Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lame LN excuses  (Read 45822 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Lame LN excuses
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2020, 10:40:06 PM »
Advertisement
Way to chime in on a 2-year-old post, Brown!

Iacoletti,

Is that against the rules?

You "chimed in," too, didn't you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2020, 10:40:06 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
Then how do you know where the bullet(s) that wounded Connally originated from?

From the position of the sounds themselves, you don't. At least not exactly. You can still suss out the general direction of the bullet's origin. Then it comes down to how many shooter locations you can find evidence for in that area.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2020, 11:59:07 PM »
bullets often do not travel in a straight line once they've hit something

What does that mean.... "hit something"?

Are you saying that a bullet going through a body without hitting anything other than soft tissue will not travel in a straight line?

Do you really need someone to tell you what "hit something" means? It should be self-evident, as an Illinois rail splitter might say.

What I'm saying is that you can't count on a bullet taking a straight path through a body.  See this:

and this:

for example.

Note that these examples, like yours, are in ideal conditions for a straight-line path: the bullets hit the target normal to the surface and the targets are composed of a homogeneous and monolithic block of material. The structure of the human body is far from being either homogeneous or monolithic, and there's no guarantee the bullet will be travelling normal to the target's surface at impact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2020, 11:59:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2020, 06:49:33 AM »

This is a 3D model from Render People. They claim their models are photorealistic by virtue of a 250-camera scan system. I added a high-poly skeleton scaled to the figure's height.

I had to articulate the skeleton's neck bones above T1 to match the figure's neck posture and orient the skull. All bones are connected to articulation points fixed on the original skeleton model. The SBT missile track entered at the model's C7 level and exited T1 level. It passed the spine without striking it or the first rib, but encountered the T1 vertebra's external process. So on a model that isn't replicating Kennedy's neck posture, the neck transit did come close in some regards to the proposed SBT transit.

BTW, it is possible for the SBT missile track to pass by the skeleton model at C7/T1 without striking any bone; I have seen this on the skeleton model alone.

If the bullet, coming downwards from left of the car, went through Kennedy in a straight line, as depicted in the photo on the top left of your gif, there is IMO no way that it could have struck Connally where he was hit. That bullet path would have resulted in the bullet ending up somewhere between the two jump seats.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »
If the bullet, coming downwards from left of the car, went through Kennedy in a straight line, as depicted in the photo on the top left of your gif, there is IMO no way that it could have struck Connally where he was hit. That bullet path would have resulted in the bullet ending up somewhere between the two jump seats.

These rough sketches show that in order for the bullet to go between the seats, it would require an approx. 30° right-to-left angle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »

These rough sketches show that in order for the bullet to go between the seats, it would require an approx. 30° right-to-left angle.

Depending on the exact position of the car and assuming the jump seats were where the sketches put them.

Having seen the interior of the actual car, I doubt that the sketches are correct.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2020, 11:21:35 PM »
Depending on the exact position of the car and assuming the jump seats were where the sketches put them.

Having seen the interior of the actual car, I doubt that the sketches are correct.

Canning back-project method (5% margin-of-error)
Z225 shown because both men clear of sign; Z223 hit frame?

WCR slope: 17° relative to car rail

12° lateral is what works at the early-Z220s. It's what I used on the 3D model.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2020, 11:21:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2020, 11:44:22 PM »
Any good reason to think that Connally had half his body hanging off the edge of the seat?  Other than that it makes things sort of line up?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:50:08 AM by John Iacoletti »