JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate => JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate => Topic started by: Matt Brooks on August 23, 2026, 01:49:32 AM
-
Good morning, afternoon or evening, lads.
You can call me Matt.
I've been interested in researching the assassination after I was slacking off from math homework one day and decided to watch the video of JFK's assassination. At first, the name 'Zapruder' wasn't familiar to me at all. I honestly assumed it was some obscure film from some weird news station. Obviously, I later learned that wasn't the case.
I wasn't really disgusted or disturbed by the film when I first saw it. What caught my attention was the footage itself. After a while, I kept going back to it, and then I started finding more films: Nix, Muchmore, Martin, Hughes. None of these names meant anything to me at first, but I kept digging.
Then I started finding all the different eyewitness claims and interpretations: people talking about smoke, flashes, wounds, the grassy knoll, and everything else surrounding the assassination. Eventually I got deep enough into it that I even built my own JFK video archive. I had to take it off Google Drive when it went past the 15 GB limit, so now it's hosted on my own machine instead.
More recently, I got my hands on the MPI DVD of the Zapruder film, and it looks fire, frankly. Best R$98,00 i've ever spent.
So what am I actually planning to do?
I'm interested in learning how to enhance and work with frames from the home movies. I think having the best possible copies and frames available is important before we start drawing conclusions from them. A lot of the material is scattered around, and sometimes researchers don't clearly credit where their individual frame images or enlargements came from. On top of that, getting high-quality archival material directly can be expensive.
*cough* Emailing the Sixth Floor Museum and NARA and getting no answer back *cough*
I'm not claiming to have everything figured out. I'm new to this.
What I'd like to do is learn, organize the material I can get access to, improve the quality of frames where possible, and hopefully contribute something useful to the research. I'm interested in the footage first, and the conclusions second.
Someone get me off the Oliver Stone coke, that stuff cannot be good for me.
I'll probably be banned for this post anyway.
-
[...]
You have a typo.
-
fixed the typos, or am i missing something?
-
fixed the typos, or am i missing something?
If you don't think LHO killed JFK all by him widdle self-described self, you're missing a lot.
-
MB-
Welcome aboard.
The Warren Commission fabricated the lone-nut theory (LNT), and concluded the LHO (Oswald) acted alone.
The second official investigation, the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded there was a high probability of a JFK assassination (JFKA) conspiracy.
So, don't be daunted by snotty remarks. There are plenty of smart people on all sides of the JFK.
Draw your own conclusions. They are as good as anyone else's.
Warning: The JFKA can be a time sink.
-
The Warren Commission fabricated the lone-nut theory (LNT) and concluded the Oswald acted alone.
You're full of you-know-what.
The Commission settled on the Lone Gunman Scenario (LGS) based on the evidence.
The second official investigation, the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), concluded there was a high probability of a conspiracy.
You forgot to mention that it based its bogus conclusion on its flawed analysis of a Dictabelt recording and its misidentification of the police motorcycle whose radio's microphone was stuck therein.
That, and the fact that G. Robert Blakey was dead set (pardon the pun) on involving The Mafia in "the hit."
-
dang, this was the first post I ever saw that you didn’t mention them damn russkies, I’m so darned proud of you, sir g.
Dear Mark "The Bláznivý Hipster" Oblazney,
The KGB (today's SVR and FSB) is a world-class humanitarian organization compared to the evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil CIA!
-- Tom
-
Wasn't the motorcycle with the microphone some 100 yards away from the motorcade or something? Or am i wrong?
I hate the CIA but i hate gatekeepers even more, like, everybody's talking about "release the epstein files" or something, but not "release the HD Muchmore, Patsy Paschall, Nix and Dale Carpenter Sr film" Like, why are directors, and industry rats gatekeeping it? Goddamn.
By the way i really wanna restore the DCA film but i don't have 395 bucks to buy the print on ebay and costs for scanning soooo.
-
Good morning, afternoon or evening, lads.
You can call me Matt.
I've been interested in researching the assassination after I was slacking off from math homework one day and decided to watch the video of JFK's assassination. At first, the name 'Zapruder' wasn't familiar to me at all. I honestly assumed it was some obscure film from some weird news station. Obviously, I later learned that wasn't the case.
I wasn't really disgusted or disturbed by the film when I first saw it. What caught my attention was the footage itself. After a while, I kept going back to it, and then I started finding more films: Nix, Muchmore, Martin, Hughes. None of these names meant anything to me at first, but I kept digging.
Then I started finding all the different eyewitness claims and interpretations: people talking about smoke, flashes, wounds, the grassy knoll, and everything else surrounding the assassination. Eventually I got deep enough into it that I even built my own JFK video archive. I had to take it off Google Drive when it went past the 15 GB limit, so now it's hosted on my own machine instead.
More recently, I got my hands on the MPI DVD of the Zapruder film, and it looks fire, frankly. Best R$98,00 i've ever spent.
So what am I actually planning to do?
