Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Mitch Todd

Author Topic: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17  (Read 10223 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2024, 09:35:36 PM »
Advertisement
Bill-
It's hopeless.  That is why I no longer respond to our resident contrarian.  Every interaction goes down the same rabbit hole.  An amazing pattern repeated on every thread on this forum.  Here he has taken issue with why Oswald would "end up on a go nowhere suburban street" if he were fleeing from the assassination.  A false and misleading premise, but we are left in a sense of wonderment as to how the contrarian would answer his own question when Oswald he was supposed to be at his place of employment at this time.  What would Oswald be doing if he had just assassinated the president and was on the run is obvious.  Trying to escape.  What do we know about his circumstances?  We know that he didn't own or have access to a car.  We know that he did ride the bus.  We know that he had a bus transfer in his pocket.  We know that he must have been familiar with the local bus routes as his primary means of transportation.  We know that he had recently taken a bus to Mexico City and was familiar with the drill.  None of that matters to the flat Earthers who suggest that no conclusion can ever be reached that they don't want to accept absent a time machine or Ouija board.  Any manner of reasoned logic supported by the facts and evidence is rejected for that reason without providing any alternative explanation.  It is a tortured exercise to suggest doubt by any means.  No effort to shed light on what happened or even attempt to explain the consequences of their own objections having validity. The discussion stops and ends with taking issue as to the evidence of Oswald's guilt.

That is why I no longer respond to our resident contrarian.  Every interaction goes down the same rabbit hole.  An amazing pattern repeated on every thread on this forum.

I am sure it must be frustrating for you that not everybody swallows the BS you constantly are coming up with. Perhaps it would help if you substituted, once in a while, your wild unsubstantiated claims with actual facts and conclusive evindence.
It's typical that you keep on doing the same thing (i.e. making claims you can't back up with evidence) and still expect a different outcome.

Here he has taken issue with why Oswald would "end up on a go nowhere suburban street" if he were fleeing from the assassination.  A false and misleading premise,

There is nothing false or misleading about it. It's just one more basic question you can't answer.

What would Oswald be doing if he had just assassinated the president and was on the run is obvious.  Trying to escape.

The most significant word in this sentence is "if"...

But I agree, if Oswald killed the President it's obvious that he would try to escape. What is less obvious is what he was doing on a go nowhere suburban street when he had all sorts of other options available to him.

We know that he had a bus transfer in his pocket.

Really? We know this? All I know is that the DPD claimed to have found a transfer on Oswald after searching him several times and finding nothing.

It is a tortured exercise to suggest doubt by any means.

How is it a tortured exercise to present conclusive evidence to back up your outlandisch claims and dispel the justifiable doubt?

Btw, it's kind of funny that you reply to my comments by pretending not to reply to them and talk to Bill Brown instead..... Actually, it's hilarious! But nice try  Thumb1:

You may well be gullible enough to be convinced by the flimsy evidence against Oswald but that doesn't automatically mean that you are right. But you actually do believe that you are 100% right about everything and all the time....  :D

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 06:42:21 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2024, 09:35:36 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2024, 03:18:34 AM »
The only theory I ever read to try to explain why Oswald was going SE was that Patton st leads to the Marsalles Zoo, and that Oswald was intending to hide out at the Zoo and then jump on board at night on an empty box car on the railroad that passes nearby the Zoo.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2024, 09:38:41 PM »
The only theory I ever read to try to explain why Oswald was going SE was that Patton st leads to the Marsalles Zoo, and that Oswald was intending to hide out at the Zoo and then jump on board at night on an empty box car on the railroad that passes nearby the Zoo.

Hi Zeon.  Obviously there is no way to know what that wretched waif was thinking.  One thing is for sure, though.  He was making his way (whether purposeful or not) in the general direction of the bus stop at Jefferson and Marsalis.  He had a transfer for that bus which was good until 1:15.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2024, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2024, 09:45:41 PM »
Bill-
It's hopeless.  That is why I no longer respond to our resident contrarian.  Every interaction goes down the same rabbit hole.  An amazing pattern repeated on every thread on this forum.  Here he has taken issue with why Oswald would "end up on a go nowhere suburban street" if he were fleeing from the assassination.  A false and misleading premise, but we are left in a sense of wonderment as to how the contrarian would answer his own question when Oswald he was supposed to be at his place of employment at this time.  What would Oswald be doing if he had just assassinated the president and was on the run is obvious.  Trying to escape.  What do we know about his circumstances?  We know that he didn't own or have access to a car.  We know that he did ride the bus.  We know that he had a bus transfer in his pocket.  We know that he must have been familiar with the local bus routes as his primary means of transportation.  We know that he had recently taken a bus to Mexico City and was familiar with the drill.  None of that matters to the flat Earthers who suggest that no conclusion can ever be reached that they don't want to accept absent a time machine or Ouija board.  Any manner of reasoned logic supported by the facts and evidence is rejected for that reason without providing any alternative explanation.  It is a tortured exercise to suggest doubt by any means.  No effort to shed light on what happened or even attempt to explain the consequences of their own objections having validity. The discussion stops and ends with taking issue as to the evidence of Oswald's guilt.

