Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LNers Can't Explain the Two Back-of-Head Bullet Fragments  (Read 33538 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Re: LNers Can't Explain the Two Back-of-Head Bullet Fragments
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2024, 04:41:03 PM »
Advertisement
MTG-”To put it as simply as possible so that perhaps you will finally grasp this basic point, if you truly have not grasped this point already, yes, bullet fragments can be deposited on the outer table and in the layers of the scalp, but they can only do so in two circumstances: (1) if they are ricochet fragments from a bullet or large fragment that strikes within range of the skull, or (2) if they are fragments from a lead bullet that strikes the skull.”

I think the basic point I grasp is the fact you are making all this nonsense up on the fly. That is why one thought never tracks from another. So, they could be fragments from LHO’s gun or not? Just now you have added a ricochet to the mix of improbabilities taking place with this one shot. All of this posting and gyrating because you can not accept the fact LHO fired two shots.

Let’s look at the MTG model as it was slowly dribbled out and then presented as fact;

Two shots

One with a frangible bullet

Two entrance wounds and no exit wounds

Bullet fragments that are the result of a stray shot hitting the pavement and depositing two fragments in the exact spot that later would be an entrance wound from LHO’s rifle shot.

Is there a concise explanation of what you believe took place with this shot. To date it is a rambling collection of odd beliefs that don’t necessarily track from one thought to the next. Seriously, two shooters both armed with carcanos, two entrance wounds and no exit wounds. Can see why you are met with skepticism?

-------------------------------------

You are having a problem understanding bullet fragments can crack windows and dent metal?

You post an article from James DiEugenio as something someone should actually read. Really. I feel cheated out of the 5 seconds it took to hit the link and read his name and click off.

Pat Speer is uber-cautious? Since when? He has a great website but cautious would be another thing.

--------------------

The EOP site vs Cowlick site seems to be causing you great difficulty. Do you even think JFK was shot in the back of the head or not? I would think the WC had the body there in front of them and should have seen the hole. I am just guessing because you have scatter gunned approach to your thinking, but if this is about trajectory, Sturdivan explains what happens with the bullet you really need to read his testimony.

This is supposed to be your reply to the points I made? You either lack the capacity to understand the arguments and evidence being presented to you or else you are pretending that you don't understand them. This is the only thing I can conclude from your reply. I have put the facts before you in the simplest language I can muster, but you still either just don't grasp them or else you are purposely (and embarrassingly) pretending you don't get them. Let me ask some questions:

What in the world could lead to believe that the EOP site vs. the cowlick site is causing me "great difficulty"? What "great difficulty" are you talking about?

How could you not have grasped by now that I have said repeatedly that JFK was hit in the back of the head and that the bullet entered at the EOP site? How could have you failed to grasp this point by now?

How could you believe, after all the facts and arguments I've presented, that I posit "two shooters both armed with carcanos, two entrance wounds and no exit wounds"? Where in the world could you infer such nonsense from my replies? Where?

As I think I've made quite clear, I posit one shot to the EOP and one shot to the right temple. These two entry points explain the cortical damage, the subcortical damage, and the high fragment trail. (I haven't spent much time on the exit points in this thread, but I accept as accurate the dozens of accounts of a large wound in the right-rear part of the head. This was the exit point for the right-temple shot. I believe that the EOP shot possibly did not leave the skull but that the bullet material from this shot was removed during the illicit pre-autopsy surgery documented by Doug Horne. This would explain why the low fragment trail described in the autopsy report is nowhere to be seen on the skull x-rays.)

Regarding Sturdivan's testimony, why did you ignore the fact that, as I've pointed out twice now and as has been known for years, Sturdivan was never shown the original/unenhanced skull x-rays but only the enhanced ones before he testified? Do you not understand that because Sturdivan had not seen the unenhanced originals before he testified, he was unaware of the huge cloud of fragments in the right-frontal region?

Have you read Sturdivan's 2005 book The JFK Myths, in which he explains in some detail why the 6.5 mm object cannot be a bullet fragment, in which he explains that FMJ bullets will not deposit fragments in the outer table as they penetrate skulls, and in which he repudiates the cowlick entry site?

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that the top-of-head autopsy photos show intact cerebral cortex in the same location as the cowlick site? How could a bullet have entered at the cowlick site without damaging the underlying cerebral cortex?

Will you ever try to explain how a bullet that entered at the cowlick site could have caused the subcortical damage far below the site while also causing the cortical damage, given the fact that there is no connection of any kind between them? There's no wound path, no fragment trail, no nothing that connects that cortical damage and the subcortical damage. If only one bullet entered the skull, what caused the subcortical damage?

Why do you say that Pat Speer is not uber cautious? Are you aware that most other researchers regard him as being extremely cautious, and that many WC apologists cite his hyper-cautious research on the authenticity of the autopsy photos and x-rays?

Will you ever try to explain what entry site can explain the high fragment trail? The trail is above the cowlick site and does not extend to/from it. What entry site could have caused that trail?

