Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Joseph Milteer/You Ain’t Heard Him  (Read 71 times)

Online Jeff Shaw

Joseph Milteer/You Ain’t Heard Him
« on: May 22, 2024, 05:00:17 PM »
Advertisement
Several years back I contracted a third party to get me a copy of the Milteer/Sommerset recording from the National Archives. It was accompanied by a transcript taken down by someone from the Miami PD, along with a warning that the audio was “not of broadcast quality.”

I gave it a listen on my cassette recorder and followed along with the transcript, noting some errors/omissions in the dictation, though nothing of any consequence.

At some point I did a side-by-side comparison of the alleged Milteer tape from Nigel Turner’s The Men Who Killed Kennedy series. I quickly discovered Turner had pulled a bait and switch on his audience. The Milteer tape Turner claims is “….heard here for the first time….” is an obvious re-enactment. On the original, there are background noises ( for example a screen door slamming as Milteer(?) enters Sommerset’s kitchen, and later the sound of sirens.)

Now, this is not to say Turner was up to anything nefarious as the voice actors took great care in recreating the original verbatim, while capturing the tone as well. Here again, nothing sinister, just misleading. For those thinking they have heard the original, you were duped.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 05:03:43 PM by Jeff Shaw »

JFK Assassination Forum

Joseph Milteer/You Ain’t Heard Him
« on: May 22, 2024, 05:00:17 PM »