Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Truly's False Roll  (Read 23446 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Truly's False Roll
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »
Advertisement
Brain damage - check.

The information has been known for 50+ years.

Do enlighten us as to what the DPD was supposed to do today?

Yes, what would the police do with credible evidence of the involvement of someone in a homicide?  And one of the most famous criminal cases in history.  I wonder!  No need to bother them with that because such evidence should be limited to an Internet forum.  LOL.  Obviously, you do not believe in your own CTer nonsense.  But prove me wrong and report to them that you have evidence that Truly lied about the roll call and that this is evidence he was involved in the conspiracy to assassinate the President.   Report back to us.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »
If you believe the roll call happened, present the evidence.

Living History with Karen Westbrook Scranton

27:40-ish
'They took a roll call to make sure everyone was there' -- Scranton

The roll call in question is the one Truly invented.
It supposedly took place on the first floor and involved all the warehouse men who constituted Truly's "boys".
It has nothing to do with any roll call of the office workers on the second floor.
Scranton makes it clear that she and her work colleagues were in the "bullpen type office" on the second floor.
If you are imagining a roll call of every single worker in the building that day was made to see who was missing, the result would have been that about one third of the employees had not made it back into the building and not just Oswald.
In no way does this constitute evidence that a roll call involving Truly's "boys" had taken place.
It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:23:28 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 09:26:30 PM »
FYI / FWIW....

For those who think there was positively no roll call performed at the TSBD following the assassination, I offer up the two newspapers linked below. Both of these papers are dated Saturday, November 23, 1963. The words "roll call" can be found within the highlighted blue box that I have drawn in on each paper.

Also take note of the photograph of an alleged "Assassin's Bullet" that appears in the upper-right corner of the Fort Worth newspaper below. You'll no doubt note, as I did, that there's nothing at all in that photograph that comes even remotely close to resembling a "bullet":

More "Roll Call" talk here:
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2016/06/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1142.html

As difficult as it is to prove something that didn't happen I believe, in this case, it is possible.
The testimony of the man who supposedly conducted this roll call is unequivocal that no such roll call actually took place. Truly gives his thought processes leading up to his decision to call Mr Aiken and get Oswald's details to pass on to the authorities.

"There were other officers in other parts of the building taking other employees, like office people's names. I noticed that Lee Oswald was not among these boys."
"I asked Bill Shelley if he had seen him, he looked around and said no."
"I said, "Have you seen him around lately," and he said no."

This is the sum total of the process Truly went through before he decided to put Oswald forward as the only employee missing. What makes this even more startling are the following comments:

"So Mr. Campbell is standing there, and I said, "I have a boy over here missing. I don't know whether to report it or not." Because I had another one or two out then. I didn't know whether they were all there or not."

I didn't know whether they were all there or not!

No roll call took place, there can be little doubt about that.
What possible justification can there be for singling out Oswald?
Truly reports saying to Campbell "I have a boy over here missing. I don't know whether to report it or not."
However, according to an FBI report dated 11/24/63 Truly said more than this to Campbell:

"Inside he [Campbell] was told shortly thereafter by the warehouse superintendent, Mr. TRULY, that all the employees of the company had been rounded up and one employee, LEE HARVEY OSWALD, was missing."

Truly is unequivocal in his testimony - he saw some of his "boys" being interviewed by police officers and couldn't see Oswald there.
He asks Bill Shelley if he has seen Oswald who says he has not.
Even though he didn't know whether all his men were there or not he decides Oswald must be reported.

There is no justification and no rational reason why Truly would come to this decision.
He tells Campbell that he has rounded up all his men and Oswald is the only one missing.
He tells Lumpkin he has a boy missing and he is taken to Fritz where Biffle overhears Truly telling him about the roll call at which Oswald was discovered missing.

But there was no roll call. There was no rounding up of his "boys".