Are you ever going to explain the origin of the two back-of-head fragments? I notice this is another issue you ducked. Since FMJ bullets do not and cannot deposit fragments, especially not from their cross section, on the outer table or scalp when they penetrate skulls, where did those fragments come from?

Speaking of those two back-of-head fragments, are you ever going to identify the entry site with which they can be associated? (I'll save you some time: there isn't one.)

Given that I talked about the cracks in the windshield and the chrome dent, what could have led you to conclude that I am "having a problem understanding bullet fragments can crack windows and dent metal"? That's just baffling. It's as if you only understand half of the words I'm using or something. Is the problem that your brain simply cannot process any information that contradicts your version of the shooting?

Why did you decline to explain how a bullet fragment that ricocheted off the windshield and dented the back of the rearview mirror could have ended up on the middle seat or on the floor on the right side of the driver's seat? How could that have worked? How could that have happened?

Why did you decline to explain why Canning did not even try to align the chrome dent with the headshot trajectory?

Are you saying that DiEugenio misrepresents the findings of the Randich and Grant NAA study published in the Journal of Forensic Science? If so, how?

What about Dr. Gary Aguilar's article on NAA and the JFK case? I notice you said nothing about it.

What about the Spiegelman-Tobin-James-Wexler study on NAA and the JFK case? (Dr. Aguilar discusses it at length in his article.) Here's an article on the study in the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051601967.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Will you ever deal with the fact that the skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing but that the autopsy brain photos show a virtually intact brain with no more than 1-2 ounces of missing tissue? We know that bits of JFK's brain were splattered onto 16 surfaces, including the follow-up car's windshield and the windshields of the two left-side trailing patrolmen. How can the brain photos be authentic when they show only 1-2 ounces of tissue missing, given that much of the right brain is missing in the skull x-rays (as even Dr. Fred Hodges noted)?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:45:51 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2024, 04:41:03 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2024, 12:56:28 AM »
We know that bits of JFK's brain were splattered onto 16 surfaces, including the follow-up car's windshield and the windshields of the two left-side trailing patrolmen. How can the brain photos be authentic when they show only 1-2 ounces of tissue missing, given that much of the right brain is missing in the skull x-rays (as even Dr. Fred Hodges noted)?

OMG, 16 surfaces that sounds like a lot, what empirical proof do you have that each of these spattered surfaces adds up to be more than 1 to 2 ounces of brains, did anybody collect and/or describe the chunk sizes or are you as usual guessing?

This lower quality Zapruder film GIF shows a mist of exploding matter and this alone would reach quite a lot of varying surfaces.

I don't know if you counted the inside of Kennedy's limo windshield as one of the surfaces but what is there is quite small!

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:12:35 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2024, 06:12:38 AM »
Why do you continue to ignore the fact that the top-of-head autopsy photos show intact cerebral cortex in the same location as the cowlick site? How could a bullet have entered at the cowlick site without damaging the underlying cerebral cortex?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2024, 06:12:38 AM »

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2024, 01:44:18 PM »

You realize that your misleading goofy graphic contradicts itself, right? And why do you keep ignoring HSCA exhibit F-32? Because it shows that Riley's placement of the cowlick site agrees with the HSCA FPP's placement of the site?

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2024, 02:06:39 PM »
OMG, 16 surfaces that sounds like a lot, what empirical proof do you have that each of these spattered surfaces adds up to be more than 1 to 2 ounces of brains, did anybody collect and/or describe the chunk sizes or are you as usual guessing?

Just the portion of JFK's brain that Jackie was able to collect was enough that she could hold it in her hands when she brought it into the Parkland ER.

There was brain matter splattered inside the right-rear part of the limo, on the follow-up car's windshield, on the two left-trailing patrolmen's windshields, on Agent Kinney's clothes, on Officer Hargis's clothes, etc., etc. These are only some of the surfaces onto which brain matter was splattered.

Are you really going to suggest that all of this brain matter amounted to no more than 2 ounces? Really?

Did you forget about the fact that the skull x-rays show a large amount of right brain missing? Dr. Fred Hodges of the RC medical panel noted this in his report:

---------------------------------------
AP and two lateral views show. . . . A goodly portion of the right brain is apparently missing and the anterior part of the right cranial cavity contains air. (p. 2, https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=32027#relPageId=3)
---------------------------------------

Dr. Mantik has confirmed this fact with OD measurements. Even Dr. Fitzpatrick admitted that the dark area in the front on the skull x-rays indicates a substantive amount of missing brain.

This lower quality Zapruder film GIF shows a mist of exploding matter and this alone would reach quite a lot of varying surfaces.

I don't know if you counted the inside of Kennedy's limo windshield as one of the surfaces but what is there is quite small!

