Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The shot sequence, bang......bang......bang?  (Read 42251 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: The shot sequence, bang......bang......bang?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:23 AM »
Advertisement

5+ seconds is the correct time to use. The idea there was an early missed shot is unsupported complete nonsense. JFK reacted to the first shot which is exactly what the eyewitnesses stated happened. An early missed shot is nothing more than an attempt to try to explain away the 2.3 second cycle time of LHO's carcano.

CTers expound the 5 second scenario to argue the shots were impossible (they still would not be).

The Zapruder film does not prove the shots were all over 5 seconds, 6 seconds, 9 seconds or 14 seconds. So to prove the shots are impossible, one would have to prove they are impossible over a period of time of 5 seconds, 6 seconds, 9 seconds or 14 seconds. Although I would be satisfied if it could be showed they were impossible over a 9 second interval.

The best support for the 5 seconds scenario is to assume that the same set of witnesses who were wrong about the limousine stopping or almost stopping, were not wrong about the shots covering a span of about 5 seconds.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:23 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
CTers expound the 5 second scenario to argue the shots were impossible (they still would not be).

The Zapruder film does not prove the shots were all over 5 seconds, 6 seconds, 9 seconds or 14 seconds. So to prove the shots are impossible, one would have to prove they are impossible over a period of time of 5 seconds, 6 seconds, 9 seconds or 14 seconds. Although I would be satisfied if it could be showed they were impossible over a 9 second interval.

The best support for the 5 seconds scenario is to assume that the same set of witnesses who were wrong about the limousine stopping or almost stopping, were not wrong about the shots covering a span of about 5 seconds.

Is the Z film authentic?

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »
Just visit youtube to see how fast a Carcano can be fired.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »

John...I own many Mannlicher Carcanos.....  Don't believe what you see on youtube.   Any rifle can be modified and customized to enhance the performance....And film speed can be controlled...

The standard carcano is  very awkward and hard to fire rapidly.....  There are good videos on youtube of average people with no ulterior motive firing carcanos.....  Watch them and learn. 

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
Limp wristed amateurs may struggle yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »
Limp wristed amateurs may struggle yes.

Do you believe that Lee Oswald was a professional?   

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 03:07:37 PM »

Attempting to dismiss the eyewitness statements to promote an oddball understanding of the shot sequence seems pointless. It would be akin to someone being unable to recount a 5 second event that just occurred. With this form of reasoning nothing anyone ever says can be taken to be true. The first shot struck JFK.   The time frame is approximately 5 seconds nothing more.  Bronson and Zapruder films thow the location of the eyewitnesses standing grouped in a line along the street. They state where the location of the first shot occurred.

There is no reason to guess, the location of the first shot can be located with the statements of the eyewitnesses. The Chisms said it happened right before JFK reached them, Jean Newman said it happened right after it had passed her, and Calavary, Hicks, and Westbrook stated it happened in front of them.  Mary Woodward stated the first shot did not happen until JFK turned to face forward after he had passed them, which doesn't occur until after Z204. 

John Chism :  "And just as he got just about in front of me, he turned and waved at the crowd on this side of the street, the right side; at this point I heard what sounded like one shot,"

Jean Newman : "The motorcade had just passed me when I heard that I thought was a firecracker at first, and the President had just passed me, because after he had just passed, there was a loud report"

The TSBD Secretaries

Gloria Calvery : "The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was Standing when I heard the first shot."

Karan Hicks : "The car he was in was almost directly in front Of whero I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gunshot"

Karen Westbrook :  "The car he was in was almost directly  in front of where I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gun shot ."

=====================================================

Woodward said the earsplitting noise happened after JFK turned forward and not before.  JFK does not turn forward until Z204+

Mary Woodward
"After acknowledging our cheers, he [JFK] faced forward again and suddenly there was a horrible, ear-splitting noise coming from behind us and a little to the right."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 03:07:37 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »

The FBI determined the cycle time of LHO?s carcano to be 2.3 seconds. All carcano?s are not the same. They were repaired using mismatched parts for the sole reason of being functional not a finely tuned hunting rifle. The rifles were properly head spaced and the bolt repaired to eject and nothing more. People on youtube should stop embarrassing themselves. As an example, the tests supposedly performed during the HSCA investigation used a substitute rifle and determine the cycle time to be 1.6 seconds. An improperly matched bolt and receiver causes the bolt to bind up upon firing due to the expansion of the receiver and bolt from the heat. LHO?s rifle would be unique unto itself as to how well it functioned.