Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Prayer Woman  (Read 539612 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Prayer Woman
« Reply #1536 on: March 10, 2019, 12:08:57 AM »
Advertisement
Friends, the above has been niggling away at me the past few days...  :-\

Now!

Mr B. Kamp has just come up with some new treasures from his archival dig, and my eye was caught by this report on the HSCA's May 1978 interview of W. P. Gannaway:

Just suppose for a moment that someone in DPD did know about Mr Oswald's background and took steps to 'cover' him the day of the motorcade.

This might have entailed approaching his boss Mr Truly ahead of 11/22 and informing him, 'One of our men will be checking in on this Oswald fellow shortly before the motorcade. Can you appoint a place etc...'

Worth at least a thought, no?

Thumb1:

It certainly seems quite bizarre----quite random-----that the Warren Commission, just on the eve of the Report's submission, would expressly ask Mr Truly and Officer Baker to make an explicit statement each to the effect that Mr Oswald was the only person in the lunchroom!

This from Mr Truly:

That's quite a lot of apparently unnecessary protesting going on there, ladies and gentlemen of the jury!

Now of course this may simply be more CYA for the front entrance encounter between Mr Oswald and Officer Baker, which happened in a crowded area (and was-----oops!-------described to the press by DPD on 11/22).

But... I can't help but wonder whether something else might not be behind this, something that happened before the motorcade--and was witnessed by other employees?

:o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:34:23 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1536 on: March 10, 2019, 12:08:57 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1537 on: March 10, 2019, 12:19:49 AM »
       Time Lining Any Eyewitness movements via the Wiegman Film is a Mistake. The Wiegman Film was cavalierly accepted by Old Guard JFK Assassination Researchers for 40+ years as having been filmed Continuously. Of course, this Continuous stuff is Total Baloney. You mention Wiegman, "WALK down towards the Newmans". The figure ID'd as Wiegman coming down the knoll on the Couch Film is Sprinting not walking. Wiegman claims: (1) he got out of his Camera Car Before the Kill Shot was fired, and (2) "felt Compression on my FACE" from the 3rd shot. If Wiegman jumped out of that car at the corner of Houston & Elm and Oswald was firing that Kill Shot shot from the TSBD 6th Floor downward toward the Stemmons Sign area, just how is Wiegman physically feeling the effect of that shot?. The only logical explanation for Wiegman feeling "compression" would be due to a shot being fired from a Lower Elevation than the TSBD 6th floor.

The only logical explanation for Wiegman feeling "compression" would be due to a shot being fired from a Lower Elevation than the TSBD 6th floor.

Not only a lower elevation.....If Wiegman felt the concussion on his face then the weapon was in front of him....

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1538 on: March 10, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »
It certainly seems quite bizarre----quite random-----that the Warren Commission, just on the eve of the Report's submission, would expressly ask Mr Truly and Officer Baker to make an explicit statement each to the effect that Mr Oswald was the only person in the lunchroom!

This from Mr Truly:

That's quite a lot of apparently unnecessary protesting going on there, ladies and gentlemen of the jury!

Now of course this may simply be more CYA for the front entrance encounter between Mr Oswald and Officer Baker, which happened in a crowded area (and was-----oops!-------described to the press by DPD on 11/22).

But... I can't help but wonder whether something else might not be behind this, something that happened before the motorcade--and was witnessed by other employees?

:o

If there is anything to this, then my money would be on Mrs Reid as one of those employees.

It might help explain this bizarre exchange during her testimony:

Mr. DULLES. Yes. Attorney General Carr, do you have any questions?
Mr. CARR. Mrs. Reid, have you had occasion to visit with any of Oswald's relatives, his wife or mother?
Mrs. REID. No.
Mr. CARR. Have they been in there since that date to look over the premises?
Mrs. REID. His mother has been but I didn't see her. She didn't go any further than the first floor I understand, but I have never seen her other than these pictures.
Mr. DULLES. Is it usual for the employees of the depository to have friends visit them during office hours or would that be an unusual practice?
Mrs. REID. No; that would not be unusual. Family or somebody wanted to drop by to see you they never have objected to that.
Mr. BELIN. I think the record should show we are offering in evidence this morning, Mr. Dulles, Commission Exhibit 507 which is the diagram of the seventh floor which Officer Baker testified to.
Mr. DULLES. You want that admitted now?
Mr. BELIN. We want that admitted now.
Mr. DULLES. No objection. It will be admitted.
(The diagram referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 507 for identification and received in evidence.)
Mr. BELIN. I think those are all the questions we have of Mrs. Reid.

Why was Mr Carr's line of questioning closed down?