JohnM

Actually, no, I did not count the inside of the limo's windshield. Here are the surfaces I counted:

• The back seat of JFK’s limousine.
• The right-rear passenger door of the limo.
• The trunk/rear hood of the limo.
• The front seat of the limo (per Roy Kellerman).
• Roy Kellerman's coat ("it was all over my coat").
• The back of William Greer's coat (per Greer himself, and per Kellerman).
• Governor Connally's clothes.
• Nellie Connally's clothes.
• Officer Martin's clothes.
• Officer Hargis's clothes.
• Officer Martin's motorcycle.
• Officer Hargis's motorcycle.
• Sam Kinney's clothes (riding in the follow-up car).
• The windshield of the follow-up car.
• The drapes of JFK’s emergency room cart.
• Jackie's dress (she said JFK's brains were "all over me").

I should add that Tom Robinson, one of the morticians who reassembled JFK's skull after the autopsy, said that the amount of brain tissue missing from JFK's brain was about the size of a closed fist. A closed fist would be equal in size to at least one-third of an average male brain. (The male brain is typically about 5.5 inches wide, 6.5 inches long, and 3.6 inches high.)

Anyone who argues that all of this brain matter amounted to no more than 2 ounces of tissue is probably brainwashed beyond recovery. And, again, the skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain to be missing, which, among other things, proves that the brain photos are fraudulent. No wonder that the autopsy photographer who took the brain photos said that the existing brain photos were not the ones he took.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 05:15:46 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2024, 02:06:39 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2024, 05:10:51 AM »
This is supposed to be your reply to the points I made? You either lack the capacity to understand the arguments and evidence being presented to you or else you are pretending that you don't understand them. This is the only thing I can conclude from your reply. I have put the facts before you in the simplest language I can muster, but you still either just don't grasp them or else you are purposely (and embarrassingly) pretending you don't get them. Let me ask some questions:

What in the world could lead to believe that the EOP site vs. the cowlick site is causing me "great difficulty"? What "great difficulty" are you talking about?

How could you not have grasped by now that I have said repeatedly that JFK was hit in the back of the head and that the bullet entered at the EOP site? How could have you failed to grasp this point by now?

How could you believe, after all the facts and arguments I've presented, that I posit "two shooters both armed with carcanos, two entrance wounds and no exit wounds"? Where in the world could you infer such nonsense from my replies? Where?

As I think I've made quite clear, I posit one shot to the EOP and one shot to the right temple. These two entry points explain the cortical damage, the subcortical damage, and the high fragment trail. (I haven't spent much time on the exit points in this thread, but I accept as accurate the dozens of accounts of a large wound in the right-rear part of the head. This was the exit point for the right-temple shot. I believe that the EOP shot possibly did not leave the skull but that the bullet material from this shot was removed during the illicit pre-autopsy surgery documented by Doug Horne. This would explain why the low fragment trail described in the autopsy report is nowhere to be seen on the skull x-rays.)

Regarding Sturdivan's testimony, why did you ignore the fact that, as I've pointed out twice now and as has been known for years, Sturdivan was never shown the original/unenhanced skull x-rays but only the enhanced ones before he testified? Do you not understand that because Sturdivan had not seen the unenhanced originals before he testified, he was unaware of the huge cloud of fragments in the right-frontal region?

Have you read Sturdivan's 2005 book The JFK Myths, in which he explains in some detail why the 6.5 mm object cannot be a bullet fragment, in which he explains that FMJ bullets will not deposit fragments in the outer table as they penetrate skulls, and in which he repudiates the cowlick entry site?

Will you ever try to explain how a bullet that entered at the cowlick site could have caused the subcortical damage far below the site while also causing the cortical damage, given the fact that there is no connection of any kind between them? There's no wound path, no fragment trail, no nothing that connects that cortical damage and the subcortical damage. If only one bullet entered the skull, what caused the subcortical damage?

Why do you say that Pat Speer is not uber cautious? Are you aware that most other researchers regard him as being extremely cautious, and that many WC apologists cite his hyper-cautious research on the authenticity of the autopsy photos and x-rays?

Will you ever try to explain what entry site can explain the high fragment trail? The trail is above the cowlick site and does not extend to/from it. What entry site could have caused that trail?

Are you ever going to explain the origin of the two back-of-head fragments? I notice this is another issue you ducked. Since FMJ bullets do not and cannot deposit fragments, especially not from their cross section, on the outer table or scalp when they penetrate skulls, where did those fragments come from?

Speaking of those two back-of-head fragments, are you ever going to identify the entry site with which they can be associated? (I'll save you some time: there isn't one.)

Given that I talked about the cracks in the windshield and the chrome dent, what could have led you to conclude that I am "having a problem understanding bullet fragments can crack windows and dent metal"? That's just baffling. It's as if you only understand half of the words I'm using or something. Is the problem that your brain simply cannot process any information that contradicts your version of the shooting?

Why did you decline to explain how a bullet fragment that ricocheted off the windshield and dented the back of the rearview mirror could have ended up on the middle seat or on the floor on the right side of the driver's seat? How could that have worked? How could that have happened?

Why did you decline to explain why Canning did not even try to align the chrome dent with the headshot trajectory?

Are you saying that DiEugenio misrepresents the findings of the Randich and Grant NAA study published in the Journal of Forensic Science? If so, how?

What about Dr. Gary Aguilar's article on NAA and the JFK case? I notice you said nothing about it.