I'm interested in learning how to enhance and work with frames from the home movies. I think having the best possible copies and frames available is important before we start drawing conclusions from them. A lot of the material is scattered around, and sometimes researchers don't clearly credit where their individual frame images or enlargements came from. On top of that, getting high-quality archival material directly can be expensive.
*cough* Emailing the Sixth Floor Museum and NARA and getting no answer back *cough*
I'm not claiming to have everything figured out. I'm new to this.
What I'd like to do is learn, organize the material I can get access to, improve the quality of frames where possible, and hopefully contribute something useful to the research. I'm interested in the footage first, and the conclusions second.
Someone get me off the Oliver Stone coke, that stuff cannot be good for me.
I'll probably be banned for this post anyway.
For starters, you are wise not to be taken in by Oliver Stone's fictitious version of the assassination. There are over 100 mistakes and outright lies that have been identified in that movie. So many people seem to have gotten most, if not all of their information about the JFKA from that movie. Although it was entertaining, trying to learn about the JFKA by watching that movie would be like studying the Civil War by watching Gone With the Wind.
I would also advise you not to put too much faith in eye and ear witness accounts. Those are notoriously unreliable not just in this case but in any case. Witnesses simply do not perfectly recall events. They tend to get some things right and somethings wrong. The way you tell the difference is by comparing their accounts to the hard, physical evidence to see if it corroborates or refutes a given witness. You can literally find dozens of different versions of the shooting and people tend to put their faith in witnesses who confirm their biases. They believe the witnesses who told a story they want to believe. Witnesses will sharply disagree on important details such as the number of shots, the source of the shots, the spacing of the shots. They will disagree about the sequence of events. There really is only one reliable witness and that is Zapruder's camera. It has perfect recall and tells the same story every time. Unfortunately, it has no sound and the resolution is not great but by looking carefully at enhanced frames there are a lot of excellent clues to help you to figure out what happened.
My last piece of advice is not to believe the hype. There are numerous myths that have grown out of the assassination that have been repeated so many times they have become accepted as facts. Be skeptical about everything you read from both sides of the conspiracy question. There is an old saying that says, "Trust but verify." I would advise, "Don't trust. Just verify". When you read an account of the event or an argument, say to yourself, "That might be right, but it might be wrong". Don't believe anything until you have verified it. There is an old adage that journalism students have been told over the years that says, "If your mother says she loves you, get confirmation.". Don't believe anything just because somebody says something. If you look at the evidence and the arguments objectively but with a healthy dose of skepticism, you should have no trouble figuring out what happened. It's not terribly difficult.
-
I'm basically trying to gather sources to make high definition digital frames of the home movies so that people stop using the J*hn C*stella version of the Zapruder film, that Helicopter :) looks horrendous, like it was done in microsoft paint with a crayon, i recommend the MPI dvd, i wanted to try and also restore the DCA film, because, it might not have earth-shattering evidence, but it has great shots of the motorcade before and after the shooting.
Moral of the story: fcuk NARA, fcuk the owners of the Dale Carpenter Sr film, and especially, fcuk the Associated Press, owners of the Muchmore film, we need those high definition films and gatekeeping it is just making our lives harder.
-
well good luck in your quest. let us know if you’ve cracked the case.
-
I'm basically trying to gather sources to make high definition digital frames of the home movies so that people stop using the J*hn C*stella version of the Zapruder film, that Helicopter :) looks horrendous, like it was done in microsoft paint with a crayon, i recommend the MPI dvd, i wanted to try and also restore the DCA film, because, it might not have earth-shattering evidence, but it has great shots of the motorcade before and after the shooting.
Moral of the story: fcuk NARA, fcuk the owners of the Dale Carpenter Sr film, and especially, fcuk the Associated Press, owners of the Muchmore film, we need those high definition films and gatekeeping it is just making our lives harder.
You might want to know something I have just figured out. Certain words seem to be verbotten on this forum and get auto corrected to something entirely different. As near as I can figure, when you type the word sh*t, it gets converted to Helicopter ;). I don't know why but that's just the way it is.
-
Aeroplane :)
I see. thanks for the heads up.
-
Aeroplane :)
I see. thanks for the heads up.
I agree that the unenhanced Costella frames aren't very clear but they do have value. There are sources that show enhanced frames. One of the best is David Von Pein's website which contains a wide variety of material. One of the best is his examination of the Single Bullet Theory. He presents enlarged and stabilized Zapruder frames at the critical time when the single bullet struck. You might as well know that David, like me, believes that Oswald acted alone, but you can decide for yourself how valid his evidence and beliefs are. As I told you initially, don't accept anybody's arguments at face value. Verify the validity of their arguments and evidence before rendering a judgement.
-
This is a useful version of the Z-film done by Ant Davison:
-
While enhanced versions of the Z-film provide us with lots of clues, viewing a stock version of he film at normal speed does have value as well. If one focuses on JFK and JBC immediately after the emerge from behind the sign, one gets the sense that the reaction by both men to being shot is almost immediate. There is less than a half second between the time JBC emerges and he flips his right arm upward and then twists and dips to his right.