Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Motive  (Read 17827 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Oswald's Motive
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2022, 10:26:39 PM »
Advertisement
Oswald prints pointing the box right down Elm places Oswald at that window, with intent.
The possibility of anything other than that happening are astronomical

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2022, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2022, 12:03:39 AM »
First, the Rolling Readers boxes aren't to be confused with the bigger boxes containing books.  The boxes that were three aisles away (versus the boxes all the way over on the west end of the floor) were the Rolling Readers boxes.  These boxes weren't stored "close to the window".

I think you missed the point I was making. There were boxes all over the place, so why would Oswald go three aisles away to get some when other boxes were much closer to the sniper nest corner? That simply doesn't make sense.

The smaller Rolling Readers boxes weren't "all over the place".

Oswald, if he wanted smaller boxes (the Rolling Readers boxes) for the gun rest portion of the nest, would have to go three aisles away to get them, since that's where they were stored.

So, by your logic, none of the boxes other that the Rolling Readers ones were suitable for use?

It's not about me.

My logic is that Oswald wanted the smaller Rolling Readers boxes to act as the gun rest.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 12:05:27 AM by Bill Brown »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2022, 12:07:30 AM »
It's not about me.

My logic is that Oswald wanted the smaller Rolling Readers boxes to act as the gun rest.

Your "logic" is nothing more than 100% self serving speculation that simply doesn't make any sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2022, 12:07:30 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2022, 12:13:00 AM »
What also doesn't make sense is that Williams was on the 6th floor until roughly 12.20 / 12.25, which of course limits the time Oswald, or anybody else, had to go down several aisles away to get some boxes and thus risk being noticed.

So you think it's impossible that Oswald had already moved these particular boxes in place before Williams ever arrived up on the sixth floor?

Of course that's not impossible, but just because something isn't impossible doesn't mean it happened.

Agreed.

But you implied that "Oswald, or anybody else" couldn't have moved the boxes in place until once Williams left the sixth floor.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2022, 12:14:31 AM »
Your "logic" is nothing more than 100% self serving speculation that simply doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't make sense that Oswald wanted the bigger box to sit on and the smaller Rolling Readers boxes (sitting atop one of the bigger boxes) to act as the gun rest?

You're not very open-minded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2022, 12:14:31 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2022, 12:19:08 AM »
Second, the method used in lifting the prints tells you that the prints were fairly recent (as opposed to prints being left on the boxes say a week earlier).

I am aware of that, Bill. Oswald could have touched those boxes earlier that morning or the day before. Having said that, the fact that prints on those boxes don't hold long doesn't explain why there wasn't a single print identified for all the TSBD employees [somebody build the sniper's nest, right?] and/or the law enforcement officers who were in and around the sniper's nest before Fritz, Day and Studebaker arrived. There are photos showing those men climbing all over stacks of boxes but in and around the sniper's nest they left not a single print, really?

May I see photos of law enforcement personnel climbing all over stacks of boxes in the sniper's nest?

I didn't say that they were climinng over stacks of boxes "in the sniper's nest". Nice try, though...

Yes, you kinda did.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2022, 12:22:29 AM »
Agreed.

But you implied that "Oswald, or anybody else" couldn't have moved the boxes in place until once Williams left the sixth floor.

I didn't imply anything. I just said that to me it doesn't make sense. That's all

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2022, 12:22:29 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2022, 12:23:22 AM »
I didn't imply anything. I just said that to me it doesn't make sense. That's all

Deny all you wish, but you implied it.