Author Topic: Ruth Paine  (Read 19758 times)

Offline Anthony Marsh

Re: Ruth Paine
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I actually came across this topic in a music thread. For some reason Stephen King came up and his book on the subject was talked about. There was one kook on the site who brought up the filing cabinet issue ( says it was mentioned in  JFK and the Unspeakable ) and of course this was a sign to him that there was a conspiracy.  He has now moved on to proving the single bullet fact is impossible and he is actually using the Bob Harris video to prove it..Couldn't believe it.

Thank you LNs for clearing this up. I didn't know much about this. Thank you kooks for trying to make it seem sinister and getting totally destroyed by LNers who spent a few minutes looking into it. I always enjoy when that happens..

FYI, Newbie, Harris believes in the SBT.
Go peddle your trash somewhere else.

Offline David Von Pein

• THE ASSASSINATION OF JOHN F. KENNEDY: A LONE-GUNMAN VIEWPOINT
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »
Quote from: Vern Saylor
There is no question that the cabinets were found at the Paines house, why wouldn't the DPD, FBI and WC make more of an effort to link them to LHO, esp. after LHO was murdered?

That's not a bad question. And I'll admit I don't know the answer to it. But let me add these observations (FWIW):

Along similar lines to what Vern Saylor mentioned above, we know that the Dallas Police, on either November 22 or 23, found among Lee Oswald's possessions a "large box" containing "a great amount of Communist literature" (Jesse Curry's words; see video below).

The reporter's question regarding the "large box" and Chief Curry's answer make it sound as though the large box was recovered from Oswald's room on North Beckley in Oak Cliff, and I suppose that could be correct based on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login recovered from LHO's roominghouse. Curry talks about this box of Communist literature during one of his many televised in-the-hallway press gatherings on Saturday, November 23. Go to 3:25 in this video:

Now, since the above video exists and can never be "swept under the rug" (so to speak), it seems fairly obvious that a "large box" of Communist-related material was indeed confiscated that belonged to the DPD's murder suspect Lee Harvey Oswald. But when looking through Chief Curry's Warren Commission testimony, I can't find a single reference to this large box of Communist literature anywhere. And I couldn't find reference to it in Captain Will Fritz' testimony either.

And wouldn't such a "find" be worthy of mentioning, similar in nature to the "find" of the metal file cabinets (if the cabinets had belonged to Oswald, that is)? After all, Chief Curry certainly wasn't shy about revealing that information about the big box of Communist stuff to the anxious press waiting in the DPD corridors the day after the assassination. So Curry and the DPD certainly weren't "covering up" anything in relation to those materials as of 11/23/63. Are we supposed to believe they started "covering up" stuff like that at some later date (after receiving some memo from "high up")?

So there could possibly be a parallel between the "large box" that Curry spoke of and the "metal file cabinets" which were (apparently) never heard from again either. As to why these materials were never discussed again in various officers' Warren Commission testimony, I haven't the foggiest.

But I also found it interesting to note that the word "Cuba" isn't uttered even ONE time during Jesse Curry's lengthy WC session. And the "Fair Play For Cuba Committee" isn't mentioned once either. And there's certainly no "cover-up" with respect to Oswald's known and established involvement with the FPCC. It was common knowledge that Oswald was affiliated with the FPCC, and the Warren Commission certainly didn't try to hide this fact in the finished Warren Report. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login the FPCC is mentioned in the WCR (dozens of times). So Oswald's attachment to "red" causes and to pro-Castro organizations like the FPCC is well-documented in the Warren Report itself.

I would, however, like to know where the metal file cabinets went. And is the metal box I mentioned previously (CE125) part of the "six or seven" cabinets/boxes that were seized by the police at the Paine house? And are the five "metal" boxes referred to in Detective Richard Stovall's WC testimony the same as the metal cabinets described by Buddy Walthers? I just do not know. But I do think that at least ONE of those metal file boxes belonged to Lee Oswald, based on the quote I mentioned earlier from Walthers' WC session (where Walthers quotes Michael Paine). Granted, that's just one short blurb in one officer's testimony. But it's a revealing blurb, in my opinion.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the video clip above featuring Curry talking about the "large box" of Communist stuff they found among Oswald's possessions that I can't recall ever being mentioned again. (But I could be wrong about that. Maybe it was mentioned by other police officers in their WC testimony. A more detailed search of the testimony might reveal some answers.)

Footnote---

I found this excerpt from Henry Wade's Warren Commission testimony kind of interesting, so I'm throwing it in as a bonus:

J. LEE RANKIN -- "Did you say anything about whether you had evidence to support such a complaint of a conspiracy?"

HENRY WADE -- "Mr. Rankin, I don't know what evidence we have, we had at that time and actually don't know yet what all the evidence was. I never did see, I was told they had a lot of Fair Play for Cuba propaganda or correspondence on Oswald, and letters from the Communist Party, and it was probably exaggerated to me. I was told this. I have never seen any of that personally. Never saw any of it that night. But whether he was a Communist or whether he wasn't, had nothing to do with solving the problem at hand, the filing of the charge."

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:59:43 AM
by David Von Pein
»

Offline Herbert Blenner

• Peeking into the World of H. D. Blenner
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:20 AM »
Quote from: Brian Walker
Did Ruth Paine have six or seven metal filing cabinets full of letters, maps, records and index cards with names of pro-Castro sympathizers as has been claimed? Does anyone know anything about this?

