Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Brown/Weidmann, Mini-Debate?  (Read 34652 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Brown/Weidmann, Mini-Debate?
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 11:28:25 PM »
Advertisement
So anyway....

More evidence that Callaway helped load the body into the ambulance BEFORE he got on the police radio to report the shooting...

"And then I got out of the cab and run down there; the ambulance had
already arrived by the time I got there, and they were in the process
of picking the man up, and they had done had him, was putting him on
the stretcher when I got there, and they put him in the ambulance and
took him away, and there was someone that got on the radio at that
time and they told him he was going to report it, so they told him to
get off the air, that it had already been reported, and he picks up
the officer's pistol that was laying on the ground, apparently fell
out of his holster when he fell, and says, "Come on, let's go see if
we can find him."
-- WILLIAM SCOGGINS

The "someone that got on the radio" was Callaway and the "at that
time"
was once the ambulance "took him away".

time"

And this just your opinion and incorrect interpretation.

If you are going to jump from one topic to another and not respond to my remarks or answer my questions, we're not really having a debate, are we now? I thought you wanted a debate... so, what happened?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 11:28:25 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2022, 11:56:03 PM »
time"

And this just your opinion and incorrect interpretation.

What else could it be?  Who else could it be?  When else could it be? 

You're in denial.

Scoggins tells you that "someone" got on the radio once the ambulance left and this "someone" grabbed the service revolver.  Now who do you think that was?

we can find him."
-- WILLIAM SCOGGINS

Read it again.

time"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:57:23 PM by Bill Brown »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:35 PM »
Callaway saw the gunman reach the corner of Patton and Jefferson and saw the man proceed west on Jefferson.  I do not believe that Callaway started his "good hard run" until the fleeing gunman reached the corner of Patton and Jefferson.  In my opinion, if one is making a "good hard run" in a northerly direction on Patton, he is not looking to the south over his shoulder to see what is going on behind him.

Setting my opinion aside, have you heard of B.D. Searcy?  After seeing the gunman proceed west on Jefferson, Callaway then told B.D. Searcy to keep an eye on the gunman while he (Callaway) was going to go up to the shooting scene to see what was going on.  Then, after saying that to Searcy, Callaway proceed to make his "good hard run" up to the shooting scene.

Setting my opinion aside,

Do it more often please. It would be benificial for a factual debate.

have you heard of B.D. Searcy?

Yes, of course. Callaway named him in his WC testimony

After seeing the gunman proceed west on Jefferson, Callaway then told B.D. Searcy to keep an eye on the gunman while he (Callaway) was going to go up to the shooting scene to see what was going on.  Then, after saying that to Searcy, Callaway proceed to make his "good hard run" up to the shooting scene.

Which is exactly why I don't believe that Callaway waited to start his "good hard run" until the killer was on Jefferson. We're talking about a very minor distance between where Callaway hollered at the killer and the corner of Patton and Jefferson. Also, from where Callaway stood, he had a clear line of sight to observe the killer turning west on Jefferson. Everything about Callaway suggest a take charge kind of guy who would not have waited a second longer than he needed. I believe Callaway started running, at the latest, after seeing the killer turning west on Jefferson and telling Searcy to keep an eye on the man.

Either way, it's a trivial matter as the difference in time between the two scenarios is likely not more than 10 seconds, which has no major impact on the overall time line.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:35 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2022, 12:00:10 AM »
If you are going to jump from one topic to another and not respond to my remarks or answer my questions, we're not really having a debate, are we now? I thought you wanted a debate... so, what happened?

If you have a point to make, then make it.  Asking me questions like what exact time do I believe it was when the first 1:19 went out is asking me an irrelevant question.

Make your point.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2022, 12:01:13 AM »
What else could it be?  Who else could it be?  When else could it be? 

You're in denial.

Scoggins tells you that "someone" got on the radio once the ambulance left and this "someone" grabbed the service revolver.  Now who do you think that was?

we can find him."
-- WILLIAM SCOGGINS

Read it again.

time"

Sorry, Bill... I am not going to discuss this matter, or your opinion about it, now, just because you want to avoid the topic we were discussing earlier. We can get back to Scoggins's statement after we have resolved the timeline matter which you yourself initiated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2022, 12:01:13 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2022, 12:04:27 AM »
Setting my opinion aside,

Do it more often please. It would be benificial for a factual debate.

have you heard of B.D. Searcy?

Yes, of course. Callaway named him in his WC testimony

After seeing the gunman proceed west on Jefferson, Callaway then told B.D. Searcy to keep an eye on the gunman while he (Callaway) was going to go up to the shooting scene to see what was going on.  Then, after saying that to Searcy, Callaway proceed to make his "good hard run" up to the shooting scene.

Which is exactly why I don't believe that Callaway waited to start his "good hard run" until the killer was on Jefferson. We're talking about a very minor distance between where Callaway hollered at the killer and the corner of Patton and Jefferson. Also, from where Callaway stood, he had a clear line of sight to observe the killer turning west on Jefferson. Everything about Callaway suggest a take charge kind of guy who would not have waited a second longer than he needed. I believe Callaway started running, at the latest, after seeing the killer turning west on Jefferson and telling Searcy to keep an eye on the man.

Either way, it's a trivial matter as the difference in time between the two scenarios is likely not more than 10 seconds, which has no major impact on the overall time line.

I believe Callaway started running, at the latest, after seeing the killer turning west on Jefferson and telling Searcy to keep an eye on the man.

Geez Martin.  I just said that a few posts back.

If it's a trivial matter, then why did you choose to make an issue out of it when I stated that you were wrong to say that Callaway said he saw the killer cut into the alley versus the reality that Callaway saw the killer actually head west on Jefferson?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 12:06:21 AM by Bill Brown »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2022, 12:07:28 AM »
Sorry, Bill... I am not going to discuss this matter, or your opinion about it, now, just because you want to avoid the topic we were discussing earlier. We can get back to Scoggins's statement after we have resolved the timeline matter which you yourself initiated.

I'm not avoiding a single thing.  YOU are avoiding what Scoggins tells you.  Again, if you have a point to make, then make it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2022, 12:07:28 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2022, 12:10:28 AM »

If you have a point to make, then make it.  Asking me questions like what exact time do I believe it was when the first 1:19 went out is asking me an irrelevant question.

Make your point.

You don't get to decide what is an irrelevant question. This is supposed to be a debate, in which questions are asked and answers are given. I have answered your questions, even those which I considered futile, but you refuse to answer any of mine. You even jump from topic to topic without actually making any coherent point and are only giving your opinions.

When I check those opinions with the actual evidence, you move on to something else. Why is that?

I have many points to make, but how and when they are made depends on the clarity you can only provide by answering my questions as I am answering yours.

So, here's a question for you; do you really want an honest debate or is there another purpose to this discussion?