Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: John Liggett and Jay Bert Peck  (Read 9670 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

John Liggett and Jay Bert Peck
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Advertisement
 John Liggett had the reputation of being one of the best embalmers in reconstructing the faces of those who had suffered serious damage before they died, gunshots etc Lois Liggett felt her Husband, John Liggett, was involved in doing something with JFK's body It was also reported that Liggett seems to have come into a lot of money after the assassination

Jay Bert Peck, was LBJ cousin, and supposedly looked and sounded a lot like LBJ Much was made that Jay Bert Peck stood in for LBJ during an event Nov 21 while LBJ was supposedly at the Murchison get together J. Bert Peck?s known role as an ?LBJ Stand-in,? appeared in the People section of Time magazine, in the edition dated August 2, 1968,.(a similar article appeared in Newsweek three days later):

Jay Bert Peck was found shot on the evening of Friday, July 4, 1969, and died the next day. According to his obituary in the Garland Texas News on Sunday, July 6, 1969, he had achieved considerable fame, having appeared on the Johnny Carson television show as well as the movie referenced above. More details on Peck's murder seem hard to come by

On March 27 John Liggett is arrested for the attempted murder of Jay Bert Peck's wife, Dorothy, who later dies from her injuries

Yes it is circumstantial but seems unlikely to be pure coincidence

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/no_author/lbjs-look-alike-cousin/

http://dperry1943.com/liggett.html

JFK Assassination Forum

John Liggett and Jay Bert Peck
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

Re: John Liggett and Jay Bert Peck
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
 Here is a quote of another JFK forum It seems on this forum many of the links people have left do not appear in the archives fror some reason Just wondering if anyone knows of the photograph that is being described?

Here?s that photo taken at the Carousel. From left to right: Susanne Liggett (wife of Malcolm), Malcolm Liggett (brother of John), Jack Ruby, unidentified person, Iris Campbell who was later to become a friend of Lois and her daughter Debra Godwin.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
Here is a quote of another JFK forum It seems on this forum many of the links people have left do not appear in the archives fror some reason Just wondering if anyone knows of the photograph that is being described?

Here?s that photo taken at the Carousel. From left to right: Susanne Liggett (wife of Malcolm), Malcolm Liggett (brother of John), Jack Ruby, unidentified person, Iris Campbell who was later to become a friend of Lois and her daughter Debra Godwin.
I found that the funeral John Liggett allegedly attended circa Nov. 22 and
was called away from was his wife Lois's aunt's funeral.

My experience was there was little to no interest in this topic. J Bert Peck's wife Dorothy Day Peck did survive Liggett's alleged assault/arson attack in her apartment.

Dorothy Day Peck's mother's SS app:

Dorothy's mother and aunt were Winfreys, their uncle, HC Winfrey was a friend and co-accused of Dallas underworld investigation target John Stone. Dorothy's aunt was spouse of :

Waggoner and his brother were major investors in Dallas horse racing until
it was outlawed. Gambler HC Winfrey missed a flight to Las Vegas chartered
by Waggoner, according to an FBI report, but Winfrey was the uncle of
Waggoner's wife.

Victor H Perry, who inherited the TSBD business from his father, about 1927, listed
his occupation on 1930 US census, as "promoter horse racing". He incorporated with Cason and Campbell in the TSBD before his death about 1939.:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=127594415

The question is why did much younger Dorothy Day marry J Bert Peck? This question
drove my efforts to find out more about Peck's young wife Dorothy and her family.

Dorothy's grandmother had at least one interesting pallbearer, but it could be
because Dorothy's late grandfather had been DPD commissioner early in the
20th century.

Dorothy's brother was employed as McGraw Hill book sales rep. dealing with
TSBD. He was killed in a convertible car rollover in July, 1959.

His successor advised his priest that he attended a party hosted by TSBD president Jack Cason at which he witnessed Mrs. Cason saying someone should shoot JFK.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:27:17 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:30:06 PM »
News report of John Liggett's death:

The 1972 arson murders crimes were never solved.:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:39:43 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
I located a yearbook picture of Malcom Liggett's wife, Suzanne LaPaugh Liggett, at Binghamton University ( Harper College). Library staff would not send me a picture of the yearbook photo. Here is the photo you mentioned... on the left are Susanne and Malcolm Liggett, it is alleged.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3UTg4x8LzLE/WUK3glwBShI/AAAAAAAA9Zg/f9mZzU2bXi8dEURvOj-Oasa0fZNVVXy-gCLcBGAs/s1600/Carousel%2Bphoto.jpg

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:18:10 AM »
Tom, as you may recall, I was and still am, very interested in this topic. I was hoping you would be able to restore the funeral notices that you posted before the crash. The funeral notice for Alene Miller was, absolutely, for 2PM on Nov. 22.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
 Thanks Michael and Tom

The Aileen Miller information is very helpful since I had seen statements that Ligett had been called away from something, but that story adds credibility that he was called away for something urgent that day

I am not sure I get the Wgggoner connection other than his wife was Dorothy Pecks Sister?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:02:51 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 02:44:20 AM »
This is a tangled web of information that is very interesting to say the least. It sounds like LBJ's cousin, Peck might have been a little to free with his talk and that could have cost him his life. LBJ was said to have left a trail of bodies including his sister by way of Malcolm Wallace . Liggett still leaves me in a fog of how he got caught up in the happenings around the JFK assassination. I'm going to dive into the information you guys have put out there . Thanks Tom , Michael and Matt.