Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Vicki Adams: The Lost Interview  (Read 34022 times)

Offline Michael Capasse

Re: Vicki Adams: The Lost Interview
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 04:31:51 PM »
Advertisement
Whatever she had said to Belin almost 3 years before, she has a very different attitude about on tape.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 04:31:51 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 05:57:05 PM »
Whatever she had said to Belin almost 3 years before, she has a very different attitude about on tape.

That’s probably due to Mark Lane’s influence.

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 08:06:03 PM »
Oswald gets to the 2nd floor after 48 sec.  He stops.  What to do next? 
Should he continue down to the first floor? 
Should he go to the first floor via the front stairs? 
Should he lay low in the lunch room? 
His jacket is in the Domino Room.
Uh Oh -- He hears Adams & Styles klomping down the stairs in a real hurry on a mission.
Best to visit the coke machine & hope that whoever it is goes clean past.
They pass. He comes back out. What to do next?
He can't decide.  He will be less conspicuous if he takes the front stairs, but he would then have to walk back into & throo the storage area to get his jacket in the Domino Room.
He decides to continue down the back stairs.
He makes a start but then Truly hollers up the elevator shaft, so he goes back up.
Then he hears Baker & Truly galloping up the stairs, & he retreats to the coke machine a second time.
He walks slow & cool. 
He would have been better off diving into the lunchroom in a hurry, & laying low, he knows there is no-one in there, but he knows that if seen rushing (by Truly & Co) it will be a sure sign that he is guilty of something.
He nearly makes it, another couple of slow steps & he will be out of sight.
But damn, Baker spots a bit of him throo the glass of the door & says to come back.
Truly says that Oswald works here, & Baker & Truly gallop off.
Oswald gets a coke to look less guilty & more cool if confronted again.  And assassinations go better with coke.
The back stairs are now dangerous.  He heads for the front stairs, either forgetting about his jacket or deciding that his jacket is a dead duck.
But just in case more dumb cops are entering along the corridor he goes via the office.
Damn, he meets Jeraldean Reid as she returns to her desk.  She says something as they pass & he mumbles something back.  Its not a good look.  He has no business in the office, unless wanting change for the coke machine. Its not even a short cut to the stairs. Damn.  Anyhow no big deal.
He goes down the front stairs & mixes with the growing throng in the lobby near the front door without raising any suspicion.
Someone asks him about a phone.
Ok, things aint so bad, praps he can take a chance & get his jacket from the Domino Room anyhow.
Hmmm – he can get his jacket by going out the front door & down the steps & around & entering via the Houston dock (like he does each morning), & walking 13 paces to the jacket. 
Getting caught walking in shouldn’t result in getting bitten by a cop.
So, off he goes, but he gets a little ways up Houston & he sees Officer Barnett on sentry duty at the dock, & Barnett looks vicious.
So, a quick U-turn & back down Houston.  Buell Frazier sees him walking south along Houston.
No, the jacket is a dead duck.  He decides to get out of there asap, he crosses Houston & then crosses Elm.
Tippit is waiting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 08:06:03 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2024, 08:50:25 AM »

Thanks Tim, that was an interesting interview and finally puts to sleep the fact that Vickie saw Lovelady by the elevators on her way out.

Since the dawn of JFKA conspiracy, the CT's have been saying that Vickie's testimony about seeing Lovelady on the first floor must have been changed because she says she "immediately" left the windows of the 4th floor and didn't see Oswald, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. I remember when you first produced this testimony mentioning Lovelady with Vickie's correction on the same page, and as one, the CT's cried foul!

Miss ADAMS - A tree. and we heard a shot, and it was a pause, and then a second shot, and then a third shot.
It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than from the left above. Possibly because of the report. And after the third shot, following that, the third shot, I went to the back of the building down the back stairs, and encountered Bill Shelley and Bill Lovelady on the first floor on the way out to the Houston Street dock.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/adams_v.htm

Now from Vickie's own sweet innocent voice, she repeats again that she saw Lovelady by the first floor elevator.

