Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 57614 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #488 on: October 02, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. Ball. And you told him on the 19th day of December, Mr. Johnson, that you went back to work on the sixth floor, and as soon as you arrived on the sixth floor, you went down to the fifth floor to get some stock?
Mr. Dougherty. Yes, sir; that's right.
Mr. Ball. And while you were on the fifth floor, you heard a loud noise?
Mr. Dougherty. That's right

This is indeed what Mr Dougherty told Det. Johnson, and I believe it's exactly what happened------------except for one teeny tiny detail Mr Dougherty is leaving out:

The reason Mr Dougherty went down to the fifth floor as soon as he arrived on the sixth floor (!) is that upon arrival on the sixth floor he was told by some credentials-flashing person or persons the floor was off limits until the P. Parade had passed.

Taking this in good faith, Mr Dougherty went down to the fifth floor.

I believe Mr Dougherty was NOT the only employee to have this experience on the sixth floor, and this explains the curious fact that NO employee ended up watching the P. Parade from the sixth floor

I've always questioned WHY  Jack Dougherty went to the sixth floor and then immediately left the sixth floor and went to the fifth floor???   He apparently had no books to gather on either floor.....so what was he doing?

You may be right, Mr Ford.....   But Jack Dougherty's statements and testimony are so convoluted I get the impression that he was a scatter brain, so it's difficult to interpret what was going on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #488 on: October 02, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #489 on: October 03, 2021, 12:45:09 AM »
MT: Let me put it this way:
Barry Ernst say's that she signed it and that it's her handwriting on the document. From what I see, the handwriting for "there" was made by the same had as the signature on the last page. As such, there is no reason not assign "there" and the signature and the other writing as Adams'. If you want to argue that it's not Adams' writing on that page, or any other, you're free to do so. But don't think anyone else is going to notice unless you can provide any evidence.

Remember this?

MW: And finally it should be noted that on 04/04/64 WC assistant counsel Leon Hubert wrote a remarkable memo in which he refered to a recent staff meeting in which he had objected to what he called "editing of the transcripts of depositions". In the same memo he also complains about the practice of waiving signatures by the witnesses and advocates to have witnesses read and sign the transcript even if it contains errors, which according to him can later be rectified.

Now, isn't it just remarkable that Victoria Adams initially waived signing her testimony, as that would save her from having to return to sign it, only to be confronted by somebody at work a few days later who insisted she would sign after all. And isn't it just as remarkable that Victoria Adams told Barry Ernest that she never testified that she saw Shelley and Lovelady on the first floor?

Btw, How do you reconcile these two statements?;
Nothing needs to be reconciled. Her signature is on the transcript, and her writing (it matches the signature) is on the page in question. That is, she accepted what's in the transcript, and what's on that specific page. In light of this, any internal policy arguments within the WC staff do not matter. Any policy changes made by the WC staff as a result of those arguments do not matter. Whatever Adams herself may have initially decided to do does not matter. In the end, she signed off on it and she put her correction on the page with the Shelley/Lovelady bit. Or, as I previously said, "Adams handwritten corrections and signature on the original transcript trump any objection that you or Ernst can come up with." All the innuendo and insinuation that you can muster won't change that one bit."

Barry Ernst say's that she signed it and that it's her handwriting on the document.

Amazing, isn't it? You rely on Ernest for confirming that Adams signed the document, yet at the same time you dismiss whatever else Adams told Ernest....

The only issues I've taken with Adams' WC testimony is the amount of time she put between the last shot and her proceeding to the stairs. The only problem I see with what Ernest said she told him was the amount of initial delay and whether or not she remembered seeing Shelley and Lovelady. How that gets turned into "whatever else Adams told Ernest" is a mystery. Or, maybe the better way to say it is that you've misrepresented what I've already said.

If she signed off on it, that's what she said that she said.

Sure about that? Perhaps you should have a closer look at WC assistant counsel Leon Hubert's memo.....
If any of the WC staff attorneys edited a deposition, that does not prove or demonstrate that they edited all of them. Nor does it demonstrate or prove that they edited Adams' testimony without her knowledge or consent. Again, the presence of her writing on the page with her recollection of seeing Shelley and Lovelady on the first floor proves that she read the page--and tried to correct something in it. And the lack of any other editing on the page demonstrates that she did not see an issue with the inccusion of her Lovelady-Shelley recollection. And the combination of her edit on that page along with her signature at the end of the transcript shows that she signed off on both. Including the Shelley-Lovelady bit.

