.
All other members are free to do the same.” –Duncan MacRae

Disclaimer: I will no longer respond to any posts that are off topic and/or meant to derail the issue of the opening post. This should not be taken as me running, but instead seen as me keeping the topic on track.

I have no issue with any WC defender, therefore, I am happy to discuss the case in a manner that uses the actual evidence with them. IF the WC was correct in their final conclusion as they claim then this should be no problem for them.

I will not participate in any personal discussions with them as these are meant to distract and discredit instead of focusing on the JFK assassination. I come here to discuss and learn about the JFK assassination and nothing more.

No more games with the LNers. The LNers have to to discuss the WC's, HSCA's and ARRB's evidence or move along.

One would think IF the assassination occurred as the WC said then the LNers would welcome the opportunity to discuss and refute the posts in this series, but they seem more determined to have the posts stopped. I think that this shows that the WC's version of events is not correct.

The Warren Commission (WC) said Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) acting alone shot and killed President John F. Kennedy all by himself with NO assistance from anyone. As we have seen in numerous posts in this series other people had advanced knowledge of this crime so how can it have happened the way the WC claimed?

We will look at yet another person who had advanced knowledge of JFK’s murder—John Martino.

John Martino claimed to have excellent contacts with the Cuban exile community in Miami, FL. We know the CIA's largest domestic station (JMWAVE) was operated out of Miami as well. On December 2, 1963, Martino was interviewed by the FBI and here  are some highlights from that conversation.

Martino claimed that LHO was in Miami twice, first in October of 1962 and then in March of 1963. Supposedly LHO had tried to sell marijuana in Houston (remember Rose Cheramie’s claim of drugs being sold in Houston) and converting pesos into American dollars. Martino admitted this was NOT first-hand information and would not name his source in the Cuban community so we obviously have no way of knowing if any of this is accurate and true. This all came from what would become Commission Document (CD) 59.

CD 59:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Secret Service (SS) too would talk with Martino on December 10, 1963. One would have to wonder if he had NO validity then why was everyone talking with him? Special Agent (SA) Brooks Elske of the FBI (Birmingham, AL office) had advised Inspector Kelley of the SS that Martino had said that he had proof regarding the funding of LHO activities by Castro. Obviously, this got his attention. His allegation is the same old story of LHO going to Mexico City and then on to Cuba that we heard from Marina Oswald and the WC (albeit their version did not have him making it to Cuba). I won’t repeat it all here, so read this if you are interested.

CD 87:

In CD 662 (FBI memorandum dated 3/5/1964 re: Oswald/Cuba) we see the following comment.

Quote on

When you see Vic Lasky you can tell him the Cubans have been quite restrained about Oswald. They know the circumstances under which Oswald contacted the Cuban G-2 (military intelligence) by telephone from a private house in Miami, but they told the man who had the facts to give it to the FBI and then forget about it. (CD 662, p. 2)

Quote off

This is a first for me as I have never heard of LHO trying to contact the G-2 before. Has anyone read anything about this? It seems Martino was either making this up or had information we have not gotten yet. Unless, of course, someone on this board knows about this and can provide some references.

Martino would also be responsible for starting the false claim of Castro learning of the U.S. government planning to do away with him by assassination and turning around and killing JFK first. He was out to mislead many people with all these false stories involving LHO and Cuba. Since Castro had imprisoned him we can understand why he had NO love for him and would happily make it look like he was behind the murder of JFK. He would admit this tactic of his to John Cummings of the Miami Newsday in 1975. He told Cummings these things for the story.

Quote on

He claimed that two of the gunmen were Cuban exiles. It is believed the two men were Herminio Diaz Garcia and Virgilio Gonzalez. Cummings added: "He told me he'd been part of the assassination of Kennedy. He wasn't in Dallas pulling a trigger, but he was involved. He implied that his role was delivering money, facilitating things.... He asked me not to write it while he was alive."

Quote off

Cummings would then tell researcher Anthony Summers the following for his book The Kennedy Conspiracy.

Quote on

The last time he met reporter Cummings, John Martino made an astonishing claim. "It came out of the blue," Cummings recalled. "John told me he had himself met Oswald several weeks before the assassination, in Miami. He said an FBI agent named Connors asked him to come to a boat docked in Biscayne Bay, and introduced him to Oswald by name. The impression John got was that Oswald didn't know his ass from his elbow, didn't know what he was involved in. He thought the agent wanted him to meet Oswald because John was involved in anti-Communist activity, and Oswald was someone this agent was running."

Quote off

As Summers accurately points out there are documents that list the name “O’Connor” on them and I included one above (CD 59). James O’Connor was contacted by Summers and he said the name of Martino rang a bell, but he could not remember if he was a regular contact or not.

This statement would again place LHO in Miami a few weeks before the assassination and there is no evidence of this if we are discussing the LHO shot in Dallas, TX, on November 24, 1963. But what if he was meeting with another LHO? Or, more to the point, what if he was making this up?

I don’t doubt that Martino had knowledge of the conspiracy in the death of JFK, but what I doubt is the depth of that knowledge. His whole outlook would be tied to Castro and the Cuban point of view, but as anyone knows that has studied this case for any length of time JFK was gotten rid of for more than Cuba.

In 1975 Martino told Fred Claasen that he had been a CIA contract agent  and also these details.

Quote on

The anti-Castro people put Oswald together. Oswald didn’t know who he was working for-he was just ignorant of who was really putting him together. Oswald was to meet his contact at the Texas Theater . They were to meet Oswald in the theater, and get him out of the country, then eliminate him. Oswald made a mistake…There was no way we could get to him. They had Ruby kill him. (Anthony Summers, The Kennedy Conspiracy, pp. 451-452)

Quote off

Martino’s comments seem to fit some of the puzzle as there is no doubt in my mind that LHO was going to the Texas Theater (TT) to meet a contact or handler as there is no other reason to go to a movie theater at that particular time. The idea of getting him out of the country is intriguing, but I think it was more beneficial to have him done in while in the U.S. so the case could be “closed” as killing him outside the country could lead to all other sorts of issues IMO. I am intrigued to about what “mistake” LHO could have made as he was doomed no matter what he did. Who is the “they” he mentions in terms of having Ruby kill LHO?

The most famous quote of all, and one denied by his wife while in front of the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) was the one that said, “They’re going to kill him. There going to kill him when he gets to Texas.” He said this to his wife Robbyn when an announcement came over the radio regarding JFK’s trip to Texas. She would confirm it after his death that he did say this before the assassination.

Again, we see someone with some knowledge of the conspiracy  and again we saw the WC just ignore it. Thus, their conclusion is sunk since they could NOT reach the right conclusion when they ignored other options like this one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:02:18 AM by Rob Caprio »

JFK Assassination Forum

Statements That Sink The WC's Conclusions -- #267
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:49:27 AM »