Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Motive  (Read 17858 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Oswald's Motive
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2022, 08:31:52 PM »
Advertisement
Oswald’s alibi was that he was eating lunch at the time of the shooting and there is indirect corroboration for it from other witnesses. But that didn’t matter.

I don’t think they would’ve been able to easily dismiss witnesses who could place him outside of the Book Depository at the time of the shooting.

Please cite this "indirect corroboration" from other witnesses for Oswald eating lunch at the time of the shooting.  Surely, you're not meaning Carolyn Arnold since she didn't say anything about seeing Oswald at 12:30.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2022, 08:31:52 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2022, 08:51:01 PM »
Here's what you're missing, though...

On one of the Rolling Readers boxes at the window, Oswald's left palmprint and his right index fingerprint were found.

The employees laying the floor moved the large boxes of books from the west end of the floor over to the east end.  However, the "Rolling Readers" boxes did not need to be moved, i.e. they weren't over on the west end where the new floor was being placed down.  The two "Rolling readers" boxes in the sniper's nest were originally about three aisles over from the sniper's nest window and were taken to that window for the purposes of being used as a gun rest.  The "Rolling Readers" boxes didn't contain books.

Other identifiable prints were developed on the boxes.  These prints were compared with the fingerprints of all other employees as well as law enforcement personnel who handled the boxes.  None of the identifiable prints belonged to any of the other employees.

So, the Rolling Readers boxes were in the sniper's nest and used as a gun rest.  Oswald's prints were on one of these two smaller boxes.  No other employee of the building had their prints found on either of these two Rolling Readers boxes.  These two particular boxes wouldn't have been moved there by the floor-laying crew (having been stored about three aisles from the sniper's nest, they weren't in the way, like the bigger boxes over on the west end were).

Nice story, but it doesn't make sense at all....

I am not missing any of that. It's a flawed theory, because even if the Rolling Readers boxes didn't have to be moved that day, they could have been touched by Oswald at their original location earlier. Also, not only were no prints found on the snipers nest boxes of other employees but none were found/identified either of all the law enforcement people that were in and around the so-called snipers nest.

So, in a warehouse full of boxes and books, the only identifiable prints they found belonged to Oswald and nobody else and that doesn't let alarm bells go off with you? What are we to believe? That Oswald did not simply take some of the many boxes close to the window but instead went out of his way to get some boxes from another location, three aisles away (I'll take your word for it), just for the hell of it? That makes sense to you? Really?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 08:57:42 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2022, 09:10:15 PM »
Nice story, but it doesn't make sense at all....

I am not missing any of that. It's a flawed theory, because even if the Rolling Readers boxes didn't have to be moved that day, they could have been touched by Oswald at their original location earlier. Also, not only were no prints found on the snipers nest boxes of other employees but none were found/identified either of all the law enforcement people that were in and around the so-called snipers nest.

So, in a warehouse full of boxes and books, the only identifiable prints they found belonged to Oswald and nobody else and that doesn't let alarm bells go off with you? What are we to believe? That Oswald did not simply take some of the many boxes close to the window but instead went out of his way to get some boxes from another location, three aisles away (I'll take your word for it), just for the hell of it? That makes sense to you? Really?

A couple things...

First, the Rolling Readers boxes aren't to be confused with the bigger boxes containing books.  The boxes that were three aisles away (versus the boxes all the way over on the west end of the floor) were the Rolling Readers boxes.  These boxes weren't stored "close to the window".

Second, the method used in lifting the prints tells you that the prints were fairly recent (as opposed to prints being left on the boxes say a week earlier).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2022, 09:10:15 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2022, 09:22:08 PM »
A couple things...

First, the Rolling Readers boxes aren't to be confused with the bigger boxes containing books.  The boxes that were three aisles away (versus the boxes all the way over on the west end of the floor) were the Rolling Readers boxes.  These boxes weren't stored "close to the window".

Second, the method used in lifting the prints tells you that the prints were fairly recent (as opposed to prints being left on the boxes say a week earlier).

I think you missed the point I was making. There were boxes all over the place, so why would Oswald go three aisles away to get some when other boxes were much closer to the sniper nest corner? That simply doesn't make sense.

What also doesn't make sense is that Williams was on the 6th floor until roughly 12.20 / 12.25, which of course limits the time Oswald, or anybody else, had to go down several aisles away to get some boxes and thus risk being noticed.

I am aware of that, Bill. Oswald could have touched those boxes earlier that morning or the day before. Having said that, the fact that prints on those boxes don't hold long doesn't explain why there wasn't a single print identified for all the TSBD employees [somebody build the sniper's nest, right?] and/or the law enforcement officers who were in and around the sniper's nest before Fritz, Day and Studebaker arrived. There are photos showing those men climbing all over stacks of boxes but in and around the sniper's nest they left not a single print, really?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2022, 09:32:00 PM »

I think you missed the point I was making. There were boxes all over the place, so why would Oswald go three aisles away to get some when other boxes were much closer to the sniper nest corner? That simply doesn't make sense.

The smaller Rolling Readers boxes weren't "all over the place".

Oswald, if he wanted smaller boxes (the Rolling Readers boxes) for the gun rest portion of the nest, would have to go three aisles away to get them, since that's where they were stored.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2022, 09:32:00 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2022, 09:33:49 PM »
What also doesn't make sense is that Williams was on the 6th floor until roughly 12.20 / 12.25, which of course limits the time Oswald, or anybody else, had to go down several aisles away to get some boxes and thus risk being noticed.

So you think it's impossible that Oswald had already moved these particular boxes in place before Williams ever arrived up on the sixth floor?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2022, 09:37:47 PM »

I am aware of that, Bill. Oswald could have touched those boxes earlier that morning or the day before. Having said that, the fact that prints on those boxes don't hold long doesn't explain why there wasn't a single print identified for all the TSBD employees [somebody build the sniper's nest, right?] and/or the law enforcement officers who were in and around the sniper's nest before Fritz, Day and Studebaker arrived. There are photos showing those men climbing all over stacks of boxes but in and around the sniper's nest they left not a single print, really?

Somebody had to build the sniper's nest, yes.  But that is not to say that members of the floor laying crew didn't move the boxes from the west end to the east end a few days before and by the time Friday comes around, their prints could no longer be lifted.

May I see photos of law enforcement personnel climbing all over stacks of boxes in the sniper's nest?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2022, 09:37:47 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2022, 10:06:58 PM »
The smaller Rolling Readers boxes weren't "all over the place".

Oswald, if he wanted smaller boxes (the Rolling Readers boxes) for the gun rest portion of the nest, would have to go three aisles away to get them, since that's where they were stored.

So, by your logic, none of the boxes other that the Rolling Readers ones were suitable for use?

So you think it's impossible that Oswald had already moved these particular boxes in place before Williams ever arrived up on the sixth floor?

Of course that's not impossible, but just because something isn't impossible doesn't mean it happened.

Somebody had to build the sniper's nest, yes.  But that is not to say that members of the floor laying crew didn't move the boxes from the west end to the east end a few days before and by the time Friday comes around, their prints could no longer be lifted.

May I see photos of law enforcement personnel climbing all over stacks of boxes in the sniper's nest?

True. Too bad it's pure speculation, unless you can show that the floor laying crew did in fact move those boxes (and thus build the sniper's nest) "a few days before". Can you?

I didn't say that they were climinng over stacks of boxes "in the sniper's nest". Nice try, though...