In the face of this, any argument based on "well, Hubert wrote...." or "well, Adams didn't remember saying...." is simply pointless.

And you seem to be struggling to make up your mind about Dorothy Garner as well;

First you dismiss what Garner said by qualifying a letter from the office of a United States Attorney to the Chief Counsel of a Presidential Commission as "hearsay"

Then you have the ladies (by which I pressume you mean Adams, Styles and Garner) nowhere near the stairs, implying that Garner made up what she told Stroud (and Barry Ernest)

And then you have Garner simply misinterpreting what she saw, when she was at the stairs;

So, what is it? Was Garner not near the stairs? Or was she near the stairs but lied to Stroud, or did Stroud perhaps lie to Rankin? Or was she near the stairs and saw Truly coming down and somehow figured he was coming up?
I'm not the one struggling here. I pointed out that Truly said he encountered a DPD officer on the 4th floor as he was descending from the roof. I posited that Garner could have seen some part of this, then later associated the encounter that she saw with the initial Truly/Baker ascent when she later heard about it. I've also said that Adams and Styles left the 4th floor office window minutes rather than seconds after the last shot. IIRC, that's what Styles herself has said.

I said nothing about Garner's location at any time. You're trying so hard to create some kind of gotcha that you confused yourself.

Plus, there is this:

First you dismiss what Garner said by qualifying a letter from the office of a United States Attorney to the Chief Counsel of a Presidential Commission as "hearsay"

That's because it is hearsay, by definition.

And how about this beauty;

MT: For my "alternative timeline" to work, all I need are two things:

1.) For Adams to have left later than she remembered (IIRC, Styles thought it was minutes, not seconds, after the last shot was fired)
2.) for Garner to have misinterpreted seeing a later pairing of Truly and a DPD officer with the original Truly/Baker stairmaster episode.

Only to say a little bit later;

MT:I don't think you can really make a simple timeline out of all this.

So, on the one hand you claim your timeline would work, and on the other hand you say you can't make a simple timeline. Pray tell, how can a timeline, you say you can't make, still work?
You no doubt notice the quotation marks around the words "alternative timeline". I used those for two reasons. First, I was quoting what you said. Second, I used the quotes because I wouldn't call what I was doing a "timeline", "alternative" or not. In a roundabout way, you stuffed your own words into my mouth, then tried to cast shade what what I'd said.. except it was you who'd said it! I figure this counts as another instance where you've misrepresented me. Or maybe you misrepresented yourself this time.

And, no, I don't think the data is anywhere near complete enough to create a simple timeline that includes everyone. However, the evidence creates constraints that limit when certain events in witness statements could have occurred. That being said, the police activity around the TSBD in the shooting's aftermath can be accounted for relatively well if imperfectly. In part, that's because any number of cops involved at the scene have been interviewed over the years. More importantly, we have the radio logs as a near-real time reference.

Apart from the obvious fact that you are making a number of erroneous assumptions - the main one being that the officer who told Adams to return to the building was Harkness - the real reason why you can't make a simple timeline is that the parts you've challenged in my timeline don't compute with the other known facts making it impossible to make a conclusive timeline.

Btw, the officer that told Adams to return to the building would IMO never have allowed her to run to the front of the building, if he was indeed locking down the building. Instead he would have told her to go back in the same way she came out (at the back) where he could have seen her go in, rather than risking she would not re-enter, out of his sight, at the front entrance.
I never assumed that Harkness was the officer who ordered Adams and Styles back to the building, nor have I claimed so. Once again, you've misrepresented what I've said.

As for your take on the officer, I don't get that he would have needed her to actually go in, just that she stayed on the premises. He doesn't necessarily need to keep them inside; in fact, it might be a bad idea if there's an armed, desperate man inside. He just wanted them to remain at the facility.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 01:01:05 AM by Mitch Todd »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #490 on: October 03, 2021, 01:00:08 AM »
And what conclusion might you have reached if you had factored in Ms Adams' mention of seeing Mr Joe Molina & Ms Avery Davis in front of the building when she arrived there?
How would Molina or Davis factor into it one way or the other?

