Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94854 times)

Offline Jim Brazell

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2018, 06:52:59 AM »
Advertisement
Boone said "And at first, not knowing what it was, I thought it was 7.65 Mauser."  He heard someone say "it looks like a 7.65 Mauser." He thought that that someone was Fritz. It was likely Weitzman.

Boone didn't say that it was likely Weitzman..LOL. YOU are saying that...BIG difference.Boone's testimony:

The CHAIRMAN." Sheriff, thank you very much.
Mr. BALL. There is one question. Did you hear anybody refer to this rifle
as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE. Yes, I did. And at first, not knowing what it was, I thought it
was 7.65 Mauser.
Mr. BALL. Who referred to it as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE. I believe Captain Fritz. He had knelt down there to look at it,
and before he removed it, not knowing what it was, he said that is what it looks
like. This is when Lieutenant Day, I believe his name is, the ID man was getting
ready to photograph it.
We were just discussing it back and forth"

When the gun was actually out from between the boxes and the magnifying glass was on it with Fritz standing there...why no ID from Mr.ID, Day ? Goodness!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2018, 06:52:59 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »
In the early late 50's and '60's, Argentina was dumping a lot of model 1891 rifles. These had single-stack magazines that extended below the the forestock to about the bottom of the trigger guard. Pretty much like a Carcano. The next version of the Mauser design --and all subsequent models-- used a two-stack magazine that was contained completely by the forestock. I suspect that Weitzman had run into an Argentine M1891 or two at some point, and mistook the similarly-magazined Carcano for a weapon he was familiar with.

It's frustrating to read that some members still entertain the idea that there was a mauser found in or on the TSBD that day.

There is absolutely no evidence of the rifle that had been carefully hidden beneath boxes of books, was anything other than a mannlicher carcano...

However when the DPD created the fake in stu photo of the rifle I believe they substituted a mauser for creating the photos, because the carcano was no available at the time they created the fake photos ( The carcano was in the FBI lab in Washington DC)

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
It's frustrating to read that some members still entertain the idea that there was a mauser found in or on the TSBD that day.

There is absolutely no evidence of the rifle that had been carefully hidden beneath boxes of books, was anything other than a mannlicher carcano...

However when the DPD created the fake in stu photo of the rifle I believe they substituted a mauser for creating the photos, because the carcano was no available at the time they created the fake photos ( The carcano was in the FBI lab in Washington DC)

Some people can't be dissuaded of their pet fantasy.  Like, for example, those who think the red circles on the TSBD were some sort of signal or warning.  You can't dissuade such kooks of these fantasies with facts or evidence because they would not have reached these conclusions in the first place were they capable of rational thought.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2018, 03:35:44 PM »

Does anyone know if anything in the recently released JFK documents mentions a Mauser, or the rifle that was found?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »
The fabrication that the Mauser was buried under boxes is *your* invention. I have never said and I have never seen any other real CTer say this either.

When you have to lie to make your point all that you have done is shown that you are willing to lie to make your point.

Rob.....Why do you take my post as a personal criticism ?     And what part of my post do you consider to be a lie?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2018, 04:58:21 PM »
Some people can't be dissuaded of their pet fantasy.  Like, for example, those who think the red circles on the TSBD were some sort of signal or warning.  You can't dissuade such kooks of these fantasies with facts or evidence because they would not have reached these conclusions in the first place were they capable of rational thought.

Pssssst....Richie..... There is photographic PROOF that there was seven red rings on the windows of the TSBD at the time of the coup d e'tat....   We can argue about the meaning of those red rings but there's no denying that they were there...and   there is also photographic PROOF that the rifle that was found where it had been carefully hidden beneath heavy boxes of books was the mannlicher carcano.....

Photos  prove that my positions on both issues are valid......

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »
really?
you might have that backwards

who's the press guy in the middle? writing

Unknown who he is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »
Boone didn't say that it was likely Weitzman..LOL. YOU are saying that...BIG difference.Boone's testimony:

The CHAIRMAN." Sheriff, thank you very much.
Mr. BALL. There is one question. Did you hear anybody refer to this rifle
as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE. Yes, I did. And at first, not knowing what it was, I thought it
was 7.65 Mauser.
Mr. BALL. Who referred to it as a Mauser that day?
Mr. BOONE. I believe Captain Fritz. He had knelt down there to look at it,
and before he removed it, not knowing what it was, he said that is what it looks
like. This is when Lieutenant Day, I believe his name is, the ID man was getting
ready to photograph it.
We were just discussing it back and forth"

When the gun was actually out from between the boxes and the magnifying glass was on it with Fritz standing there...why no ID from Mr.ID, Day ? Goodness!

"I believe Captain Fritz" is not the same as "It was Captain Fritz". Not only did Fritz never state on record that the rifle looked like a Mauser, he actually stated under oath that he never thought it was a Mauser. He was sure that he did not ever say that it was a 7.65 Mauser.

Mr. BALL. Was there any conversation you heard that this rifle was a Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. I heard all kinds of reports about that rifle. They called it most everything.
Mr. BALL. Did you hear any conversation right there that day?
Mr. FRITZ. Right at that time?
Mr. BALL. Yes
Mr. FRITZ. I just wouldn't be sure because there were so many people talking at the same time, I might have; I am not sure whether I did or not.
Mr. BALL. Did you think it was a Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. No, sir
; I knew--you can read on the rifle what it was and you could also see on the cartridge what caliber it was.
Mr. BALL. Well, did you ever make any---did you ever say that it was a 7.65 Mauser?
Mr. FRITZ. No, sir; I am sure I did not.