Fair points, Richard.  In addition to that, this particular conspiracy advocate has misrepresented my position time and time again.  He's doing it in this very thread.  Once they begin doing that, I lose interest in discussing anything with them.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2024, 12:15:45 AM »
Hi Zeon.  Obviously there is no way to know what that wretched waif was thinking.  One thing is for sure, though.  He was making his way (whether purposeful or not) in the general direction of the bus stop at Jefferson and Marsalis.  He had a transfer for that bus which was good until 1:15.

One thing is for sure, though.  He was making his way (whether purposeful or not) in the general direction of the bus stop at Jefferson and Marsalis.  He had a transfer for that bus which was good until 1:15.

How is that something you think is "for sure"?

If he was there at all, how is walking east on 10th street the same as walking "in the general direction of the bus stop at Jefferson and Marsalis".

Instead of making meaningless statements, why don't you try, for once, to say something that's actually based on real facts rather than your usual speculation?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2024, 12:15:45 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2024, 12:27:57 AM »
Fair points, Richard.  In addition to that, this particular conspiracy advocate has misrepresented my position time and time again.  He's doing it in this very thread.  Once they begin doing that, I lose interest in discussing anything with them.

In addition to that, this particular conspiracy advocate has misrepresented my position time and time again.  He's doing it in this very thread.

And yet, when asked to explain in detail what that so-called misrepresentation is, you never answer.... Go figure!

Btw, can you please point to any of my posts in which I have actually advocated a conspiracy of any kind?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 12:29:45 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2024, 12:31:29 AM »
I still think the main problem is the insistence on keeping the Mcwatters bus ride part of the WC theory valid.

Imo that’s in serious question because of Bledsoe on the bus , claiming to have seen a hole  in the sleeve of a brown shirt Oswald was not wearing until AFTER he left the boarding house.

Are we CTs mistaken that Oswald was Wearing the reddish brown shirt at the TSBD and did not change out of that shirt to the other brown shirt with hole in sleeve until after he got to his boarding room?

And Mcwatters did not.actually ID Oswald imo.

The bus transfer ticket had no prints of either Oswald or Mcwatters on it which it should have had especially being paper. Given the pressure the FBI and Fritz were under from LBJ to make sure Oswald was their man, it’s not that unreasonable to suggest the transfer ticket may have been embellishment”.

So why not  just discard this part of the WC theory of Oswald as “unconfirmed” and just go with the more substantial witness Whaley the Taxi driver and his manifest which had Oswald entering his cab somewhere  between 12:30 and not later than 12:45?

In that scenario, Oswald had left TSBD by 3 minutes post shots ( presuming DPD officer Barnett locked the doors as he claimed ) and then 7 minutes later after traveling the 7 blocks to go directly to the taxi , Oswald could easily have entered Whaleys taxi as early as 12:40. That makes then easy for Oswald to have been at 10th and Patton by 1:07-1:08 and then all witness clocks and estimates match up and the 1:15 DOA document makes sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2024, 12:31:29 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2024, 02:36:25 PM »
I still think the main problem is the insistence on keeping the Mcwatters bus ride part of the WC theory valid.

Imo that’s in serious question because of Bledsoe on the bus , claiming to have seen a hole  in the sleeve of a brown shirt Oswald was not wearing until AFTER he left the boarding house.

Are we CTs mistaken that Oswald was Wearing the reddish brown shirt at the TSBD and did not change out of that shirt to the other brown shirt with hole in sleeve until after he got to his boarding room?

And Mcwatters did not.actually ID Oswald imo.

The bus transfer ticket had no prints of either Oswald or Mcwatters on it which it should have had especially being paper. Given the pressure the FBI and Fritz were under from LBJ to make sure Oswald was their man, it’s not that unreasonable to suggest the transfer ticket may have been embellishment”.

So why not  just discard this part of the WC theory of Oswald as “unconfirmed” and just go with the more substantial witness Whaley the Taxi driver and his manifest which had Oswald entering his cab somewhere  between 12:30 and not later than 12:45?

In that scenario, Oswald had left TSBD by 3 minutes post shots ( presuming DPD officer Barnett locked the doors as he claimed ) and then 7 minutes later after traveling the 7 blocks to go directly to the taxi , Oswald could easily have entered Whaleys taxi as early as 12:40. That makes then easy for Oswald to have been at 10th and Patton by 1:07-1:08 and then all witness clocks and estimates match up and the 1:15 DOA document makes sense.

Why would anyone fake Oswald's presence on the bus?  Think of the effort and risk to do so.  The fantasy conspirators would have to figure out which bus was in the vicinity.  Convince the passengers to either confirm Oswald's presence or at least not deny that he got on the bus.  They would have to somehow get a bus transfer from the driver.  They would then have to make sure Oswald was not in the presence of anyone else during this timeframe.  So many variables to handle on the fly in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.  And for what purpose?  The bus takes him nowhere.  He gets off and takes a cab.  It's ridiculous to suggest the bus to nowhere was the product of any conspiracy plan.  In a plan, everything has purpose.  You don't stage things to unnecessarily complicate what is already a complex and risky operation for no apparent reason.