We know from both Lovelady and Shelley that they took some time before they re-entered the building and both Baker and Truly don't recall seeing Vickie coming down the stairs, so the only conclusion is that Oswald came down before Vickie left the 4th floor window and Oswald was in time to see Truly and Baker on the 2nd floor! After all, Vickie had a terrific vantage point to check out the "action", and after hearing the shots, racing out into the open doesn't sound like great idea.

It's also worth noting that after hours of interrogation Oswald slipped up and says he came downstairs.

Mr. HOLMES. He said, as I remember, actually, in answer to questions there, he mentioned that when lunchtime came, one of the Negro employees asked him if. he would like to sit and each lunch with him, and he said, "Yes, but I can't go right now." He said, "You go and take the elevator on down." No, he said, "You go ahead, but send the elevator back up."
He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him.
You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation. So I didn't interrupt too much, but he said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about."
And he wouldn't tell what happened then.

Btw Mark Lane sounds like a manipulative Scumbag, who clearly had Vickie under his control and when the Lovelady bit came up, the interview was quickly ended, no doubt Lane knew how devastating this was to the timing of Vickie's actual journey.

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:38:11 AM by John Mytton »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 10:07:12 AM »
I think the most interesting thing that is heard in the 1966 interview with Victoria Adams is when she talks about the three mistakes that were made by the Warren Commission during the time she was providing her testimony to the Commission in April of 1964. And the three errors that Adams mentions are things that are completely innocuous and relatively unimportant in nature, with none of the three items dealing with any substantive matters at all.

And yet, to hear many conspiracy theorists tell it, Victoria Adams was one of the many witnesses who has said she had key portions of her published testimony "altered" or "changed" by the Warren Commission.

But if that had truly been the case, then why on Earth wouldn't she have said something to Mark Lane and Mort Sahl about that very important fact during her fairly lengthy 1966 interview when she starts talking about the various things that the Commission got wrong in her published testimony?

But instead of raking the Commission over hot coals for "altering" or "eliminating" some of the things she had actually said during her testimony, she didn't say a single word in her 1966 interview about the Warren Commission altering anything that anyone could possibly consider to be of great value or substance whatsoever. She talked only about three very unimportant things that the Commission stenographer got wrong, which are things that I would classify as merely "typos" and nothing more than that.

After hearing Vickie Adams' total silence in 1966 when it comes to certain parts of her WC testimony allegedly being "altered" before it was publicly published (relating specifically to Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady), it makes me wonder if that rarely-heard 1966 interview with Victoria Adams has inadvertently debunked (at least in part) yet another conspiracy-flavored myth that has endured for decades. That being: the "Altered Testimony" myth (at least with respect to Vickie Adams' testimony specifically, at any rate).

And we must keep in mind when listening to Adams speak in this interview that she most certainly doesn't come across as a fan or a supporter of the Warren Commission in any way whatsoever.

Therefore, I think it's also quite obvious that her complete silence about any alleged "Shelley/Lovelady alterations" during this interview was not brought about as a result of Miss Adams being frightened of what might happen to her if she dared speak out in a negative manner about Earl Warren's Commission.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:09:38 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 10:07:12 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 12:55:31 PM »
I think the most interesting thing that is heard in the 1966 interview with Victoria Adams is when she talks about the three mistakes that were made by the Warren Commission during the time she was providing her testimony to the Commission in April of 1964. And the three errors that Adams mentions are things that are completely innocuous and relatively unimportant in nature, with none of the three items dealing with any substantive matters at all.

And yet, to hear many conspiracy theorists tell it, Victoria Adams was one of the many witnesses who has said she had key portions of her published testimony "altered" or "changed" by the Warren Commission.

But if that had truly been the case, then why on Earth wouldn't she have said something to Mark Lane and Mort Sahl about that very important fact during her fairly lengthy 1966 interview when she starts talking about the various things that the Commission got wrong in her published testimony?

But instead of raking the Commission over hot coals for "altering" or "eliminating" some of the things she had actually said during her testimony, she didn't say a single word in her 1966 interview about the Warren Commission altering anything that anyone could possibly consider to be of great value or substance whatsoever. She talked only about three very unimportant things that the Commission stenographer got wrong, which are things that I would classify as merely "typos" and nothing more than that.

