Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Not a conspiracy theory.....  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Not a conspiracy theory.....
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 04:44:11 PM »
Advertisement
Baker and Truly enter the building within seconds of the assassination

Not according to Shelley, it was 3-4 minutes later.

The Couch/Darnell films show Baker approaching the TSBD steps within seconds of the assassination.
Multiple reenactments had Baker on the steps within seconds of the assassination.
Joe Molina reports seeing Truly entering the building "20 to 30 seconds" after the assassination.
Pauline Sanders reports seeing a white helmeted police officer (Baker) coming up the steps seconds after the assassination.

Shelley's and Lovelady's statements that at least 3 minutes had elapsed before they saw Baker approach the TSBD steps are lies (that is to say, demonstrable falsehoods). In my opinion, these lies are part of a strategy to obfuscate the movements of these men regarding their re-entrance into the TSBD through the west door.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:49:36 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 04:44:11 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 06:41:10 PM »
You should know by now where you can stick the WC "reenactments".

Molina AND Piper saw NO white helmet policeman with Truly.

I know what you mean about the reenactments but when certain details are corroborated independently we can assume the accuracy of that particular part of the reenactment.
The testimonies of Truly and Baker have them at the steps within seconds.
This is confirmed (as far as Baker is concerned) by the Couch/Darnell films.
Sanders statement that she saw Baker arriving within seconds is further confirmation of this aspect of the reenactment.
Molina's testimony regarding how quickly Truly entered the TSBD is also confirmation of this aspect of the reenactment.
We have multiple witness testimonies and film evidence that this aspect of the reenactment - how quickly Baker and Truly arrived at the steps - is accurate.
That Molina didn't report seeing Baker is neither here nor there. It hardly undermines the complex of interlocking evidence that Baker and Truly arrived at TSBD steps within seconds.

I do find it interesting that Shelley would team up with Lovelady and throw Truly under the bus.

The more startling aspect of the "3 minute" statements by Shelley and Lovelady is that they weren't questioned about them. These statements contradict the various witness statements we have seen. They contradict the film evidence we have seen. But, most importantly, they contradict the WC's own reenactment of the event!!
The only reason the "3 minute" statements went unquestioned, as far as I can see, is that this testimony was used to undermine Victoria Adams' testimony about how quickly she and Styles were on the back stairs.
It is one of dozens of examples that demonstrate what a whitewash the WC hearings were.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 08:45:14 PM »
Molina doesn't exactly interlock, he neither saw nor heard Baker's request.

Piper doesn't exactly interlock, interacted with Truly but no sign of Baker.

Frazier doesn't exactly interlock, he was there for a few minutes and didn't see Baker.

Baker doesn't interlock because "the building manager" was already in the lobby.

Mr. BAKER - And then there are some inner doors and another door you have to go through, a swinging door type.
As I entered this lobby there were people going in as I entered. And I asked, I just spoke out and asked where the stairs or elevator was, and this man, Mr. Truly, spoke up and says, it seems to me like he says, "I am a building manager. Follow me, officer, and I will show you." So we immediately went out through the second set of doors, and we ran into the swinging door.

It's clearly one of those things we're going to have to agree to disagree upon.

Molina definitely "interlocks" as he confirms that Truly was at the steps 20 to 30 seconds after the assassination, a key aspect of the reenactments. This is confirmed by the testimonies of both Baker and Truly. I don't see how Molina not seeing Baker means Baker wasn't there. I don't get it, particularly when the Couch/Darnell films show Baker approaching the steps seconds after the assassination. Baker is also witnessed by Sanders at the steps seconds after the assassination. Sanders does not report seeing Truly. Does that mean he wasn't there?

This is from Piper's WC testimony:

"...the third shot went off, and I seen the people all running and in a few minutes someone came in the building, and I looked up and it was the boss-man and a policeman or someone."

No sign of Baker? Then who was the policeman Piper reports seeing?
Piper's testimony does "interlock" as he reports Truly "and a policeman" entering the TSBD after the shots were fired.
Frazier has nothing to contribute. He doesn't report seeing Truly or Baker. That doesn't mean they weren't there.
As for Truly already being in the lobby when Baker got there...we're definitely going to have to disagree about your interpretation of that. The Couch/Darnell films show Baker passing Truly outside the steps. It seems more than possible that Truly followed Baker up to the lobby and spoke to him then.

Obviously. you have something else in mind for this aspect of the case.
I have to disagree that, just because Molina doesn't report seeing Baker, this means Baker wasn't there.
Or that, just because Sanders doesn't report seeing Truly, this means Truly wasn't there.
Sanders reports seeing Baker at the steps seconds after the assassination.
Molina reports seeing Truly at the steps seconds after the assassination.
Both Truly and Baker testify they were at the steps seconds after the assassination.
The Couch/Darnell films confirm this.