What about the Spiegelman-Tobin-James-Wexler study on NAA and the JFK case? (Dr. Aguilar discusses it at length in his article.) Here's an article on the study in the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051601967.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Will you ever deal with the fact that the skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing but that the autopsy brain photos show a virtually intact brain with no more than 1-2 ounces of missing tissue? We know that bits of JFK's brain were splattered onto 16 surfaces, including the follow-up car's windshield and the windshields of the two left-side trailing patrolmen. How can the brain photos be authentic when they show only 1-2 ounces of tissue missing, given that much of the right brain is missing in the skull x-rays (as even Dr. Fred Hodges noted)?

Any chance you will ever spell what you believe took place on the head shot? It is extremely hard to grasp the idea here when you are all over the board about what took place. Two shooters then not two shooters, Frangible bullets then not frangible bullets, a shot from behind and the front and then not a shot from the front, two entrance wounds and then not two entrance wounds.

I guess your two shooters model is dead in the water now? It appears reality seems to be creeping into your theory. It appears you have decided that the WC assessment of the head shot near the EOP is better than the HSCA’s cowlick sight. If you no longer believe a second shooter and the use of frangible bullets is part of your theory, this is progress. Welcome to the reality that Oswald did it alone. 

----------------------------------   

MTG __”Regarding your unfortunate, embarrassing repetition of the claim that neutron activation analysis (NAA) has proved that the bullet fragments found in the limo came from Oswald's alleged ammo, you are years behind the information curve. The NAA argument was debunked nearly 20 years ago. Here's some homework for you so you can get up to speed on this issue:”

The NAA was never debunked by anyone let alone DiEuginio. Maybe you should actually read the Tobin report. The Tobin report is actually a waste of time and proved nothing. Why are all of your ideas nothing but an outgrowth of someone else’s opinion? Maybe that is why you are unable to sort this issue out, you do not think for yourself.

You answered your own questions about the chrome and window damage and what happened to the fragments. Some remained in the car, some did not but they obviously went forward because the lone shot was from behind. Maybe you should explain what you think should have happened with the fragments. You do understand they are just fragments splintered off a bullet? Your shot from the front looks to be impossible with the fragments hitting in front of JFK. I suppose that would explain your reluctance to fully explain your theory. 

--------------------------

MTG--”Are you saying that DiEugenio misrepresents the findings of the Randich and Grant NAA study published in the Journal of Forensic Science? If so, how?"

I have read a few of his ramblings. I will not waste 1 more second of my time reading about something DiEugenio thinks. If it so important for you to repeat what he vomits out of his mouth feel free to quote him. It is one thing to have an opinion, it is another thing to verbalize that nonsense.

MTG--”Will you ever deal with the fact that the skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing but that the autopsy brain photos show the entire brain missing virtually no tissue? We know that bits of JFK's brain were splattered onto 16 surfaces, including the follow-up car's windshield and the windshields of the two left-side trailing patrolmen. How can the brain photos be authentic when they show only 1-2 ounces of tissue missing, given that much of the right brain is missing in the skull x-rays (as even Dr. Fred Hodges noted)?”

Once again you are going on about how much of the brain is missing. Why is that such a focal point? Everyone knows what happened to it. Do you actually think they substituted another brain to confuse you and then for what reason? Frame Z313 says it all does it not?
-----------------------------------------------

MTG--”A bullet fired from the sixth-floor window would have struck the skull at a downward angle of 15 degrees. Why do you suppose that Dr. Canning noted that the windshield damage did not align vertically with the sixth-floor-window-through-head trajectory? If it did not matter, if no one would expect the damage to align with that trajectory, why did he even mention it? He said the windshield damage "did not appear to be in particularly good slope alignment" with the alleged headshot trajectory.”

You really need to have a picture drawing of why there is a different trajectory for the window and chrome damage than the trajectory for the shot that hit JFK? They are at least 10 feet apart.

Why did he state it? The fragments possibly could have followed the same trajectory, but they didn’t, and he is just stating that fact. Their dispersion was random not necessarily linear. Actually, why do you need this explained for you to understand. There is 10 to 15 feet difference in impact points. It can only be two different trajectories.
-----------------
Good luck with the mysterious two bullet fragments that aren’t really bullet fragments but were supposedly deposited by a ricochet from a shot that never happened. The experts obviously had a hard time explaining it in the context that the fragments came from a bullet when in reality they did not. Sorry but the hard cold reality of it is they hold no significance.

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2024, 01:07:02 PM »
Any chance you will ever spell what you believe took place on the head shot? It is extremely hard to grasp the idea here when you are all over the board about what took place. Two shooters then not two shooters, Frangible bullets then not frangible bullets, a shot from behind and the front and then not a shot from the front, two entrance wounds and then not two entrance wounds.

The problem is that you either lack the mental capacity to understand plain English or you are dishonestly and embarrassingly ignoring my plain English because you have no credible answer for my arguments.

When have I ever even implied that there were not two shooters? How much more plainly could I have stated up to this point that there were two headshots and that one of them came from the front?

