Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roger Craig  (Read 17010 times)

Online Jim Hawthorn

Re: Roger Craig
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2024, 05:27:25 PM »
Advertisement
Weitzman calling it a Mauser also didn't help matters:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2024, 05:27:25 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2024, 05:34:31 PM »
Don't forget that there was this interview with Craig (March 1968 - L.A. Free Press), where he says that they found a Mauser on the roof.

FP: Did you handle that rifle?

RC: Yes, I did, I couldn't give its name because I don't know foreign rifles, I know it was foreign made, and you loaded it downward into a built-in clip. The ID man took it and ejected one live round from it. The scope was facing north, the bolt facing upwards and the trigger south. But there was another rifle, a Mauser, found up on the roof of the depository that afternoon.

FP: A Mauser of the roof? Who found it?

PJ: I don't know who found it, but I do know that a police officer verified its existence. Captain Glen King, the Public Relations Officer for the Dallas Police Department, told a reporter that "The Mauser found on the roof of the Depository was a bit of momentary confusion." He stated that the rifle was dropped by a security officer.

Craig apparently later changed his mind (He was confused? He wanted more attention?) and said that a Mauser was found on the 6th floor. A totally unreliable witness.

" L.A. Free Press". Really?  It was regarded as being "underground" and they embraced that reputation. Not a legit "News" source. On top of that, WHERE is the Byline? Total garbage, throw-away publication.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:38:18 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2024, 07:23:52 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 07:25:22 PM by Jim Hawthorn »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2024, 07:23:52 PM »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2024, 10:49:20 PM »
Perhaps it's a piece of rust or it's a photographic anomaly? It's definitely not the head of a screw.

Not a screw because there is no recess for a screwdriver. It's a perfectly circular dome shape, like dome topped nail:

A home repair job to secure a loose rear bracket?

Offline Fergus O'brien

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2024, 06:19:07 PM »
it was only what he had thought to be the case . he was wrong , and penn jones corrected him on that . it was a simple matter basically of him pretty much hearing a rifle had been found on the roof , but he never ever saw such a rifle nor did he claim he saw it . it an error based on something incorrect that he had heard , jones pointed that out , you can see that if you read the full interview .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2024, 06:19:07 PM »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2024, 07:30:51 PM »
The butt plate of C2766, as seen at the National Archives. Rust is visible, and what appears to be a minuscule crater, likely caused by corrosion.

It can't be a crater. The shadow reveals that it is/was a dome shape.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2024, 11:16:45 PM »

i just wanted to return to comments directed at me in this thread , where i said that there were photos at the least taken at different times that tragic friday and later . i said photos taken at later times and recreation photos , i said not one word about faking of any photo or film . it is truly quite extraordinary how a person such as my self can write PHOTOS TAKEN AT DIFFERENT TIMES THAT DAY and perhaps on different days there after and LN morph that into FAKED PHOTO AND FILM .let me show here what my original comment was speaking of . i will use an online article also to highlight what i was talking about . i should note of course it is not my article .

"Notice the far window in the two exhibits (above) and the Studebaker photo (right). Notice that it is completely black, showing absolutely no detail. Compare that with the other window, which clearly shows a daylight scene showing the crowd and traffic in front of the County Records Building.

Keep in mind that these photos were allegedly taken at approximately 1:00 PM on the afternoon of the assassination. How can you have possibly have a daylight scene in one window, while the other window shows darkness consistent with midnight rather than mid-day??? We should be able to see the north face of the light colored County Records Building through that window. I believe these photos were taken at a later time, and that they were altered to hide the fact they were taken during the night. The daylight scene we see through the near window was added to the photos to make it appear that they were taken in the afternoon.

The photo on the left shows the same area taken from the opposite direction. Notice the corner of the near window (white rectangle). It shows the same absolute blackness as the other photos. I include this to dispel any notion that the extreme darkness seen through the window was caused by a shadow on the north face of the Records building. The photo on the right was taken by a newsman on the afternoon of the assassination, and shows just how much sunlight filtered through those windows. "

now here are the photos in question

There are more indications that Dallas Police Department's sniper's nest photos were not taken the afternoon of the assassination. Notice the object on the window ledge in the photo top right (see circle). This appears in several of the photos taken by newsmen that afternoon after Day & Studebaker took their evidence photos. Closer examination of these photos reveal that the item is a hammer.

Lieutenant Day told the Warren Commission that they took several reconstruction photos on Monday, November 25th. Among the photos, were Commission Exhibits 733 and 734:

Although Day told the Commission that one photograph was taken Monday morning (CE 727). But these two photos were obviously not taken in the morning, for once again we see the black of night through the window. Here's another photo taken at that session:

NOTE THE DARKNESS OUTSIDE THE WINDOW ? , NOTE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS OF THE BOXES AT THE WINDOW ? . so i said photos were taken at different times and days , i used the wording reconstruction photos . i was completely correct in saying this . AT NO POINT DID I EVER SAY PHOTOS AND FILM WERE FAKE .my thanks to the original author for the above segments of the article and the photos provided .
None of this addresses my point about the Alyea film. It was broadcast by WFAA midafternoon on the 22nd, and is shows a Carcano, no doubt about it.

As for the photos with apparent dark-window anomalies, this affect can be caused by bright flash and/or fill lighting during exposure. It can also be caused be contrast adjustment during development using magenta filters, which increase contrast in B&W film.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2024, 11:16:45 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2024, 11:51:58 PM »
"It's "MADE ITALY" rather than "MADE IN ITALY." And these words are in tiny blued-metal-on-blued-metal letters. They aren't the exactly the easiest things to read, even in good light. I'm not sure why you think Weitzman would have been able to read them."

i appreciate the above photo is enlarged (my thanks again to the original author / content provider , i will provide a link ) but even so even with some glare from a light source the MADE ITALY is readable .

here is a link to the original content that the photo came from
http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/c2766.html
This is from CE 541. You can see the whole set here:

https://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_541.pdf

It's not uncommon to apply contrast enhancers to engraved metal to bring out detail. Talc, finely ground chalk, common white glue, and light colored tempera paint --among other agents-- are brushed into the depressions left by the engravings, then any covering the rest of the service is wiped off. This makes it much easier to read, interpret and photograph the engravings. In FE 541, the use of a white contrast agent is most clearly seen on the "TNI" proofmark at the bottom of page 239. What you think is easy-to-read text is the result of a bit of clever artifice, intended to make markings easier to read in a photograph.