Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Are these two photos legit?  (Read 18283 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Re: Are these two photos legit?
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2022, 11:03:21 PM »
Advertisement
I think I can see tape on the boxes... It seems the lighting and exposure of the photo has “washed out" the tape and the markings to a great extent, and are very faint...
But the direction of the tape on the bottom box is interesting... and seems to show that the boxes, at some point, were repositioned and flipped about...

Screen-Shot-2022-02-21-at-4-31-49-PM" border="0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:03:48 PM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2022, 11:03:21 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2022, 11:35:33 PM »
Other than negligent incompetent recording the scene and items /boxes and creating further confusion , it’s all perfectly acceptable if you just take the blue pill :)

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2022, 08:33:12 PM »
You already said that you don’t know whether they were right or not. Why don’t you try to figure it out yourself. Then come back and tell us why you think one way or the other. Some people come here to try to learn more about the assassination. You obviously aren’t one of them.

Some people come here to make up stories and then engage in cherry-picking and special pleading in order to try to make the evidence fit the made-up story.  You are advocating for that approach.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2022, 08:33:12 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:07 PM »
There seems to be a bit of confusion here.
The original configuration of the Sniper's Perch is shown in CE 512, the picture of the shell casings:

And was that before or after Fritz picked up the shells and then threw them back down?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2022, 01:29:23 PM »
And was that before or after Fritz picked up the shells and then threw them back down?

According to Tom Alyea it was Studebaker who threw the shell casings back down.
Deputy Sheriff Luke Mooney, who was guarding the Sniper's Nest area until Fritz arrived, saw Fritz pick the shell casings up and examine them but didn't report what Fritz next did with them:

"Mr. Ball: Those were empty shells?
Mr. Mooney: Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball: They were turned over to Captain Fritz?
Mr. Mooney: Yes, sir; he was the first officer that picked them up, as far as I know, because I stood there and watched him go over and pick them up and look at them. As far as I could tell, I couldn't even tell what caliber they were, because I didn't get down that close to them. They were brass cartridges, brass shells."

Alyea also watches Fritz pick the shell casings up and reports actually filming them in his hand, but, because Fritz is stood inside the SN at the time he doesn't see what Fritz then does with them. However, Alyea reports:

"Over thirty minutes later, after the rifle was discovered and the crime lab arrived, Capt. Fritz reached into his pocket and handed the casings to Det. Studebaker..."

It would appear the shell casings were in Fritz's possession for at least half an hour. Deputy Sheriff jack Faulkner must have seen Fritz with the shell casings as he reports later that day:

"Capt. Will Fritz of DPD arrived on the scene and the shells were given to him."

This fundamental abuse of the evidence continues as Fritz pockets the live round that is ejected from the rifle.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 02:01:42 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2022, 01:29:23 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2022, 02:41:18 PM »
Am I picking up a discrepancy in the the testimony… Fritz was the first to pick up the shells… and then he arrives and “they were given to him…?”
"Capt. Will Fritz of DPD arrived on the scene and the shells were given to him."
Does “him” refer to Deputy Sheriff Faulkner or to Will Fritz?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 02:44:49 PM by Jake Maxwell »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2022, 03:36:36 PM »
Am I picking up a discrepancy in the the testimony… Fritz was the first to pick up the shells… and then he arrives and “they were given to him…?”
Does “him” refer to Deputy Sheriff Faulkner or to Will Fritz?

Mooney discovered the Sniper's Nest and was guarding it until Fritz arrived (with Tom Alyea filming). Mooney observed Fritz pick the shell casings up and examine them, Alyea claims to have filmed this. Neither Alyea nor Mooney saw Fritz put the casings back, indeed Alyea reports that about half an hour after this Fritz produced shell casings from his pocket and gave them to Studebaker who, presumably, went back to the SN and staged the position of the shell casings.
At some point Faulkner must have seen Fritz with the shells and assumed someone gave them to him.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:57:22 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2022, 03:36:36 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2022, 08:22:31 PM »
Mooney discovered the Sniper's Nest and was guarding it until Fritz arrived (with Tom Alyea filming). Mooney observed Fritz pick the shell casings up and examine them, Alyea claims to have filmed this. Neither Alyea nor Mooney saw Fritz put the casings back, indeed Alyea reports that about half an hour after this Fritz produced shell casings from his pocket and gave them to Studebaker who, presumably, went back to the SN and staged the position of the shell casings.
At some point Faulkner must have seen Fritz with the shells and assumed someone gave them to him.
Dan, I’ve not read about Alyea reporting that Fritz allegedly gave hulls to Studebaker who then placed them in the sniper’s nest. This is very interesting to me. Can you supply some reference to that allegation?

I was fortunate to be in Dealey Plaza last Nov 22 and 23, with brilliant sunshine. My trip goals included determining the sun time when Alyea took film of the sniper’s nest boxes and sun time when Lt. Day left the depository with the rifle (13:56). A cursory analysis (in progress) of the shadow on a breeze block to the east of the doorway seems to show Fritz leaving about 7 minutes later than Lt. Day.