I guess your two shooters model is dead in the water now? It appears reality seems to be creeping into your theory. It appears you have decided that the WC assessment of the head shot near the EOP is better than the HSCA’s cowlick sight. If you no longer believe a second shooter and the use of frangible bullets is part of your theory, this is progress. Welcome to the reality that Oswald did it alone.

Translation: You can't explain the compelling evidence against the cowlick site and for the EOP site. You prefer not to address the point that your own side's best wound ballistics expert, Dr. Larry Sturdivan, has repudiated the cowlick site, nor do you prefer to deal with his reasons for doing so.

You can't be so mentally challenged as to actually believe that I "no longer believe a second shooter and the use of frangible bullets [sic]." Do you just hope that no one will read my replies and will not see that you either must be borderline retarded or are lying through your teeth to be making such a claim?

Again, when have I ever even implied that there were not two shooters? How much more plainly could I have stated up to this point that there were two headshots and that one of them came from the front?

And when have I even implied that frangible ammo was not involved? I've repeatedly discussed the evidence that the frontal headshot bullet was a frangible bullet. See, for example, my article "Forensic Science and President Kennedy's Head Wounds," which I have cited many times in this forum:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYMrT9P4ab2BtENAqI_0dQSEY6IJWczi/view

MTG __”Regarding your unfortunate, embarrassing repetition of the claim that neutron activation analysis (NAA) has proved that the bullet fragments found in the limo came from Oswald's alleged ammo, you are years behind the information curve. The NAA argument was debunked nearly 20 years ago. Here's some homework for you so you can get up to speed on this issue:”

The NAA was never debunked by anyone let alone DiEuginio. Maybe you should actually read the Tobin report. The Tobin report is actually a waste of time and proved nothing. Why are all of your ideas nothing but an outgrowth of someone else’s opinion? Maybe that is why you are unable to sort this issue out, you do not think for yourself.

If you actually believe this, then you can't read, assuming you actually read "the Tobin report"--i.e., the Spiegelman-Tobin-James study. Their study proved that the bullet fragments could have come from three or more and as many as five separate bullets, and they found several serious errors in Guinn's assumptions. How did you miss this central finding? Veteran journalist John Solomon, whose article on the study I cited and linked in my previous reply to you, did not miss it:

----------------------------------------
They found that the scientific and statistical assumptions Guinn used -- and the government accepted at the time -- to conclude that the fragments came from just two bullets fired from Oswald's gun were wrong.

"This finding means that the bullet fragments from the assassination that match could have come from three or more separate bullets," the researchers said. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051601967.html?hpid=moreheadlines)

Yes, the Guinn NAA most certainly has been debunked.

You answered your own questions about the chrome and window damage and what happened to the fragments. Some remained in the car, some did not but they obviously went forward because the lone shot was from behind. Maybe you should explain what you think should have happened with the fragments. You do understand they are just fragments splintered off a bullet? Your shot from the front looks to be impossible with the fragments hitting in front of JFK. I suppose that would explain your reluctance to fully explain your theory.

Translation: You're going to keep ducking the question of how the fragment that dented the back of the rearview mirror could have been either of the fragments that were found in the front of the limo. You're going to keep ducking the problem posed by the chrome dent. Again, why do you suppose that Rowley lied about the chrome dent and claimed it was made before the assassination during "routine maintenance"? Why? Why do you suppose the WC pretended there was doubt about when the chrome dent occurred? Why would they have lied about this if it posed no problem?

You see, I'm still trying to get you to explain your theory about the chrome damage, the window damage, and the rearview mirror damage. So far, your "theory" is nothing but your blind acceptance of what the WC claimed about the damage and the fragments, with no attempt on your part to explain the problems with the WC's scenario for the damage and the fragments.

The WC did not even mention the damage to the back of the rearview mirror, much less try to explain it. Why do you suppose that was?

MTG--”Are you saying that DiEugenio misrepresents the findings of the Randich and Grant NAA study published in the Journal of Forensic Science? If so, how?"

I have read a few of his ramblings. I will not waste 1 more second of my time reading about something DiEugenio thinks. If it so important for you to repeat what he vomits out of his mouth feel free to quote him. It is one thing to have an opinion, it is another thing to verbalize that nonsense.

Translation: You're still refusing to prove your claim that DiEugenio in any way misrepresents the Randich-Grant NAA study.

Do you realize that after the Randich-Grant study was published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences, even G. Robert Blakey, who had ardently defended and cited Guinn's NAA research for the HSCA, concluded that the Guinn's NAA research was "junk science"?

Have you read the Randich-Grant study, "Proper Assessment of the JFK Assassination Bullet Lead Evidence from Metallurgical and Statistical Perspectives"? Are you aware that it proves that, contrary to what Guinn claimed, WCC MC lead does not "differ sharply" from typical bullet leads. Are you aware that Randich and Grant found that Guinn supported his bogus claim by comparing WCC MC lead to the lead from unjacketed handgun rounds? Are you aware that Randich and Grant found that Guinn's sampling number was far too small to justify his sweeping assertion about the fragments and WCC MC ammo?

