Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How the Landis bullet possibly ended up on top of the backseat of the limo  (Read 6841 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: How the Landis bullet possibly ended up on top of the backseat of the limo
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »
Advertisement
I am uncertain about the Landis claim, but I did notice that at one point in the Zapruder film right before the head shot Jackie Kennedy's hand went around the back of the president at about the place of the low back wound that reportedly was only a very shallow wound. And that after the head shot when she climbed out on the trunk her hand was in the same area where Landis says he found the bullet. I think Jackie was the only one who had her hand in that area. Draw your own conclusions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 01:23:34 PM »
It seems as if something is in her left hand. She looks at it. As she's climbing off the seat, she lays it down in the seam between the seat and the metal

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »
It seems as if something is in her left hand. She looks at it. As she's climbing off the seat, she lays it down in the seam between the seat and the metal

You think Jackie caught the bullet in her hand and placed it there?  That is far out.  Landis didn't mention the bullet six decades ago.  I don't think he is intentionally lying but like many elderly people, he has mixed things up.  Just look at our president.  Likely manipulated by others to sell a book.  No one would have given his book a second thought except for the new claim about the bullet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 03:18:06 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 03:57:14 PM »
You think Jackie caught the bullet in her hand and placed it there?  That is far out.  Landis didn't mention the bullet six decades ago.  I don't think he is intentionally lying but like many elderly people, he has mixed things up.  Just look at our president.  Likely manipulated by others to sell a book.  No one would have given his book a second thought except for the new claim about the bullet.

Disagree. Any NEW Book by a SS Agent that was actively involved/on duty during the JFK Assassination issa must read.
     Personally, I believe there are still many pieces to this puzzle that have intentionally been omitted for whatever reason. Not reasons that are necessarily nefarious in nature. These pieces/issues would include: (1) JFK Limo stopping in route to Parkland, (2) problems incurred during the removal of JFK's body from the Limo after arriving at Parkland, (3) the Lead Car being parked/pointed in a contrary direction to that of the Queen Mary at Parkland. These details are obviously not case crackers, but knowing exactly how things went down sometimes clears up larger issues that are in question.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 04:37:07 PM »
You think Jackie caught the bullet in her hand and placed it there?  That is far out.

Well, unlike you I wasn't there so I can't be sure. But these frames offer the possibility that a bullet may have dropped down into her left hand and she placed it just where Mr. Landis says he found a bullet. The particular fashion in which she lays her hand down right over the 'seam' area is certainly suggestive of that

In a sense, the sheer oddness of the place where Mr. Landis says he found a bullet may speak to the veracity of his story. If you're going to make up a story of finding a bullet in the car, you wouldn't say the bullet was there of all places. Seems so wildly unrealistic.

And yet here we have Zapruder showing us just how that improbable thing might easily have happened.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 04:41:57 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 04:37:07 PM »

Online Jarrett Smith

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2023, 05:48:36 PM »

Your being more generous than me Richard the old fool is lying through his teeth. Motive most likely is to set up his kids/grandkids for the future. Clint "if I was one second faster" Hill is a liar too. Can't believe anything they say. Drinking the night before, failing to protect the President, cleaning evidence from the car at Parkland, stealing the body, on and on.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2023, 07:49:39 PM »
     Disagree. Any NEW Book by a SS Agent that was actively involved/on duty during the JFK Assassination issa must read.
     Personally, I believe there are still many pieces to this puzzle that have intentionally been omitted for whatever reason. Not reasons that are necessarily nefarious in nature. These pieces/issues would include: (1) JFK Limo stopping in route to Parkland, (2) problems incurred during the removal of JFK's body from the Limo after arriving at Parkland, (3) the Lead Car being parked/pointed in a contrary direction to that of the Queen Mary at Parkland. These details are obviously not case crackers, but knowing exactly how things went down sometimes clears up larger issues that are in question.

A few zealots about this case such as those on this forum MIGHT have read it.  The general public has zero interest.  Landis certainly would not have been invited on the mainstream networks to promote his book without the hook about the bullet.  Again, I don't think he is intentionally lying but has gotten old and doesn't have a clue.  That qualifies him for politics but not writing books.  In one interview, he apparently thought the "magic" bullet was the one that struck JFK in the head.  In terms of the other things you mention, those might be of some pedantic historical interest for those heavily invested in the case but they add little or nothing to the resolution of who assassinated JFK.  And I doubt after six decades that Landis' memory is any better on those points than it is on the bullet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2023, 07:49:39 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2023, 08:01:15 PM »
Well, unlike you I wasn't there so I can't be sure. But these frames offer the possibility that a bullet may have dropped down into her left hand

...........or she picked it up

Somebody needs to show these frames to Mr. Landis
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 08:06:21 PM by Alan Ford »