Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History  (Read 27923 times)

Offline Richard Rubio

Re: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »
Advertisement
I forget which thread it was, it was about when G. Edgar Hoover decided he needed to convince the public it was Oswald and that was the 24th of Nov. 1963 I believe.

I saw earlier where Truman seemed to say Oswald did it, already on November 23rd, 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 08:11:40 AM »
Poor Bill -- he keeps trying so hard to bait me into an off-topic religious argument.  I will say though that I'm not at all surprised that he equates his position on the JFK murder to a religion, because that's exactly what it is.

Trying so hard?  LOL

No.

I'm not trying to "bait" you into anything at all.

Also, how exactly does my comment equate my position on the assassination to a religion?  You're going to have to explain that one.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »
That's the problem with you, "Mytton" -- you always think your own guesses are "obvious".  But Chapman has called him "Bueller" more than once.

Says the guy with the urge to reply to anything and everything I say.

'Chapman has called him "Bueller" more than once'
>>>On purpose... and only on his day off

'Says the guy with the urge to reply to anything and everything I say'
>>>Says the guy with 2184 posts who replies to everything every LNer says
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:08:03 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
No doubt.  Faith can be a very powerful influence.

You should know, since all you have is speculation that runs contrary to the facts. It's called 'cognitive dissonance'. Look that up to spare yourself having to wet your pants once again as is, seemingly, the case every time I post opinion and science from anywhere other than the conspiracy-monger fiction section of life.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:18:30 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »
You should know, since all you have is speculation that runs contrary to the facts. It's called 'cognitive dissonance'. Look that up to spare yourself having to wet your pants every time I post opinion and science from anywhere other than the conspiracy-monger fiction section of life.

Remember that John will not even acknowledge that he is a CTer.  He is simply taking issue with any evidence against Oswald by suggesting it is all faked or the product of lies.  LOL. He doesn't have to provide any evidence of this fakery, however, since he is not a CTer.   The circle of lunacy.  A classic example is suggesting there is somehow doubt about Oswald's ownership of the MC rifle.  Imagine all the forge documents, photos, lies, and fakery that would have to have gone on to explain away the evidence that links Oswald to that rifle. But John is not alleging a conspiracy - right?  Just taking issue with the evidence.  We are left to wonder where all this fake evidence derived from if he is not alleging a conspiracy.  Maybe Santa's elves?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
Remember that John will not even acknowledge that he is a CTer.  He is simply taking issue with any evidence against Oswald by suggesting it is all faked or the product of lies.  LOL. He doesn't have to provide any evidence of this fakery, however, since he is not a CTer.   The circle of lunacy.  A classic example is suggesting there is somehow doubt about Oswald's ownership of the MC rifle.  Imagine all the forge documents, photos, lies, and fakery that would have to have gone on to explain away the evidence that links Oswald to that rifle. But John is not alleging a conspiracy - right?  Just taking issue with the evidence.  We are left to wonder where all this fake evidence derived from if he is not alleging a conspiracy.  Maybe Santa's elves?

Appeal to rebellion
http://warp.povusers.org/grrr/conspiracytheories.html

Conspiracy theories in general, and the "n% of people doubt the story" claims in particular, also appeal to a sense of rebellion in people.

As Wikipedia puts it, "a rebellion is, in the most general sense, a refusal to accept authority."

People don't want to be sheep who are patronized by authority and told what they have to do and how they have to think. People usually distrust authorities and many believe that authorities are selfish and abuse people for their own benefit. This is an extremely fertile ground for conspiracy theories.

This is so ingrained in people that a sentence like "the official story" has basically become a synonym for "a coverup/lie". Whenever "the official story" is mentioned, it immediately makes people think that it's some kind of coverup, something not true.

Conspiracy theorists are masters at abusing this psyhcological phenomenon for their advantage. They basically insinuate that "if you believe the official story then you are gullible because you are being lied to". They want to make it feel that doubting the original story is a sign of intelligence and logical thinking. However, believing a conspiracy theory usually shows, quite ironically, a great lack of logical thinking.

This is an actual quote from a JFK assassination conspiracy theory website. It's almost as hilarious as it is contradictory:
"In the end, you have to decide for yourself what to believe. But don't just believe what the U.S. Government tells you!"
(In other words, believe anything you want except the official story!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:50:59 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »
Also, how exactly does my comment equate my position on the assassination to a religion?  You're going to have to explain that one.

A cop said it, you believe it, and that settles it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2018, 05:33:56 PM »
You should know, since all you have is speculation that runs contrary to the facts.

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the arse.  Your entire case relies on speculation and assumptions.

It's called 'cognitive dissonance'. Look that up to spare yourself having to wet your pants once again as is, seemingly, the case every time I post opinion and science from anywhere other than the conspiracy-monger fiction section of life.

I know what cognitive dissonance is.  It's why you call one witness a liar and chide others for daring to suggest that another witness lied.  It's why you think gorillas playing basketball somehow prove that there was a long bag near the window when the "sniper's nest" was first discovered.  Your entire world view depends on being able to lame excuse away blatant inconsistencies in the official narrative.