Allow me to quote from the Journal of Forensic Sciences abstract of the Randich-Grant study:

Thus, elevated concentrations of antimony and copper at crystallographic grain boundaries, the widely varying sizes of grains in MC bullet lead, and the 5–60 mg bullet samples analyzed for assassination intelligence effectively resulted in operational sampling error for the analyses. This deficiency was not considered in the original data interpretation and resulted in an invalid conclusion in favor of the single-bullet theory of the assassination. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2006.00165.x)

MTG--”Will you ever deal with the fact that the skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing but that the autopsy brain photos show the entire brain missing virtually no tissue? We know that bits of JFK's brain were splattered onto 16 surfaces, including the follow-up car's windshield and the windshields of the two left-side trailing patrolmen. How can the brain photos be authentic when they show only 1-2 ounces of tissue missing, given that much of the right brain is missing in the skull x-rays (as even Dr. Fred Hodges noted)?”

Once again you are going on about how much of the brain is missing. Why is that such a focal point? Everyone knows what happened to it. Do you actually think they substituted another brain to confuse you and then for what reason? Frame Z313 says it all does it not?

Vincent Bugliosi is spinning in his grave! Ignoring the skull x-rays, Bugliosi gleefully pointed out that the autopsy brain photos show only 1-2 ounces of missing brain tissue, and he cited this fact as his basis for rejecting all the accounts of the eyewitnesses who reported that a large portion of JFK's brain was missing. 

However, as I've noted previously, a number of medical experts, from Dr. Hodges to Dr. Aguilar to Dr. Chesser, have observed that the autopsy skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing. Dr. Mantik has confirmed this with OD measurements.

Let me try to put this in grade-school terms: Suppose you had a set of photos and a set of x-rays that supposedly showed the same injured hand. Suppose that the photos showed two broken fingers but showed the fingers otherwise intact except for a small cut with a small amount of skin missing. But, suppose that the x-rays showed an entire finger missing. Would anyone in their right mind accept the claim that the photos and the x-rays showed the same hand? 

MTG--”A bullet fired from the sixth-floor window would have struck the skull at a downward angle of 15 degrees. Why do you suppose that Dr. Canning noted that the windshield damage did not align vertically with the sixth-floor-window-through-head trajectory? If it did not matter, if no one would expect the damage to align with that trajectory, why did he even mention it? He said the windshield damage "did not appear to be in particularly good slope alignment" with the alleged headshot trajectory.”

You really need to have a picture drawing of why there is a different trajectory for the window and chrome damage than the trajectory for the shot that hit JFK? They are at least 10 feet apart.

Why did he state it? The fragments possibly could have followed the same trajectory, but they didn’t, and he is just stating that fact. Their dispersion was random not necessarily linear. Actually, why do you need this explained for you to understand. There is 10 to 15 feet difference in impact points. It can only be two different trajectories.

HUH? I guess you forgot, or were hoping that I would forget, that Canning admitted that the windshield damage did not align with the headshot trajectory. He admitted this after being specifically asked about it, remember? He didn't use your silly argument that we should not expect fragment damage and the headshot trajectory to align.

Shall we apply your silly argument to the conflicting theories of Moore, Posner, and Holland regarding the fragment that hit the Tague curb?

Good luck with the mysterious two bullet fragments that aren’t really bullet fragments but were supposedly deposited by a ricochet from a shot that never happened. The experts obviously had a hard time explaining it in the context that the fragments came from a bullet when in reality they did not. Sorry but the hard cold reality of it is they hold no significance.

You are ducking and dodging so much that you've ended up in La La Land. Let's start with the fact that every expert who has examined the skull x-rays has noted that the lateral x-rays show a small bullet fragment in the back of the head in the same vertical position as the 6.5 mm object. It is within the image of the 6.5 mm object on the AP x-ray. Even Sturdivan has acknowledged this fact. One problem posed by this small fragment, of course, is that it cannot be the lateral view, or the partner image, of the 6.5 mm object seen on the AP x-rays. Nobody but nobody denies that this small bullet fragment is within the AP x-ray's image of the 6.5 mm object. Nobody.

Then, let's graduate to the fact that HSCA radiology consultant Dr. G. M. McDonnel detected an even smaller back-of-head fragment between the galea and the outer table, 1 cm below the cowlick site, and slightly to the left of the small fragment inside the AP image of the 6.5 mm object. No expert has denied the existence of the McDonnel fragment. 

Next, let's graduate to the fact that Dr. Mantik has confirmed the existence of both of these fragments with multiple OD measurements. Using high magnification, he was even able to determine the size of the small back-of-head fragment inside the AP image of the 6.5 mm object (6.3 x 2.5 mm).

A "ricochet from a shot that never happened"? Uh, even Gerald Posner agrees that the five witnesses who described seeing a bullet strike the pavement near the limo are credible.