After hearing Vickie Adams' total silence in 1966 when it comes to certain parts of her WC testimony allegedly being "altered" before it was publicly published (relating specifically to Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady), it makes me wonder if that rarely-heard 1966 interview with Victoria Adams has inadvertently debunked (at least in part) yet another conspiracy-flavored myth that has endured for decades. That being: the "Altered Testimony" myth (at least with respect to Vickie Adams' testimony specifically, at any rate).

And we must keep in mind when listening to Adams speak in this interview that she most certainly doesn't come across as a fan or a supporter of the Warren Commission in any way whatsoever.

Therefore, I think it's also quite obvious that her complete silence about any alleged "Shelley/Lovelady alterations" during this interview was not brought about as a result of Miss Adams being frightened of what might happen to her if she dared speak out in a negative manner about Earl Warren's Commission.

Yes, and, if I remember correctly, Vicky said in this interview that she originally waived reading and signing-off on her testimony. However, sometime afterwards they came to her and asked her to read the transcript of her testimony and to sign-off on it. I believe that she said (in the interview) that the minor corrections were made by her and she signed-off on her testimony. So why would she sign-off on the testimony if it contained any other errors?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 01:25:40 PM »
Thanks Tim, that was an interesting interview and finally puts to sleep the fact that Vickie saw Lovelady by the elevators on her way out.

Since the dawn of JFKA conspiracy, the CT's have been saying that Vickie's testimony about seeing Lovelady on the first floor must have been changed because she says she "immediately" left the windows of the 4th floor and didn't see Oswald, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. I remember when you first produced this testimony mentioning Lovelady with Vickie's correction on the same page, and as one, the CT's cried foul!

Miss ADAMS - A tree. and we heard a shot, and it was a pause, and then a second shot, and then a third shot.
It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than from the left above. Possibly because of the report. And after the third shot, following that, the third shot, I went to the back of the building down the back stairs, and encountered Bill Shelley and Bill Lovelady on the first floor on the way out to the Houston Street dock.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/adams_v.htm

Now from Vickie's own sweet innocent voice, she repeats again that she saw Lovelady by the first floor elevator.

We know from both Lovelady and Shelley that they took some time before they re-entered the building and both Baker and Truly don't recall seeing Vickie coming down the stairs, so the only conclusion is that Oswald came down before Vickie left the 4th floor window and Oswald was in time to see Truly and Baker on the 2nd floor! After all, Vickie had a terrific vantage point to check out the "action", and after hearing the shots, racing out into the open doesn't sound like great idea.

It's also worth noting that after hours of interrogation Oswald slipped up and says he came downstairs.

Mr. HOLMES. He said, as I remember, actually, in answer to questions there, he mentioned that when lunchtime came, one of the Negro employees asked him if. he would like to sit and each lunch with him, and he said, "Yes, but I can't go right now." He said, "You go and take the elevator on down." No, he said, "You go ahead, but send the elevator back up."
He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him.
You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation. So I didn't interrupt too much, but he said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about."
And he wouldn't tell what happened then.

Btw Mark Lane sounds like a manipulative Scumbag, who clearly had Vickie under his control and when the Lovelady bit came up, the interview was quickly ended, no doubt Lane knew how devastating this was to the timing of Vickie's actual journey.

JohnM

After all, Vickie had a terrific vantage point to check out the "action"

Absolutely, and, if you think about it a little bit, she must have seen the people running back toward the railroad tracks in order to know that that is where she was headed when she left the window. And it had to take a certain amount of time for the people who did run back there to get to and past Elm Street in front of the TSBD. In other words, Vicky’s time to leave the window and descend the stairs shouldn’t start immediately after the shots. There must have been a period of time that she stayed at the window and observed what was happening below.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 01:25:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2024, 02:10:28 PM »
And once again we have a witness who, according to the LNs, can be mistaken about the moment she left the window (when she clearly states she left immediately after the last shot and is backed up by Dorothy Garner), but she can't be mistaken about when exactly she did see Lovelady and Shelley.

Too bad that Belin didn't take her up on her offer of using a stopwatch to time her actual movements. He must have had his reasons for leaving here, as the only one, out of the reconstructions.