My interpretation of this evidence is that Truly and Baker were at the steps seconds after the assassination. I feel this is a fair and reasonable interpretation. You have provided no coherent argument against this interpretation so we will just have to agree to disagree on this point.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 08:46:37 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 08:45:14 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2022, 10:12:21 PM »
When the words are stated... policeman at the front door... it is not necessarily Baker that is meant.
Mr. BELIN. Now, Mr. Holmes, I wonder if you could try and think if there is anything else that you remember Oswald saying about where he was during the period prior or shortly prior to, and then at the time of the assassination?
Mr. HOLMES. Nothing more than I have already said. If you want me to repeat that?
Mr. BELIN. Go ahead and repeat it.
Mr. HOLMES. See if I say it the same way?
Mr. BELIN. Yes.
Mr. HOLMES. He said when lunchtime came he was working in one of the upper floors with a Negro.
The Negro said, "Come on and let's eat lunch together."
Apparently both of them having a sack lunch. And he said, "You go ahead, send the elevator back up to me and I will come down just as soon as I am finished."
And he didn't say what he was doing. There was a commotion outside, which he later rushed downstairs to go out to see what was going on. He didn't say whether he took the stairs down. He didn't say whether he took the elevator down.
But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved.
He mentioned something about a coke. But a police officer asked him who he was, and just as he started to identify himself, his superintendent came up and said, "He is one of our men." And the policeman said, "Well, you step aside for a little bit."
Then another man rushed in past him as he started out the door, in this vestibule part of it, and flashed some kind of credential and he said, "Where is your telephone, where is your telephone, and said I am so and so, where is your telephone."
And he said, "I didn't look at the credential. I don't know who he said he was, and I just pointed to the phone and said, 'there it is,' and went on out the door."
The 'super' mentioned there had to be Shelley who had returned from the rail yards....
Mr. BALL - Did you see Truly, Mr. Truly and an officer go into the building?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yeah, we saw them right at the front of the building while we were on the island.
Mr. BALL - While you were out there before you walked to the railroad yards?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 10:27:15 PM »
The 'superintendent' allegation was made by a third party [or a hearsay comment]

I thought you valued what Insp. Holmes had to say (see your OP)? Suddenly we can't use him to 'verify' anything?

Chief Curry wasn't there so he can't state first hand who was.

He was given the information about an encounter between Mr Oswald, an officer and Mr Truly--------------the same information Mr Oswald was giving in custody, and the same information Mr Lovelady shared with Mr Jarman shortly after the shooting. No coincidence!

Consider---According to the Fritz notes [linked above] ...Oswald stated that he was "out front with Shelley".

The 'Fritz notes' are worthless-------just jottings based on Agent Bookhout's reports.

But yes, Mr Oswald was out front for the P. Parade and standing near Mr Shelley

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 10:27:15 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 10:35:06 PM »

Frazier doesn't exactly interlock, he was there for a few minutes and didn't see Baker.

Baker doesn't interlock because "the building manager" was already in the lobby.

Mr. BAKER - And then there are some inner doors and another door you have to go through, a swinging door type.
As I entered this lobby there were people going in as I entered. And I asked, I just spoke out and asked where the stairs or elevator was, and this man, Mr. Truly, spoke up and says, it seems to me like he says, "I am a building manager. Follow me, officer, and I will show you." So we immediately went out through the second set of doors, and we ran into the swinging door.

Not a SINGLE PERSON on those steps said they remembered seeing BOTH Officer Baker AND Mr Truly go inside the Depository. Only ONE person (Ms Sanders) saw Officer Baker go through the front door. Only ONE person (Mr Molina) saw Mr Truly go through the front door. There's a simple reason for this bizarre circumstance--------------anyone who saw both men go inside also saw something else

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2022, 10:43:45 PM »
When the words are stated... policeman at the front door... it is not necessarily Baker that is meant.

What makes it Officer Baker is the fact that
a) Mr Truly was present also
b) this happened before the pressman ran up the steps and asked Mr Oswald for the nearest telephone

Does Mr Allman say anything anywhere about having to get past a cop at the front door? No---------because Officer Barnett had not stationed himself there yet

The 'super' mentioned there had to be Shelley who had returned from the rail yards....

Nope.

Mr Shelley was not
--------------the "superintendent of the place"/"boss" (Mr Holmes)
--------------the "building manager" (Chief Curry)
--------------"Mr Truly" (Mr Lovelady)

By the way, I think this may possibly be Mr Shelley in Darnell, just after his encounter with Ms Gloria Calvery:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2022, 10:43:45 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 11:24:21 PM »
I thought you valued what Insp. Holmes had to say (see your OP)? Suddenly we can't use him to 'verify' anything?
Holmes was not there at the TSBD at that time so he cannot verify anything except what Oswald supposedly said in interrogation.