The problem is that since you are chained down by the lone-gunman theory, you can't offer a credible explanation for the pavement strike. Posner tries to explain it with his whacky tree-limb-collision theory where an FMJ bullet supposedly split apart after hitting one of the oak tree's branches and then sent one fragment to strike the pavement and another fragment to strike the Tague curb over 400 feet away with enough force to send a chip of concrete streaking toward Tague.

There's really no "mystery" and really nothing "mysterious" about the two back-of-head fragments, unless one is chained down by the absurd lone-gunman theory and only has three shots to account for every wound, every fragment, every pavement strike, every curb strike, and every other miss (the Aldredge bullet strike, the Foster-Walthers bullet strike, the deformed bullet found in the limo and seen by Dr. James Young, etc.).

We've known for years that even the Clark Panel privately believed that the back-of-head fragment on the lateral x-rays was a ricochet fragment.

Finally, I notice that you ignored the issues of the high fragment trail and the cortical and subcortical damage. Again, are you ever going to explain what entry site can explain the high fragment trail? And are you ever going to explain how a single bullet could have caused two different and unconnected wound paths in the brain, i.e., the cortical damage high in the brain and the subcortical damage much lower in the brain?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 02:21:37 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2024, 01:07:02 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2024, 04:08:08 PM »
The problem is that you either lack the mental capacity to understand plain English or you are dishonestly and embarrassingly ignoring my plain English because you have no credible answer for my arguments.

When have I ever even implied that there were not two shooters? How much more plainly could I have stated up to this point that there were two headshots and that one of them came from the front?

Translation: You can't explain the compelling evidence against the cowlick site and for the EOP site. You prefer not to address the point that your own side's best wound ballistics expert, Dr. Larry Sturdivan, has repudiated the cowlick site, nor do you prefer to deal with his reasons for doing so.

You can't be so mentally challenged as to actually believe that I "no longer believe a second shooter and the use of frangible bullets [sic]." Do you just hope that no one will read my replies and will not see that you either must be borderline retarded or are lying through your teeth to be making such a claim?

Again, when have I ever even implied that there were not two shooters? How much more plainly could I have stated up to this point that there were two headshots and that one of them came from the front?

And when have I even implied that frangible ammo was not involved? I've repeatedly discussed the evidence that the frontal headshot bullet was a frangible bullet. See, for example, my article "Forensic Science and President Kennedy's Head Wounds," which I have cited many times in this forum:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYMrT9P4ab2BtENAqI_0dQSEY6IJWczi/view

If you actually believe this, then you can't read, assuming you actually read "the Tobin report"--i.e., the Spiegelman-Tobin-James study. Their study proved that the bullet fragments could have come from three or more and as many as five separate bullets, and they found several serious errors in Guinn's assumptions. How did you miss this central finding? Veteran journalist John Solomon, whose article on the study I cited and linked in my previous reply to you, did not miss it:

They found that the scientific and statistical assumptions Guinn used -- and the government accepted at the time -- to conclude that the fragments came from just two bullets fired from Oswald's gun were wrong.

"This finding means that the bullet fragments from the assassination that match could have come from three or more separate bullets," the researchers said. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051601967.html?hpid=moreheadlines)

Translation: You're going to keep ducking the question of how the fragment that dented the back of the rearview mirror could have been either of the fragments that were found in the front of the limo. You're going to keep ducking the problem posed by the chrome dent. Again, why do you suppose that Rowley lied about the chrome dent and claimed it was made before the assassination during "routine maintenance"? Why? Why do you suppose the WC pretended there was doubt about when the chrome dent occurred? Why would they have lied about this if it posed no problem?

You see, I'm still trying to get you to explain your theory about the chrome damage, the window damage, and the rearview mirror damage. So far, your "theory" is nothing but your blind acceptance of what the WC claimed about the damage and the fragments, with no attempt on your part to explain the problems with the WC's scenario for the damage and the fragments.

The WC did not even mention the damage to the back of the rearview mirror, much less try to explain it. Why do you suppose that was?

Translation: You're still refusing to prove your claim that DiEugenio in any way misrepresents the Randich-Grant NAA study.

Do you realize that after the Randich-Grant study was published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences, even G. Robert Blakey, who had ardently defended and cited Guinn's NAA research for the HSCA, concluded that the Guinn's NAA research was "junk science"?

Have you read the Randich-Grant study, "Proper Assessment of the JFK Assassination Bullet Lead Evidence from Metallurgical and Statistical Perspectives"? Are you aware that it proves that, contrary to what Guinn claimed, WCC MC lead does not "differ sharply" from typical bullet leads. Are you aware that Randich and Grant found that Guinn supported his bogus claim by comparing WCC MC lead to the lead from unjacketed handgun rounds? Are you aware that Randich and Grant found that Guinn's sampling number was far too small to justify his sweeping assertion about the fragments and WCC MC ammo?

Allow me to quote from the Journal of Forensic Sciences abstract of the Randich-Grant study:

Thus, elevated concentrations of antimony and copper at crystallographic grain boundaries, the widely varying sizes of grains in MC bullet lead, and the 5–60 mg bullet samples analyzed for assassination intelligence effectively resulted in operational sampling error for the analyses. This deficiency was not considered in the original data interpretation and resulted in an invalid conclusion in favor of the single-bullet theory of the assassination. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2006.00165.x)

Vincent Bugliosi is spinning in his grave! Ignoring the skull x-rays, Bugliosi gleefully pointed out that the autopsy brain photos show only 1-2 ounces of missing brain tissue, and he cited this fact as his basis for rejecting all the accounts of the eyewitnesses who reported that a large portion of JFK's brain was missing. 

However, as I've noted previously, a number of medical experts, from Dr. Hodges to Dr. Aguilar to Dr. Chesser, have observed that the autopsy skull x-rays show a large portion of the right brain missing. Dr. Mantik has confirmed this with OD measurements.

Let me try to put this in grade-school terms: Suppose you had a set of photos and a set of x-rays that supposedly showed the same injured hand. Suppose that the photos showed two broken fingers but showed the fingers otherwise intact except for a small cut with a small amount of skin missing. But, suppose that the x-rays showed an entire finger missing. Would anyone in their right mind accept the claim that the photos and the x-rays showed the same hand? 

HUH? I guess you forgot, or were hoping that I would forget, that Canning admitted that the windshield damage did not align with the headshot trajectory. He admitted this after being specifically asked about it, remember? He didn't use your silly argument that we should not expect fragment damage and the headshot trajectory to align.

Shall we apply your silly argument to the conflicting theories of Moore, Posner, and Holland regarding the fragment that hit the Tague curb?

You are ducking and dodging so much that you've ended up in La La Land. Let's start with the fact that every expert who has examined the skull x-rays has noted that the lateral x-rays show a small bullet fragment in the back of the head in the same vertical position as the 6.5 mm object. It is within the image of the 6.5 mm object on the AP x-ray. Even Sturdivan has acknowledged this fact. One problem posed by this small fragment, of course, is that it cannot be the lateral view, or the partner image, of the 6.5 mm object seen on the AP x-rays. Nobody but nobody denies that this small bullet fragment is within the AP x-ray's image of the 6.5 mm object. Nobody.

Then, let's graduate to the fact that HSCA radiology consultant Dr. G. M. McDonnel detected an even smaller back-of-head fragment between the galea and the outer table, 1 cm below the cowlick site, and slightly to the left of the small fragment inside the AP image of the 6.5 mm object. No expert has denied the existence of the McDonnel fragment. 

Next, let's graduate to the fact that Dr. Mantik has confirmed the existence of both of these fragments with multiple OD measurements. Using high magnification, he was even able to determine the size of the small back-of-head fragment inside the AP image of the 6.5 mm object (6.3 x 2.5 mm).

A "ricochet from a shot that never happened"? Uh, even Gerald Posner agrees that the five witnesses who described seeing a bullet strike the pavement near the limo are credible.

The problem is that since you are chained down by the lone-gunman theory, you can't offer a credible explanation for the pavement strike. Posner tries to explain it with his whacky tree-limb-collision theory where an FMJ bullet supposedly split apart after hitting one of the oak tree's branches and then sent one fragment to strike the pavement and another fragment to strike the Tague curb over 400 feet away with enough force to send a chip of concrete streaking toward Tague.

There's really no "mystery" and really nothing "mysterious" about the two back-of-head fragments, unless one is chained down by the absurd lone-gunman theory and only has three shots to account for every wound, every fragment, every pavement strike, every curb strike, and every other miss (the Aldredge bullet strike, the Foster-Walthers bullet strike, the deformed bullet found in the limo and seen by Dr. James Young, etc.).

We've known for years that even the Clark Panel privately believed that the back-of-head fragment on the lateral x-rays was a ricochet fragment.

Finally, I notice that you ignored the issues of the high fragment trail and the cortical and subcortical damage. Again, are you ever going to explain what entry site can explain the high fragment trail? And are you ever going to explain how a single bullet could have caused two different and unconnected wound paths in the brain, i.e., the cortical damage high in the brain and the subcortical damage much lower in the brain?

You are trying to have it both ways.

MTG-- “How could you believe, after all the facts and arguments I've presented, that I posit "two shooters both armed with carcanos, two entrance wounds and no exit wounds"? Where in the world could you infer such nonsense from my replies? Where?”

MTG-” When have I ever even implied that there were not two shooters? How much more plainly could I have stated up to this point that there were two headshots and that one of them came from the front?”

How about start by explaining your belief there were two shots and the resulting wounds. Simple math would leave you with two entrance wounds and no exit wounds. JFK had two wounds on his head. The entrance wound on the back of his head and the exit wound above his right ear. The only fragments recovered were from a jacketed carcano round traced back to LHO’s rifle which was found in the 6th floor of the TSBD. It seems if you can’t explain this simple fact, the rest of this longwinded diatribe is really meaningless.

I really don't know how you can get anything of value from Tobin's report. Seriously, you need to start thinking for yourself. Maybe reread it, this time with an eye for what is wrong with it.