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:27:36 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 09:26:30 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2022, 10:14:51 PM »
Again, I'm not sure that there is enough available evidence to determine what form any "roll call" took.  As pointed out, there is evidence that it did occur.   However, the details are likely beyond confirming at this point.  What we are left with is to consider whether it makes any difference.  And it does not.   Whether there was a roll call or not is only relevant as to whether Oswald was present at the TSBD.  We know without any doubt whatsoever that Oswald was gone.  That conclusion is not dependent on Truly's roll call.   Lastly, I believe it is an outlandish and baseless claim to suggest that Truly was involved in a conspiracy into the assassination of JFK.  That is far out Bigfoot stuff.  But if you believe, as you have insisted here, that the evidence confirms that Truly lied and therefore must have been involved, why not take your evidence to the NY Times or some respected media outlet and seek their opinion?  I'm not sure why CTers who are convinced they have evidence that proves a conspiracy limit themselves to an Internet forum.  If I honestly believed that I had such evidence, I would present it to NY Times or DPD.

"We know without any doubt whatsoever that Oswald was gone."

Of course we know he was gone.
It's almost 6 decades after the event - of course we know.
But how did Truly know Oswald was missing?

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 11:19:50 PM »
...there was no roll call. There was no rounding up of his "boys".

Eddie Piper said there was....

JOSEPH A. BALL -- Did you at any time after the shooting miss Lee Oswald—did you notice he wasn't around?

EDDIE PIPER -- No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.

MR. BALL -- You did notice it at the lineup, did you?

MR. PIPER -- Yes.

MR. BALL -- Tell us about that.

MR. PIPER -- I did notice it in the lineup.

MR. BALL -- What do you mean by the lineup?

MR. PIPER -- I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.

MR. BALL -- You say "they"; who do you mean?

MR. PIPER -- The detective—whoever it was.

MR. BALL -- The police?

MR. PIPER -- Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

-----------------------

In the above testimony, however, Eddie Piper was talking about the POLICE conducting that "lineup", not Roy Truly or Bill Shelley of the TSBD staff.

But after reading Piper's testimony, it makes me wonder if perhaps the "lineup" that Piper talked about could be the "roll call" that Frazier and Lovelady remembered. ? ? ?

In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 11:19:50 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2022, 11:23:41 PM »
The roll call in question is the one Truly invented.
It supposedly took place on the first floor and involved all the warehouse men who constituted Truly's "boys".
It has nothing to do with any roll call of the office workers on the second floor.
Scranton makes it clear that she and her work colleagues were in the "bullpen type office" on the second floor.
If you are imagining a roll call of every single worker in the building that day was made to see who was missing, the result would have been that about one third of the employees had not made it back into the building and not just Oswald.
In no way does this constitute evidence that a roll call involving Truly's "boys" had taken place.
It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Another thing: Why did you entitle the thread 'Truly's False Roll' instead of 'Truly's False Roll Call'

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2022, 11:37:32 PM »
Another thing: Why did you entitle the thread 'Truly's False Roll' instead of 'Truly's False Roll Call'

A play on the word "Role"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2022, 11:37:32 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2022, 11:49:18 PM »
Eddie Piper said there was....

JOSEPH A. BALL -- Did you at any time after the shooting miss Lee Oswald—did you notice he wasn't around?

EDDIE PIPER -- No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.

MR. BALL -- You did notice it at the lineup, did you?

MR. PIPER -- Yes.

MR. BALL -- Tell us about that.

MR. PIPER -- I did notice it in the lineup.

MR. BALL -- What do you mean by the lineup?

MR. PIPER -- I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.

MR. BALL -- You say "they"; who do you mean?

MR. PIPER -- The detective—whoever it was.

MR. BALL -- The police?

MR. PIPER -- Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

-----------------------

In the above testimony, however, Eddie Piper was talking about the POLICE conducting that "lineup", not Roy Truly or Bill Shelley of the TSBD staff.

But after reading Piper's testimony, it makes me wonder if perhaps the "lineup" that Piper talked about could be the "roll call" that Frazier and Lovelady remembered. ? ? ?

In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63.

In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63
_And Karen Scranton makes four
  'We went back into the building and it was pandemonium.. there were police everywhere and they took a roll call of all
   of us to make sure we were all there'' - Scranton

Just sayin'..

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:38:40 AM by Bill Chapman »