Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Motive  (Read 17828 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Oswald's Motive
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2022, 09:39:22 PM »
Advertisement
Oswald may or may not have liked JFK. We’ll never know. What we do have a fairly good idea about is Oswald’s life and belief system. I don’t believe Oswald was shooting at JFK personally. I believe he was shooting at the POTUS and all that position represented to the world.
Not to sidetrack this (but I will anyway <g>), if I'm framing Oswald and I have all of this power then I'm getting 10 people to say that he said he hated JFK.

Supposedly all of these eyewitnesses were coached or ordered to frame Oswald. People like Marina, Robert Oswald, the DeMohrenschildts, Ruth Paine, Michael Paine.....And none of them were directed to say that Oswald expressed hatred towards JFK?

If Ruth and Michael Paine were, as alleged, CIA agents/assets who framed Oswald, they sure as heck are going to say he said he detested JFK.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2022, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2022, 09:50:39 PM »
Not to sidetrack this (but I will anyway <g>), if I'm framing Oswald and I have all of this power then I'm getting 10 people to say that he said he hated JFK.

Supposedly all of these eyewitnesses were coached or ordered to frame Oswald. People like Marina, Robert Oswald, the DeMohrenschildts, Ruth Paine, Michael Paine.....And none of them were directed to say that Oswald expressed hatred towards JFK?

If Ruth and Michael Paine were, as alleged, CIA agents/assets who framed Oswald, they sure as heck are going to say he said he detested JFK.

Nobody framed Oswald. 59 years and no hard evidence to support that claim. None.

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2022, 10:54:41 PM »
Oswald may or may not have liked JFK. We’ll never know. What we do have a fairly good idea about is Oswald’s life and belief system. I don’t believe Oswald was shooting at JFK personally. I believe he was shooting at the POTUS and all that position represented to the world.

There’s no evidence that he disliked Kennedy and there’s some things we have yet to learn about Oswald’s life.

Not only was he very secretive but the government hasn’t declassified everything that they know about Oswald and the Kennedy assassination. So there may be more to learn about him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2022, 10:54:41 PM »

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2022, 10:59:03 PM »

It’s plausible that DeMorenschildt and the Paines babysat and informed on Oswald before 11/22/63 at worst (their relationships with the US intelligence community seems too coincidental).

However, I don’t think most serious researchers have alleged that those people helped frame Oswald before 11/22/63. Seems like another strawman argument…

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2022, 11:13:30 PM »
It’s plausible that DeMorenschildt and the Paines babysat and informed on Oswald before 11/22/63 at worst (their relationships with the US intelligence community seems too coincidental).

However, I don’t think most serious researchers have alleged that those people helped frame Oswald before 11/22/63. Seems like another strawman argument…
Strawmen argument? We had numerous posts here recently about, among other things, a documentary claiming that the Paines planted Oswald, i.e., got him the job, in the TSBD in order to frame him for the assassination. See Garrison's work. Salandria's work. DiEugenio's work. They all make the same claim.

I think you need to visit the conspiracy sites a bit more. They are filled with claims that the Paines setup Oswald.

Try this: https://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Assassination%20and%20Mrs.%20Paine

And this:  https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/28210-ruth-paine-on-the-assassination-mrs-paine-film-well-done-but-powerfully-awful/#comment-473654

If you want to dismiss all of these people as crackpots and oddballs, I'll agree. But if you want to say these claims are on the fringe, I won't.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2022, 11:13:30 PM »

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2022, 11:31:32 PM »
Here is the late Vincent Salandria, one of the "deans" of the JFK conspiracy movement/cause. He was a Philadelphia attorney, a member of the ACLU; this was a serious person. Here he is on the Paines:

"If you wanted to have a conspiracy, you’ve got to complete the circle. In this case you’ve got to get the Oswalds into the Dallas area. You’ve got to get Oswald into the Texas Book Depository in time. People with a garage where the so-called murder weapon can be stored. Suppose it's a conspiracy that says we’ll just wait, somebody will get Oswald and his family into Dallas, we’ll just wait--maybe he’ll happen to find a job in the Texas Book Depository. Once you see a conspiracy, its over for the Paines. You can’t close the circle without the Paines! There’s no way they can be innocent! No way!

This was from the documentary that Tracy Parnell reviewed.

Here is a major piece on Salandria: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/02/27/vince-salandria-jfk-conspiracy-theorist/

And a obit: https://jfkfacts.org/rip-vincent-salandria-leading-warren-commission-critic/

From the above: "The writings of Vincent J Salandria on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy are historic, foundational, and essential to any serious scholar interested in understanding the real dynamics of the Kennedy murder and its place as a terrible and pivotal moment of the American Century. In his 1967 book Six Seconds in Dallas, Josiah Thompson notes that what he terms the “second generation” of assassination researchers—including Mark Lane, Edward J. Epstein, Harold Weisberg, Raymond Marcus, Léo Sauvage, Richard Popkin—owe “a deep debt to Salandria’s pioneering and largely unsung research.” Thompson is accurate, since Salandria is in the front rank of Warren Commission critics, and the prescience of his analysis is an instruction to all interested people."

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2022, 11:51:38 PM »

Yet another example of “Conspirators that I just dreamed up in my head would never do something like that, therefore Oswald killed Kennedy”.

Supposedly all of these eyewitnesses were coached or ordered to frame Oswald. People like Marina, Robert Oswald, the DeMohrenschildts, Ruth Paine, Michael Paine.....

According to whom?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2022, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2022, 11:56:56 PM »
Strawmen argument? We had numerous posts here recently about, among other things, a documentary claiming that the Paines planted Oswald, i.e., got him the job, in the TSBD in order to frame him for the assassination. See Garrison's work. Salandria's work. DiEugenio's work. They all make the same claim.

BS: The Max Good documentary doesn’t claim anything of the kind. Besides, none of those people participate in this forum. Perhaps you’re pontificating in the wrong place.

If you want to dismiss all of these people as crackpots and oddballs, I'll agree. But if you want to say these claims are on the fringe, I won't.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that they are all crackpots and oddballs (whatever that means — I think it just means “disagrees with Galbraith”). Does that somehow prove that Oswald did it?