Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lame LN excuses  (Read 48557 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Lame LN excuses
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 08:45:18 PM »
Agreed the Grassy knoll fence was to the the right behind Newman, but the grassy knoll spread right across the area to the north of the underpass access road.. The grassy knoll wasn't just to the right  of Zapruder, which a lot of LNs believe.

The  conspiracy nutters point to the stockade fence area as the knoll. Having lived in Dallas, I am very familiar with the area of Dealey Plaza. As I pointed out earlier, Newman's reaction that the shots were coming from behind him wasn't the sound of the gunfire, it was the reaction of President Kennedy's body after the fatal shot.  You can hear him saying this during the interview with the Newman family in 2013.   

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:20 AM »

I thought the shot had come from the garden directly behind me, that it was on an elevation from where I was as I was right on the curb. I do not recall looking toward the Texas School Book Depository. I looked back in the vacinity [sic] of the garden.
William Eugene Newman's affidavit

JohnM

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 03:20:53 AM »
He didn't say he heard it from behind though.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 03:20:53 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 08:28:18 PM »
Brennan's first day affidavit of seeing a slender man white with a rifle in the very window where a sniper's nest with shells was found is supported by the Police Broadcast at 12:45 and proves that Brennan saw Oswald.

"slender white man" is proof that he saw Oswald

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

Cool, now you get to explain how he knew it was the same person.

Right back at ya, the conspirators only had one job to and they even stuffed that up!

What conspirators?  You can either prove that the money order found in Virginia was deposited after March 13 or you cannot.

The other two shells were marked and verified.

You mean the other shells that were handed to the police by civilians who couldn't tell if they were the same shells?

Mr. BALL. Did you make a mark?
Mr. POE. I can't swear to it; no, sir.
Mr. BALL. But there is a mark on two of these?
Mr. POE. There is a mark. I believe I put on them, but I couldn't swear to it. I couldn't make them out any more.

So I was accurate then.  Your position is that Poe forgot to mark the shells, because they are not marked.

the brown paper bag must have been accidentally moved and following strict Police procedure wasn't replaced for the photo because that would be naughty.

Or CE142 was not there at all when the SN was discovered...

You rely on a Police report to tell that you that the very same Police discovered bullets on Oswald a couple of hours later, where does that go?

They don't search a suspected double murderer's pockets immediately?  Even by DPD standards, that's incredibly stupid.  Or maybe those bullets were never in his pockets.

On the first weekend she told the FBI that the package was 3 feet long.

Correction:  Bookhout wrote in his report that on the first weekend she told the FBI that the package was 3 feet long.

Really???, the garage was enclosed by slats.

Point out the car on the other side of the slats.

So what?

Essie Mae looked out the same window that Linnie Mae did.

Anyway so far from your compiled list I see the usual misrepresentations, ignorance and lies

On that we agree.  That's why they are lame LN excuses.

which don't seem to lead to any specific conclusion.

The conclusion is that LN-ers will go through all sorts of silly contortions to try to "explain" away conflicting or contradictory evidence.  It's called special pleading.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
No matter which Bill Newman statement you go with, they all result in an LNer conclusion that he was mistaken about the source of the shots, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »
Lame John I. excuses:

1) Everyone lied or planted evidence if it implicates Oswald (repeat in every instance but then deny this is what you are doing).
2) Suggest that every explanation that addresses an insane CTer claim is a "strawman" argument (demonstrating either a traumatic childhood experience with The Wizard of Oz or a way to avoid acknowledging the lunacy of these claims without having to address the substance)
3)  Suggest all evidence is the product of an "opinion, "assumption," or "speculation." Fingerprints, hand writing, document, pictures - any inference drawn from this evidence is merely an opinion.  This limitation does not, however, apparently apply to any nutty counter-alternative to Oswald's guilt no matter how improbable or baseless.  If it is possible, then it can be entertained or implied so long as it lends itself to doubt about Oswald's guilt.