It's very likely just another one of the dozens of myths that conspiracy theorists love to tout as true about the JFK case.

And let's stop and think about this for a moment from the POV of the CTers who think Ruth Paine was a "CIA agent" who was attempting to manipulate and frame Lee Oswald for Kennedy's murder in 1963:

In such a circumstance, with Ruth being a "CIA" employee involved in a lot of underhanded shenanigans, would it make any sense for Ruth to keep on her property (or, in general, traceable back to her) six or seven filing cabinets filled with stuff that could only make the authorities (and the conspiracy theorists) suspicious about what she was up to? IMO, the whole thing is just silly to begin with.

And were the six or seven filing cabinets supposedly stored in this small garage of hers in Irving (pictured below)? Or were the cabinets kept by Ruth at her secret "CIA BatCave" somewhere else? Or did Ruth only start amassing her files on pro-Castro people AFTER she supposedly helped frame Lee Harvey Oswald for JFK's murder? ~shrug~

Connecting the metal file cabinets to a CIA activity is your straw. Neither the OP nor subsequent posters mentioned the CIA until you injected the issue. Now donít try to justify your poisoning the waters by claiming that somebody somewhere else linked the cabinets to the CIA.  

Herbert
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:25:00 AM
by Herbert Blenner
»

Offline Vern Saylor

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »
David,

Thank you so much for your post.  The information you provided is very interesting and telling.  Along with the video you provided of Jesse Curry, I would like to remind you of another video of Jesse Curry in which he speaks to the fact that the DPD had been instructed to send any and all evidence to the FBI. IMHO, Curry does not look very happy about having to do this.

At the end of the day, I am of the opinion, that it would have been interesting if LHO had been able to go to trail. Keep in mind, people who were questioned by the WC  were never cross examined by defense lawyers. Since this thread is centered on Ruth Paine, let's use her as the example. I just think she would have been a very interesting witness.

The bonus post was very tellng as wel. Add Henry Wade's comments to Capt. Fritz "This case is cynched" shows that in the minds of the DPD and FBI, LHO was "their man" and I feel that a full, proper investigation was never going to happen.

Thanks again.

Offline Larry Baldwin

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »

Is it a "Don't ask questions that you do not want the answers to" mentality that serves the LN?

Was it not an LN who started this thread, posed these questions?

Only  a CT would be able to see things so backwards.

Jim H

I was generalizing.  Now shoo
:rofl: :rofl: :reyes:

You kind of picked the wrong thread to make that particular..."generalization".

But,

So was I,

My generalization was correct,

yours, way off.

:stumped:
Jim H

Edit: Here an LN brings up a question (essentially doing the CTs' work for him) raising the question of some missing boxes, etc.

Then you ask

" Is it a "Don't ask questions that you do not want the answers to" mentality that serves the LN? "

Silly CT,
Jim H

Quite frankly your opinion on my post doesn't mean diddly-squat! Now shoo! 

Offline Larry Baldwin

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »

Is it a "Don't ask questions that you do not want the answers to" mentality that serves the LN?

Was it not an LN who started this thread, posed these questions?

Only  a CT would be able to see things so backwards.

Jim H

I was generalizing.  Now shoo
:rofl: :rofl: :reyes:

You kind of picked the wrong thread to make that particular..."generalization".

But,

So was I,

My generalization was correct,

yours, way off.

:stumped:
Jim H

Edit: Here an LN brings up a question (essentially doing the CTs' work for him) raising the question of some missing boxes, etc.

Then you ask

" Is it a "Don't ask questions that you do not want the answers to" mentality that serves the LN? "

Silly CT,
Jim H

Quite frankly your opinion on my post doesn't mean diddly-squat! Now shoo!  

Nice counter argument.  :scratch:

Don't ask questions YOU do not want answered.

My "opinion" is that you embarrassed yourself with that completely misplaced remark,

and now resort to the all to familiar "Diddly-squats and shoos" to try and hide your embarrassment.

You can "Diddly-squat and shoo" all you like but the inherent fallacy of your inferential question is blatant and obvious.

You are not going to be able to hide behind insults this time. :hiding:

While pushing your agenda here, be aware this "gnat" is not going to "shoo"  

You are stuck with me.

Until you get hurt feelings and quit, again. :running_away:

Silly CT
Jim H

Dude, how old are you?  Grow up.  I have no intention in entering into any further dialogue with a fool such as yourself.  I am sure that a last word addict like yourself will respond with more lame observations.  When you do, just refer back to this post as my reply!

Offline Gary Craig

• "The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Quote from: Larry Baldwin
I didn't catch your post until after I posted.  Congrats for actually providing some opinion.  One question, where are the rest of the metal boxes?

I have no idea. Do you?

They were found by the Sheriff Dept. and turned over to the DPD.

The DPD then, assuming, turned them over to the FBI when they gave them the evidence they had collected.

What reason would the FBI have to make those file cabinets disappear?

If the accused JFK assassin, LHO, was an FBI informant and those files were proof of that.

Better the files disappear than embarrass JEH and the FBI.

-------------------------

A Sheriff Dept. informant confirmed LHO was at a house in Dallas used by a Pro-Cuban organization.

Sheriff Deputy Walthers report states the files appear to contain the names and activities of Pro-Cuban Sympathizers.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:20:05 PM
by Gary Craig
»