Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: RIP to the Single-bullet theory?  (Read 27869 times)

Online David Von Pein

Re: RIP to the Single-bullet theory?
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2023, 12:32:16 AM »
Advertisement
Landis makes a clear distinction here between the examination table and stretcher.  In fact, he says they were in the process of removing JFK from the stretcher to place him on the table when he puts the bullet down.

Which is definitely not accurate. We know from the testimony of the Parkland witnesses that JFK was ALWAYS on his stretcher when he was being treated. Confirmed by Dr. McClelland (and others too):

Mr. SPECTER - Was he on the stretcher at all times?

Dr. McCLELLAND - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - In the trauma room No. 1 you described, is there any table onto which he could be placed from the stretcher?

Dr. McCLELLAND - No; generally we do not move patients from the stretcher until they are ready to go into the operating room and then they are moved onto the operating table.

Mr. SPECTER - Well, in fact, was he left on the stretcher all during the course of these procedures until he was pronounced dead?

Dr. McCLELLAND - That's right.

-----------------------------------------

Perhaps Landis means that they were in the process of moving Kennedy from the stretcher to the CASKET, vs. moving him to an EXAM TABLE.

~shrug~
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 12:38:33 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2023, 12:32:16 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2023, 12:36:11 AM »
I can't believe he would confirm finding the bullet fragments in his original report but omit reference to finding an entire bullet.

But Landis doesn't confirm any such finding of even bullet FRAGMENTS in his two reports from Nov. '63. He doesn't say a word about finding ANY type of "bullet" item(s) here:

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/m_j_russ/Sa-landi.htm
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 12:46:02 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2023, 12:43:50 AM »
I think an experiment might be in order since Greer accelerated the limo to a rate that one has to wonder if a bullet would remain on the top of the limo as such round cylinder stair objects have little friction ti keep them in place in sudden changes of velocity.

Was the bullet wedged in a gap or something?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2023, 12:43:50 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2023, 01:03:20 AM »
But Landis doesn't confirm any such finding of even bullet FRAGMENTS in his two reports from Nov. '63. He doesn't say a word about finding ANY type of "bullet" item(s) here:

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/m_j_russ/Sa-landi.htm

Not one DPD officer who was with Oswald in the car after his arrest reported that a Hidell ID was found in his wallet.
Lt Day failed to report, for several days, that he had lifted a print from the rifle before it was handed over to the FBI on Friday evening.
No FBI agent reported that he showed Michael Paine a BY photo on Friday evening.
FBI agent Odum never wrote a report about him (allegedly) having shown CE399 to Tomlinson and Wright.

Are we to believe none of these things happened, simply because it wasn't mentioned in a report?

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2023, 01:14:50 AM »
...Are we to believe none of these things happened, simply because it wasn't mentioned in a report?

And, therefore, I guess we're supposed to believe that when Paul Landis wrote his very lengthy report on 11/30/63, this was his state of mind:

I'd better mention in my written report these three rather unimportant things that I saw and took into the hospital with me (the hat, the purse, and the cigarette lighter), but I don't think I really need to mention anything about this WHOLE BULLET that I also took into Parkland Hospital and placed at the foot of President Kennedy's stretcher.

Yeah, why don't we all just go ahead and believe that was truly Paul E. Landis' state of mind on November 30, 1963.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 01:38:34 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2023, 01:14:50 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2023, 01:37:43 AM »
And, therefore, I guess we're supposed to believe that when Paul Landis wrote his very lengthy report on 11/30/63, this was his state of mind:

I'd better mention in my written report these three rather innocuous and unimportant things that I saw and took into the hospital with me (the hat, the purse, and the cigarette lighter), but I don't think I really need to mention anything about this WHOLE BULLET that I also took into Parkland Hospital and placed at the foot of President Kennedy's stretcher.

Yeah, why don't we all just go ahead and believe that was truly Paul E. Landis' state of mind on November 30, 1963.

If you didn’t follow the proper procedures for discovering evidence and creating a chain of custody, would you mention the evidence in your report?

First question: “Where’s the bullet?”

How would his superiors have responded if he said he left it on a stretcher or operating table?

What we do know is that a different SS agent at Parkland put a bullet found near a stretcher in his pocket and brought it to DC. Which also doesn’t seem like a good way to handle evidence.

The question has always been, did the bullet come from Governor Connolly’s stretcher or Kennedy’s?

Even if we exclude Landis’ story, there’s other witnesses who saw a bullet on Kennedy’s stretcher at Parkland.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2023, 01:42:20 AM »
If you didn’t follow the proper procedures for discovering evidence and creating a chain of custody, would you mention the evidence in your report?

Yes, I would.

I'd like to think I'm honest enough to do that. And I would have also included in my report the REASON for why I moved the piece of evidence in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 01:46:18 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2023, 01:42:20 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2023, 02:02:46 AM »

I'd better mention in my written report these three rather unimportant things that I saw and took into the hospital with me (the hat, the purse, and the cigarette lighter), but I don't think I really need to mention anything about this WHOLE BULLET that I also took into Parkland Hospital and placed at the foot of President Kennedy's stretcher.

And thank you for implicity confirming that we can not rely on what any law enforcement officer failed to mention in their day one report....  Thumb1: