Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 95624 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
Advertisement
Lt Day didn't even relinquish possession of the Mannlicher Carcano when Captain Fritz wanted to see the rifle.   Detective Day had it in his hands at all times before taking it from the TSBD to the evidence locker at DPD headquarters....

And yet you seem to believe that Fritz had the rifle which Seymour Weitzman described in detail as a 7.65 mauser, and Fritz allowed Weitzman to take possession of the rifle.

How does Carl Day having a Carcano in his hands tell you anything about when Weitzman saw a Mauser?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2018, 01:57:13 AM »
There is evidence that a Mauser was found. There is evidence that a rifle was found on the roof, the fifth floor and the sixth floor. Learn the evidence. I am not here to teach you the evidence.

Roger Craig is not needed. This is a trick employed by the LNers.

There is evidence that a Mauser was found.

There isn't a shred of evidence that a mauser was found in or on the TSBD.....

There is evidence that a rifle was found on the roof, the fifth floor and the sixth floor. Learn the evidence.

So now you're proposing that THREE rifles were found in and on the TSBD that afternoon......  Where do you get these crazy ideas?

Roger Craig is not needed.

Then why do you refer to Craig's tale of seeing "7.65 Mauser stamped right there on the barrel" when the Mannlicher Carcano was being examined by Fritz and Day in the TSBD.?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2018, 02:05:08 AM »
How does Carl Day having a Carcano in his hands tell you anything about when Weitzman saw a Mauser?

I donno...You tell me..... It's your idea...Not mine....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2018, 02:05:08 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2018, 02:23:13 AM »
There isn't a shred of evidence that a mauser was found in or on the TSBD.....

Sure there is. Weitzman, Boone, and Craig all said there was.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2018, 02:25:16 AM »
I donno...You tell me..... It's your idea...Not mine....

No, you?re the one who came up with the silly ?Weitzman was shown a Mauser later in the police station? idea.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2018, 02:25:16 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
Sure there is. Weitzman, Boone, and Craig all said there was.

So if someone said they saw a flying saucer above the Lincoln in Dealey Plaza at the time of the coup d e'tat ...then that would be evidence that there was a flying saucer  there at the time??

A rational person would dismiss  Weitzman. Boone and Craig claim of seeing a Mauser recovered from beneath the boxes of books as mistaken identification......   

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »
So if someone said they saw a flying saucer above the Lincoln in Dealey Plaza at the time of the coup d e'tat ...then that would be evidence that there was a flying saucer  there at the time??

Yes -- just not very compelling evidence.  If three people said it then it might have more credence.  But eyewitness testimony in general is unreliable.

A rational person would dismiss  Weitzman. Boone and Craig claim of seeing a Mauser recovered from beneath the boxes of books as mistaken identification......

Stop equating "rational" with your own speculations.  You're no better than "Mytton" and "Smith".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2018, 03:57:24 PM »
A simple search of Weitzman's WC testimony confirms that he was talking about the rifle found on 11.22 when he referenced the Mauser in the FBI report:

Mr. BALL - I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. WEITZMAN - I said it was a Mauser-type action, didn't I?
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.