Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who do you believe?  (Read 33250 times)

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Who do you believe?
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2018, 12:41:53 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2018, 12:47:32 AM »
Norman and Jarman were not on the front steps. They were on the sidewalk of Elm.

Mute point Tim once I acknowledged they moved south easterly with Givens. My recollection was that they were standing just west of the steps close to the building when Truly was standing on the other side by the mailboxes. My memory is not great these days.....getting old.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »
He wouldn't have needed to see them walking along the East side of the building. He could see from their angle of approach that they were not headed for the front entrance. Therefore, when he heard them below on the fifth floor he knew that they had entered the building from the rear.

Use Google street.

Assuming he was noting them and their angle of approach was consistent with your argument. So he noted their movements, heard them below....deduces that they passed the lunchroom on their way. Why say he ate lunch with them as an alibi that would be so easily disproven? Why say he was in the room when anyone could have been there? West, Piper and Dougherty could all be candidates to destroy his "alibi" along with Norman and Jarman. He had to have known they moved the way they did and that no one else was in the domino room at 12.25pm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2018, 01:16:32 AM »
Mute point Tim once I acknowledged they moved south easterly with Givens. My recollection was that they were standing just west of the steps close to the building when Truly was standing on the other side by the mailboxes. My memory is not great these days.....getting old.

Mr. BALL. Where did you stand?
Mr. NORMAN. We stood on the Elm Street sidewalk.
Mr. BALL. On the sidewalk?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes. We didn't go any further than that point.
Mr. BALL. What time was it that you went out there?
Mr. NORMAN. Oh, I would say, I don't know exactly, around 12 or 12:10, something like that.
Mr. BALL. Who was standing with you when you were standing on the sidewalk, on the Elm Street sidewalk?
Mr. NORMAN. I remember it was Danny Arce.
Mr. BALL. And who else?
Mr. NORMAN. I remember seeing Mr. Truly and Mr. Campbell. They were standing somewhere behind us, not exactly behind us but they were back of us.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2018, 01:38:27 AM »
Mr. BALL. Where did you stand?
Mr. NORMAN. We stood on the Elm Street sidewalk.
Mr. BALL. On the sidewalk?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes. We didn't go any further than that point.
Mr. BALL. What time was it that you went out there?
Mr. NORMAN. Oh, I would say, I don't know exactly, around 12 or 12:10, something like that.
Mr. BALL. Who was standing with you when you were standing on the sidewalk, on the Elm Street sidewalk?
Mr. NORMAN. I remember it was Danny Arce.
Mr. BALL. And who else?
Mr. NORMAN. I remember seeing Mr. Truly and Mr. Campbell. They were standing somewhere behind us, not exactly behind us but they were back of us.

Thanks Tim, I think my impression of Truly being near the mailbox was obtained from his mentioning Shelly to his right "when he faced the motorcade". So at some stage he must have turned back to view Shelley on the steps (behind and to his west).

Mr. TRULY. 3 or 4 minutes after we reached the entrance, the walkway, we stood on the steps 2 or 3 minutes, and then I don't believe we just gradually moved out a bit.
And then when the policemen leading the motorcade came off of Main on to Houston, we saw them coming, and then we just moved out a little farther to the edge of the parkway.
Mr. BELIN. Did you notice any other company employees with you other than Mr. Campbell at that time?
Mr. TRULY. Well, I did. I noticed several. Mrs. Reid was standing there close. And it seemed like there were several of the other employees standing out in front of the building. But I cannot--I think Bill Shelley was standing over to my right as I faced the motorcade--somewheres in that area.
I noticed just before the motorcade passed there were, I believe, three of our colored boys had come out and started up, and two of them came back. And I didn't see them when the motorcade passed.
But they had started across Houston Street up Elm, and they came back later on, and I think those were the ones that were two of them were the ones on the fifth floor.
Possibly they could not see over the crowd. They are short boys. I wasn't doing too well at that, myself.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2018, 01:38:27 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2018, 01:41:43 AM »
Actually, she was very consistent in her statement. It was the FBI that kept altering it. She never said that she only got a glimpse of LHO. That was dreamed up by the FBI. She consistently said 12:25 p.m., but this sunk the official claim so they changed the time.

I covered all of this in my series.

Rob, has it ever occurred to you that she changed her story in 1978 out of fear? Moving her sighting back to 12.15pm is much less of a problem for the WC version. Also was it ever confirmed where the drinking fountain was? I believe some research places the place her drink of water could be obtained was some distance from the lunch room.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
When the author contacted Arnold in 1978 to get a first and account, she was surprised to hear how she had been reported by the FBI. Her spontaneous reaction, that the FBI had misquoted her, came before the author explained to her the importance of Oswald?s whereabouts at given moments. Arnold?s recollection of what she observed was clear?having spotted Oswald had been her one personal contribution to the record of that memorable day. As secretary to the company vice president she knew Oswald; he had been in the habit of coming to her for change. What she claimed she told the FBI is very different from the Bureau report of her comments. ?About a quarter of an hour before the assassination,? she said in 1978, ?I went into the lunchroom on the second floor for a moment? . Oswald was sitting in one of the booth seats on the right-hand side of the room as you go in. He was alone as usual and appeared to be having lunch. I did not speak to him, but I recognized him clearly.?

Arnold had some reason to remember having gone into the lunchroom. She was pregnant at the time and had a craving for a glass of water. She also recalled, in 1978, that this was ?about 12:15. It may have been slightly later.?
--  "Not In Your Lifetime" by Anthony Summers, page 92

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2018, 10:33:52 PM »
Actually, she was very consistent in her statement. It was the FBI that kept altering it. She never said that she only got a glimpse of LHO. That was dreamed up by the FBI. She consistently said 12:25 p.m., but this sunk the official claim so they changed the time.

I covered all of this in my series.

I read your disclaimer Rob on one of your posts that get hardly any replies about keeping on topic. Practice what you preach. The question is "who do you believe? Oswald or Arnold. And you are always spouting off about LNers never having evidence. What a joke. You buffs never have anything but third party hearsay, or "It was altered, it was faked , it was covered up, he said, she said". Very amusing. By the way, are you one of the fence walkers on here? Which theory do you believe?