Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?  (Read 22436 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald questioned about the murder of JD Tippit?
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2021, 12:10:29 AM »
Advertisement
Oh good.  So we can rely on the answers given during the interrogation and forget about all those objections CTers have raised because it was not taped or transcribed.

So we can rely on the answers given during the interrogation and forget about all those objections CTers have raised because it was not taped or transcribed.

So now you want to deny what's recorded in your" bible ", is that right Mr "Smith" ?      In the past you've always sworn the the Warren Report was the golden word of yer old Unca Sam....... 

From the report of Secret Service Inspector Thomas Kelley on page 626 of WR. -------

"In response to questions put by Captain Fritz, Oswald said that immediately after having left the building where he worked, he went BY BUS to the theater where he was arrested; that when he got on the bus he secured a transfer and thereafter transferred to other busses to get to his destination "  Which of course was the Theater.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2021, 12:10:29 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2021, 12:55:47 AM »
Markham's testimony has been posted many times and it is far less than conclusive....
For the hell of it---

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM  From their face, no.
Mr. BALL. Did you identify anybody in these four people?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I didn't know nobody.
Mr. BALL. I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No. I had never seen none of them, none of these men.
Mr. BALL. No one of the four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No one of them.
Mr. BALL. No one of all four?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was there a number two man in there?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.  -----
Mr. BALL. What did you say when you saw number two?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Well, let me tell you. I said the second man, and they kept asking me which one, which one. I said, number two. When I said number two, I just got weak.-------
Mr. BALL. You recognized him from his appearance?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I asked--I looked at him. When I saw this man I wasn't sure, but I had cold chills just run all over me.
Mr. BALL. When you saw him?
Mrs. MARKHAM. When I saw the man. But I wasn't sure, so, you see, I told them I wanted to be sure, and looked, at his face is what I was looking at, mostly is what I looked at, on account of his eyes, the way he looked at me. So I asked them if they would turn him sideways. They did, and then they turned him back around, and I said the second, and they said, which one, and I said number two. So when I said that, well, I just kind of fell over. Everybody in there, you know, was beginning to talk, and I don't know, just--
Does it not seem that Joseph Ball had to practically get a crow-bar out to pry an answer out of Helen Markham?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2021, 02:24:18 AM »
For the hell of it---
  Does it not seem that Joseph Ball had to practically get a crow-bar out to pry an answer out of Helen Markham?

Jerry I've heard that Markham's twenty (?) year old son was in trouble with the law......and she was warned that he could be sent to prison if she didn't cooperate..... Is it true?    I don't know.....  But it might explain he fear of testifying before the Warren commission.   You may recall how she was soiling her bloomers when Mark Lane reminded her that she had talked to him on the telephone.....She knew very well that the DPD had warned her to keep her mouth shut and not to talk to reporters....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2021, 02:24:18 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2021, 02:45:30 AM »

No weapon at all needed to convict as long as the jury believes Markham

Markham's testimony has been posted many times and it is far less than conclusive....  But I guess  vague is good enough for the LNer contingent..... 

And it's very typical of a LNer to ignore and dismiss witnesses who basically said that the killer was NOT using a S&W revolver.

Pretty clear

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2021, 02:59:52 AM »
Jerry I've heard that Markham's twenty (?) year old son was in trouble with the law......and she was warned that he could be sent to prison if she didn't cooperate..... Is it true?    I don't know.....  But it might explain he fear of testifying before the Warren commission.   You may recall how she was soiling her bloomers when Mark Lane reminded her that she had talked to him on the telephone.....She knew very well that the DPD had warned her to keep her mouth shut and not to talk to reporters....
That account probably came from this article called The Prodigal Son by a fellow named Harold Feldman. It was published in the Realist back in Sept 1964. Marguerite was all over Helen Markham and her dubious testimony and probably instigated the calls from Mark Lane. An excerpt---
Bill Markham, the 20-year-old son of Helen Markham, followed us outside. His mother and stepfather, be said, were too scared of the police and Secret Service to talk to us but he wasn’t. He would meet us outside the public library some three blocks away.

He spoke to us in Mrs. Oswald’s car, and unutterable contempt for his parents showed in every word. Also clear was his desperate need of money. Would we pay for information about the Tippit killing?

It only takes an hour of independent work on the Oswald case to make one circumspect and guarded. We might be charged later with bribing a witness, and then how did we know that the boy was not every bit of the liar he said his mother was. The sullen boy with the handsome tanned face topped with black curls admitted he had a police record, that the police had gotten him fired from several jobs by so-called parole check-ups. He was not working and what he wanted more than anything else right now was money.

“I need it, ma’am,” he said slowly, “and I’m going to get myself some.” Yes the Secret Service had told his parents that “there would be trouble” if they talked to outsiders. “But, I’m not afraid, ma’am. I need money and if I don’t get some one way, I’ll get it another.”
Two days later Marguerite called us to come over fast. She greeted us, holding up a newspaper in her hand. The Markham boy had been picked up for burglary and parole violation.

It recalled the similar arrest a few weeks before of Abraham Bolden, the first Negro Secret Service man assigned to the Presidential bodyguard, on charges of cooperating with counterfeiters. There, too, the charge was entirely based on the testimony of two witnesses who themselves were under police charges.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2021, 02:59:52 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2021, 03:10:09 AM »
For the hell of it---

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM  From their face, no.
Mr. BALL. I know you didn't know anybody, but did anybody in that lineup look like anybody you had seen before?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was there a number two man in there?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two is the one I picked.  -----
Mr. BALL. What did you say when you saw number two?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Well, let me tell you. I said the second man, and they kept asking me which one, which one. I said, number two. When I said number two, I just got weak.-------
Mr. BALL. You recognized him from his appearance?
Mrs. MARKHAM. I asked--I looked at him. When I saw this man I wasn't sure, but I had cold chills just run all over me.
Mr. BALL. When you saw him?
Mrs. MARKHAM. When I saw the man. But I wasn't sure, so, you see, I told them I wanted to be sure, and looked, at his face is what I was looking at, mostly is what I looked at, on account of his eyes, the way he looked at me. So I asked them if they would turn him sideways. They did, and then they turned him back around, and I said the second, and they said, which one, and I said number two. So when I said that, well, I just kind of fell over. Everybody in there, you know, was beginning to talk, and I don't know, just--

Markham is quite clear, she never before saw the man that killed Tippit and when she saw Oswald kill Tippit that was the first time she saw Oswald.

And the reason Markham wasn't sure is because Oswald while resisting arrest had new bruises and welts that weren't there before, so obviously she wasn't sure, if you take off your conspiracy goggles it really isn't that difficult.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2021, 03:14:37 AM »
Markham is quite clear, she never before saw the man that killed Tippit and when she saw Oswald kill Tippit that was the first time she saw Oswald.

:D

Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2021, 03:14:37 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2021, 03:20:11 AM »
:D

Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.

You have a predilection for highlighting while at the same time omitting the essential part of my post. Oops!

Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.

Try again!

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:24:18 AM by John Mytton »