Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lame LN excuses  (Read 48589 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Lame LN excuses
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
Advertisement
If Bill Newman were to walk up to you and slap you on the face and point to you where he thought the shots came from, you'd tell him he is wrong.  That's a typical conspiracy nutter.  If you listen to Bill Newman describe the reason he thought the shot came from the area he referred to as "the garden", it isn't because he thought it sounded like it, it was because of how the president reacted during the fatal shot.  Haven't you seen the Newman family interview with Stephen Fagin at The Sixth Floor Museum in 2013? It was broadcast on C-Span and is available on YouTube.

If Bill Newman were to walk up to you and slap you on the face and point to you where he thought the shots came from, you'd tell him he is wrong.  That's a typical conspiracy nutter.

You clearly just want to hear what your bias tells you, you want to hear.

There is a clear contradiction between what Newman said in his first day affidavit (which is likely why the WC did not call him to testify) and what he said 13 years later as well as in 2013.

The contradiction can be explained by the fact that, as time goes by, people's memory plays tricks on them, whether you like it or not. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »

Online Steve Barber

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
 Thank you, Duncan.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:01 PM »
Note how the angle of looking at the chalk board changes at about 17 secs. so that the curve appears to be more elongated.

It's called editing to suit the point of view of the editor.

As Newman states in the video "I thought the shots came directly from"behind me'". Which he shows  on the  diagram.

The TSBD was not directly behind him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:04:33 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:01 PM »

Online Steve Barber

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »
Note how the angle of looking at the chalk board changes at about 17 secs. so that the curve appears to be more elongated.

It's called editing to suit the point of view of the editor.

As Newman states in the video "I thought the shots came directly from"behind me'". Which he shows  on the  diagram.

The TSBD was not directly behind him.

Where did he draw the lines, Ray?   Those lines are to the LEFT of where he was standing. Not directly behind him, not to his right, but to the LEFT of where he stood that day.  IF you don't want to accept the clip posted by the "editor" watch the actual video on YouTube.  He indicates that the shot sounds emanated from the direction to his left and behind him, which is basically in the direction of the school book depository, no matter how you slice it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:43:58 PM by Steve Barber »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Nobody said the shots came from the "right" behind him. He actually said "I thought the shots came from directly behind me."

You just don't want to believe him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »

Online Steve Barber

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »
Nobody said the shots came from the "right" behind him. He actually said "I thought the shots came from directly behind me."

Where did I use the term "Right behind him"? I never said that.  You are missing the point, completely. I **DO** believe him, it's you who doesn't believe him.  You are trying to change what he says, when you said " Note how the angle of looking at the chalk board changes at about 17 secs. so that the curve appears to be more elongated.

It's called editing to suit the point of view of the editor."

That is why I posted the clip in its entirety because when the camera looks straight at the board he drew the lines on, we can clearly see that he is talking about to his left and behind.   

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

I think people could mean a cone-like area when they say "directly behind". Newman's area behind him was changing because his head was presumably following the limousine as it went pass him.

At about the moment of the head shot, the Moorman photo shows the grassy knoll fence was to Newman's right and the walkway east of the Pergola was behind him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 07:27:16 PM »
Agreed the Grassy knoll fence was to the the right behind Newman, but the grassy knoll spread right across the area to the north of the underpass access road.. The grassy knoll wasn't just to the right  of Zapruder, which a lot of LNs believe.