Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: RIP to the Single-bullet theory?  (Read 29788 times)

Online Jon Banks

Re: RIP to the Single-bullet theory?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2023, 02:10:58 PM »
Advertisement

I do plan to read Landis’ book when it becomes available. Mostly because I have in the past enjoyed reading the accounts of the people who were there. Landis’ outlandish story regarding finding a bullet on the top of the back seat of the limo and placing it on the hospital stretcher is just not believable. But maybe his story includes some other information that might be interesting.

Parkland nurse, Phyllis Hall, was there on 11/22/63.

She said she saw a bullet on JFK's stretcher (she saw the governor enter the ER as well but mentioned nothing about seeing a bullet on his stretcher). That independently corroborates Landis' story (assuming he wasn't aware of her statement before 2014).

(She mentions the bullet at 2:08 into the video)

I'm inclined to believe Landis is telling the truth as he remembers that day even if some specific details may be wrong.

I also don't believe the official story of how CE399 was discovered fwiw.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 02:12:58 PM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2023, 02:10:58 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2023, 02:30:08 PM »
Parkland nurse, Phyllis Hall, was there on 11/22/63.

She said she saw a bullet on JFK's stretcher (she saw the governor enter the ER as well but mentioned nothing about seeing a bullet on his stretcher). That independently corroborates Landis' story (assuming he wasn't aware of her statement before 2014).

(She mentions the bullet at 2:08 into the video)

I'm inclined to believe Landis is telling the truth as he remembers that day even if some specific details may be wrong.

I also don't believe the official story of how CE399 was discovered fwiw.

I noticed Phyllis Hall said she saw what she described as an exit wound in JFK’s throat. That would make the shallow back of neck wound theory invalid. Also, she said that she hasn’t seen a photo of the bullet she claims to have seen on the stretcher. Has she seen a photo of CE399 and does she claim the bullet she saw was different? If so, her account definitely does not cooborrate Landis’ outlandish story.

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2023, 03:02:53 PM »
I noticed Phyllis Hall said she saw what she described as an exit wound in JFK’s throat. That would make the shallow back of neck wound theory invalid. Also, she said that she hasn’t seen a photo of the bullet she claims to have seen on the stretcher. Has she seen a photo of CE399 and does she claim the bullet she saw was different? If so, her account definitely does not cooborrate Landis’ outlandish story.

Reading between the lines:

- Hall accepted the official narrative and is not a conspiracy theorist. Nor was she a trauma doctor. Which makes her statement more believable. She didn't have an agenda. She just reported what she observed.

However, on 11/23/63, Parkland doctor, Malcolm Perry, said Kennedy's neck wound was an "entry wound":

A newsman asked Perry: "Where was the entrance wound?"

Perry: "There was an entrance wound in the neck..."

Question: Which way was the bullet coming on the neck wound?  At him?"

Perry: "It appeared to be coming at him."...

Question: "Doctor, describe the entrance wound. You think from the front in the throat?"

Perry: "The wound appeared to be an entrance wound in the front of the throat; yes, that is correct.  The exit wound, I don't know. It could have been the head or there could have been a second wound of the head. There was not time to determine this at the particular instant."[66] (emphasis added)

https://www.history-matters.com/essays/jfkmed/How5Investigations/How5InvestigationsGotItWrong_1b.htm

Of course, we know that Perry later changed his mind. Changing one's mind is perfectly fine with the LN'er crowd when witnesses changed their minds in favor of the official narrative.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2023, 03:02:53 PM »

Online Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2023, 03:28:00 PM »
There's something not right here. Do y'all really think it's credible that a Secret Service agent would put such an immensely valuable piece of evidence on a hospital stretcher?  - where it could have easily gone unnoticed momentarily and dropped off, rolled under a cupboard, been fingered, stolen as a souvenir?
Following professional protocol, he would immediately have pocketed the bullet, then submitted it to be bagged as crucial evidence.

So, the discovery of the bullet on the stretcher points more to an "amateur" plant.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:31:02 PM by Jim Hawthorn »

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2023, 03:35:26 PM »
Common sense time - why would "they" put this crucial piece of evidence on the wrong stretcher?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2023, 03:35:26 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2023, 03:43:54 PM »
There's something not right here. Do y'all really think it's credible that a Secret Service agent would put such an immensely valuable piece of evidence on a hospital stretcher?  - where it could have easily gone unnoticed momentarily and dropped off, rolled under a cupboard, been fingered, stolen as a souvenir?
Following professional protocol, he would immediately have pocketed the bullet, then submitted it to be bagged as crucial evidence.

So, the discovery of the bullet on the stretcher points more to an "amateur" plant.

I agree.

Alternative possibilities are:

A - Landis is telling the truth about feeling guilty about potentially mishandling what he later realized could've been a major piece of evidence. He didn't talk about it because he knew he screwed up.

or

B - This is a Limited Hangout intended to cover for someone else who placed a bullet on either Kennedy's or Connolly's stretcher.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for now but my opinion could change depending on what's in his book.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2023, 04:51:18 PM »
Common sense time - why would "they" put this crucial piece of evidence on the wrong stretcher?

Only the folks that are ignorant about the details of the JFK assassination and people biased against the authorities would believe Landis’ outlandish story. Sadly, the publishers know that there are enough people in these two categories to make this book profitable for them. Especially if it is timed to coincide with the sixtieth anniversary of the assassination. I think the publishers most likely took advantage of Landis’ advanced age and perhaps his financial situation. So I do have some sympathy for Landis. The biased folks tend to throw common sense out the window in their desperation to believe in anything other than the official story. Pleas for common sense usually go in one ear and out the other….

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2023, 04:51:18 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2023, 05:42:35 PM »
I would like to add that Paul Landis’ outlandish story most certainly fits my definition of a morphing memory. And therefore could be added to the ones already specified in the thread by that title.

There’s nothing particularly “outlandish” about the story, and it also provides an explanation for how the bullet ended up on the wrong stretcher — other than the go-to of “Tomlinson was mistaken”.

It’s also an error to equate not coming forward with a story with morphing memory.

I was hit by a BB when I was a much younger and more foolish person. It lodged just beneath the skin but still had to be surgically removed. A typical BB gun from that era fired in the range of approximately a 300 to 400 feet per second velocity. The slowest velocity that I can get the Hornady Ballistic Calculator to calculate a Carcano bullet’s trajectory is 600 feet per second. At that velocity (due to gravity and the resistance of the air) the barrel would need to be aimed 48.92” above the target to hit it at a distance of 58-yards (the approximate distance from the sixth floor window to JFK at Z224). Does anyone really believe that this is what actually happened? If so, please explain your position.

There’s no good reason to assume that Kennedy’s back wound was necessarily caused by a bullet fired from a Carcano or that it originated from the 6th floor window.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 05:44:08 PM by John Iacoletti »