Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lame LN excuses  (Read 48463 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Lame LN excuses
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2020, 12:33:17 AM »
Advertisement
Any good reason to think that Connally had half his body hanging off the edge of the seat?  Other than that it make things sort of line up?

IMO, Canning's figures were placed a little too far inboard. I would move both a few inches towards their right. The large ovals represent the shoulders, not where the hips were.

I don't see how a bullet emerging from Kennedy's throat would end up between the jump seats. Only in a CT scenario.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2020, 12:33:17 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2020, 12:45:06 AM »
Any good reason to think that Connally had half his body hanging off the edge of the seat?  Other than that it make things sort of line up?

The reason is that he (as he stated) had just turned around to his right in an attempt to see JFK. And had started to turn back the other way. I do something similar every time I turn around to see behind me when I back up in my old pickup truck. And my right shoulder is always near the center of the seat back. Try it for yourself some time.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2020, 02:36:33 AM »

Canning's original version (Z190) for the HSCA

My version using Canning's back-projection unchanged (Z225)

When I replicated Thomas Canning's back-projection to see how it worked out in the Z220s, I simply left the larger inset drawing of the limousine and figures alone. Connally's head should be facing Zapruder in Z225 and his shoulders were facing more forward. Canning had Kennedy's right shoulder flush with the interior of the car, but photographs show his right shoulder extended a bit over the car wall; thus his right torso was against the interior wall.

Famed Massachusetts WC-critic Cutler, an architect and very fine draftsman, produced several books in the 1970s showing line-of-sights on maps and side-views. In 1978, NASA engineer Canning basically used the same method for work done at the request of the HSCA. In 1980, NOVA showed a primitive wire-frame 3D rendering of the two figures with the SBT trajectory. The first 3D solid rendering of the SBT appeared in 1995.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2020, 02:36:33 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2020, 02:58:44 AM »
IMO, Canning's figures were placed a little too far inboard. I would move both a few inches towards their right. The large ovals represent the shoulders, not where the hips were.

I don't see how a bullet emerging from Kennedy's throat would end up between the jump seats. Only in a CT scenario.

You can't eyeball anything and I don't buy your graphics. You need to develop a more sophisticated 3D model and show the trajectory from the 6th floor of the TSBD in and out of JFK and in and out and in and out and into Connally. I'll let you get away with this if you have an exact 3D model to scale and you are very specific re the entrance/exit wounds. Short of that, you are wasting your time.

Note that you (or anyone) can also use the 2 laser challenge for 3 people.

First, line up JFK's surrogate to match the entrance/exit wounds, then remove JFK's surrogate and insert/fit Connally's surrogate into the scene and match up his rib/wrist/thigh relative to the MB trajectory (providing it was a straight line). Take photos of both surrogates and superimpose them into 1 image. Then note the body positions and look to the Z film to find the frame that best fits. Otherwise, a 3D re-enactment is the ONLY exercise that will advance this and it's cheap and easy and anyone can do it.

You expect us to believe that your CAD rendering is accurate and detailed enough to resolve the MB trajectory, which even YOU can't confirm is true. You are living in a 2D world projected from 3D via a physics engine. Lots of potential error with your methods since you are a CAD operator, not a geomaticist that knows how 3D->2D projection works.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:00:57 AM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2020, 04:21:22 AM »
You can't eyeball anything and I don't buy your graphics. You need to develop a more sophisticated 3D model and show the trajectory from the 6th floor of the TSBD in and out of JFK and in and out and in and out and into Connally. I'll let you get away with this if you have an exact 3D model to scale and you are very specific re the entrance/exit wounds. Short of that, you are wasting your time.

Note that you (or anyone) can also use the 2 laser challenge for 3 people.

First, line up JFK's surrogate to match the entrance/exit wounds, then remove JFK's surrogate and insert/fit Connally's surrogate into the scene and match up his rib/wrist/thigh relative to the MB trajectory (providing it was a straight line). Take photos of both surrogates and superimpose them into 1 image. Then note the body positions and look to the Z film to find the frame that best fits. Otherwise, a 3D re-enactment is the ONLY exercise that will advance this and it's cheap and easy and anyone can do it.

Be the first to do all that and post it here.

You expect us to believe that your CAD rendering is accurate and detailed enough to resolve the MB trajectory, which even YOU can't confirm is true. You are living in a 2D world projected from 3D via a physics engine. Lots of potential error with your methods since you are a CAD operator, not a geomaticist that knows how 3D->2D projection works.

The "Render People" 3D model was to show the SBT-angled trajectory through a realistic person in a casual position. The single-bullet trajectory through both men is another matter for another day.

For one lacking in knowledge of 3D modeling and photogrammetry, you really shouldn't be making such offensive comments. It's like a Trump Tweet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:26:33 AM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2020, 04:21:22 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:24 AM »

Hear hear! Thumb1:

Online Vincent Baxter

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2020, 08:45:59 PM »
If the bullet, coming downwards from left of the car, went through Kennedy in a straight line, as depicted in the photo on the top left of your gif, there is IMO no way that it could have struck Connally where he was hit. That bullet path would have resulted in the bullet ending up somewhere between the two jump seats.

So what happened to the bullet? And how come a speeding bullet that would have only slightly been slowed down by travelling through flesh caused no damage to the interior of the car?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2020, 08:45:59 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »

The "Render People" 3D model was to show the SBT-angled trajectory through a realistic person in a casual position. The single-bullet trajectory through both men is another matter for another day.

For one lacking in knowledge of 3D modeling and photogrammetry, you really shouldn't be making such offensive comments. It's like a Trump Tweet.

Sorry, but I've been a photogrammetrist working with digital 3D modeling before you were crapping in your pants (unless you're an old man who has resumed crapping in your pants). For over 30+ years I've developed CAD applications for GIS mapping for Google Maps and I have several apps that currently compete with ArcGIS. Test me if you have doubts. On that note, I think I'm entitled to know what your qualifications are re 3D modeling. Are you an operator or a player?