Had Mrs Reid, under a pang of conscience, made an approach at some point to one of the Mrs Oswald's??

:-\

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1538 on: March 10, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »

Offline Dale Nason

« Reply #1539 on: March 10, 2019, 07:05:52 PM »
Does seem a little strange. The line of questioning was cut off. Wonder why?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1540 on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »
Does seem a little strange. The line of questioning was cut off. Wonder why?

Thumb1:

What had Mr Carr heard that made him ask such a leftfield question of Mrs Reid?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1540 on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #1541 on: March 10, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »
Zeon,

http://content.invisioncic.com/r16296/post-5057-0-39721100-1438148486_thumb.jpg

The arrow on the right is pointing to Roy Truly, the arrow on the left is pointing to a man some researchers and students used to believe was Truly until I discovered the real-deal Truly on the right.

I believe that is Ochus Campbell standing in front of him (i.e., in front of real-deal Roy Truly, on the right).

Are we "on the same page" regarding Campbell?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

YES!! :) Thats man on the Elm st. curb. Dark hat, dark suit. To his immediate left is presumablly Mrs Reid, an older (50+yrs) woman with the white scarf.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:29:14 PM by Zeon Mason »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #1542 on: March 10, 2019, 08:26:59 PM »
       Time Lining Any Eyewitness movements via the Wiegman Film is a Mistake. The Wiegman Film was cavalierly accepted by Old Guard JFK Assassination Researchers for 40+ years as having been filmed Continuously. Of course, this Continuous stuff is Total Baloney. You mention Wiegman, "WALK down towards the Newmans". The figure ID'd as Wiegman coming down the knoll on the Couch Film is Sprinting not walking. Wiegman claims: (1) he got out of his Camera Car Before the Kill Shot was fired, and (2) "felt Compression on my FACE" from the 3rd shot. If Wiegman jumped out of that car at the corner of Houston & Elm and Oswald was firing that Kill Shot shot from the TSBD 6th Floor downward toward the Stemmons Sign area, just how is Wiegman physically feeling the effect of that shot?. The only logical explanation for Wiegman feeling "compression" would be due to a shot being fired from a Lower Elevation than the TSBD 6th floor.

Thats a very interesting detail. It is  more verification of this time line of Weigman film running as he stepped off car, which is at the 15 sec mark in HIS film, is therefore reasonable plausible to conclude that at least he has heard A SHOT at that point, which is at least the 3rd shot heard. So if his camera is finally stopped after filming the Hesters at the Pergola structure, at 30 sec mark in his film,thats actually therefore 15 sec post last shot he "heard'.

There could have been a 4th shot, as Amos Euins heard, which is the one  Wiegman heard AS he was running towards the GK, and its that shot that caused the concussion force, on Wiegmans face, now FACING the GK, as he is running towards it.

The only other explanation would be a false association of perhaps a wind gust of 20-25mph hour which was occuring at random intervals that day, that struck Weigman, much the same as Baker says a gust almost made him lose control of his bike trying to turn it at only 7-10mph.

Either way though, Weigmans timeline is therefore stopping his camera finally at about 15 seconds from having jumped from his car, and hearing a shot, and this is when Couch also sees a rifle in the window, and his car only 60 ft from turning on Elm st. How does it take Couch 25 seconds more to respond, when his WC testimony implies he immediatley reached for his camera upon seeing the rilfle, and made a quick adjustment and then started filming. That does not take 25 seconds.

Plus, the car that Couch was in, along with Dillard and Jackson, was traveling approximately 15mph and if 60 ft to go to turn on Elm st as Couch said, since 15mph = 20 ft/sec approx, it would of only been about 3  seconds later, maybe 5 seconds tops, when the car has turned on Elm.

And how does it take Baker 24 seconds to travel 80 ft if he has increased speed up to 30 mph to get to the Elm st curb where he parks his bike. that would have only taken another 3 to 5 seconds also. What did Baker do upon stopping his bike? Sit on it for another 20 seconds or more? Had not Baker already made up his mind that the shots came from the roof of the TSBD when he saw the pigeons fly, and that was the REASON to have reved up the bike and accellerate to TSBD ASAP?? So why would Baker sit on his motorycle for another 20 seconds?

This is why I think the Couch film actually was started as early as 6 sec post Malcolm Couch seeing the rifle withdrawn, and starts just WHEN the car reaches and turns on Elm st, which would have only taken 3 to 5 seconds to travel that 60 ft distance at 15mph.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:39:06 PM by Zeon Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1542 on: March 10, 2019, 08:26:59 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #1543 on: March 11, 2019, 09:30:20 AM »
Yeah, but since Oswald shot Kennedy, what is all this argle-bargle for?