Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Game-Changing Document  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Re: A Game-Changing Document
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »
Advertisement
In 1979 I learned from Clark that he had received a call the day of the assassination from Bill Sullivan, one of Hoover’s other top assistants, who told him to make sure I did not see the communique from the D.C. field office about Oswald writing to the Soviet Embassy in Washington. Clark then told Howe to keep the communique — which had just arrived the day of the assassination — and any others concerning Mexico City from me. Howe knew I had already seen the communique that afternoon, but he decided to remove it and other related memos from my file drawer so I couldn’t see it again.

I wonder why the fbi didn't want hosty to know lho had written a letter to the ussr embassy in early Nov 1963. Looks like the fbi were trying to keep hosty in the dark for some reason. Perhaps they thought the less he knew, the less he could blab to the Dallas police.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2021, 01:03:09 AM »
I wonder why the fbi didn't want hosty to know lho had written a letter to the ussr embassy in early Nov 1963. Looks like the fbi were trying to keep hosty in the dark for some reason. Perhaps they thought the less he knew, the less he could blab to the Dallas police.

Hosty ties a lot together to support a theory that they felt it was necessary to keep some information secret in order to try to prevent a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. He explains all of it in his book and I believe that it is quite reasonable.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2021, 04:04:20 AM »
Hosty ties a lot together to support a theory that they felt it was necessary to keep some information secret in order to try to prevent a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. He explains all of it in his book and I believe that it is quite reasonable.

You might be right. What people were thinking can be hard to figure out.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2021, 04:04:20 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 04:38:03 AM »
You might be right. What people were thinking can be hard to figure out.

Movies often reflect a culture’s concerns. This movie (Dr. Strangelove) came out in 1964:

[/url]

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2021, 05:33:36 AM »
This is a better, larger scan courtesy of the folks at UNT:

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338676/m1/1/?q=crime%20scene%20section%20form

LOL, the scan itself may be better and larger, but the copy of the document being scanned is of far inferior quality to the one posted by Mr O'Meara
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:38:13 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2021, 05:33:36 AM »