Oh but these are two very different things, Mr Todd. An officer whose job is to seal the building from the rear will not be standing by the railway tracks! Proof that he didn't care about who was coming in or out of the building is the fact that he let Ms Adams and Ms Styles NOT re-enter the building.
Adams never said exactly where the officer was standing WRT the tracks. And, immediately West of the TSBD, there are plenty of railroad tracks. The first set you'd run into were the spur that serves the building directly. Those are a few feet from the building itself. Past the TSBD spur, there's another spur maybe 15' - 20' away. There are a couple of other spurs that run through the parking lot area. If anything, it would be harder to stand near the rear of TSBD without being near railroad tracks that it would to be stand near them.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #490 on: October 03, 2021, 01:00:08 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #491 on: October 03, 2021, 02:31:31 AM »
Nothing needs to be reconciled. Her signature is on the transcript, and her writing (it matches the signature) is on the page in question. That is, she accepted what's in the transcript, and what's on that specific page. In light of this, any internal policy arguments within the WC staff do not matter. Any policy changes made by the WC staff as a result of those arguments do not matter. Whatever Adams herself may have initially decided to do does not matter. In the end, she signed off on it and she put her correction on the page with the Shelley/Lovelady bit. Or, as I previously said, "Adams handwritten corrections and signature on the original transcript trump any objection that you or Ernst can come up with." All the innuendo and insinuation that you can muster won't change that one bit."

The only issues I've taken with Adams' WC testimony is the amount of time she put between the last shot and her proceeding to the stairs. The only problem I see with what Ernest said she told him was the amount of initial delay and whether or not she remembered seeing Shelley and Lovelady. How that gets turned into "whatever else Adams told Ernest" is a mystery. Or, maybe the better way to say it is that you've misrepresented what I've already said.
 If any of the WC staff attorneys edited a deposition, that does not prove or demonstrate that they edited all of them. Nor does it demonstrate or prove that they edited Adams' testimony without her knowledge or consent. Again, the presence of her writing on the page with her recollection of seeing Shelley and Lovelady on the first floor proves that she read the page--and tried to correct something in it. And the lack of any other editing on the page demonstrates that she did not see an issue with the inccusion of her Lovelady-Shelley recollection. And the combination of her edit on that page along with her signature at the end of the transcript shows that she signed off on both. Including the Shelley-Lovelady bit.

In the face of this, any argument based on "well, Hubert wrote...." or "well, Adams didn't remember saying...." is simply pointless.
I'm not the one struggling here. I pointed out that Truly said he encountered a DPD officer on the 4th floor as he was descending from the roof. I posited that Garner could have seen some part of this, then later associated the encounter that she saw with the initial Truly/Baker ascent when she later heard about it. I've also said that Adams and Styles left the 4th floor office window minutes rather than seconds after the last shot. IIRC, that's what Styles herself has said.

I said nothing about Garner's location at any time. You're trying so hard to create some kind of gotcha that you confused yourself.

That's because it is hearsay, by definition.
You no doubt notice the quotation marks around the words "alternative timeline". I used those for two reasons. First, I was quoting what you said. Second, I used the quotes because I wouldn't call what I was doing a "timeline", "alternative" or not. In a roundabout way, you stuffed your own words into my mouth, then tried to cast shade what what I'd said.. except it was you who'd said it! I figure this counts as another instance where you've misrepresented me. Or maybe you misrepresented yourself this time.

And, no, I don't think the data is anywhere near complete enough to create a simple timeline that includes everyone. However, the evidence creates constraints that limit when certain events in witness statements could have occurred. That being said, the police activity around the TSBD in the shooting's aftermath can be accounted for relatively well if imperfectly. In part, that's because any number of cops involved at the scene have been interviewed over the years. More importantly, we have the radio logs as a near-real time reference.
I never assumed that Harkness was the officer who ordered Adams and Styles back to the building, nor have I claimed so. Once again, you've misrepresented what I've said.

As for your take on the officer, I don't get that he would have needed her to actually go in, just that she stayed on the premises. He doesn't necessarily need to keep them inside; in fact, it might be a bad idea if there's an armed, desperate man inside. He just wanted them to remain at the facility.

So many words, and still nothing new or of any substance. Only denials, "justifications" and false claims of misrepresentation.

I've tried to put all the possible scenarios you've dreamed up in a timeline and none of them do even come close to working.
For example, you argue that Adams and Styles were ordered back into the building by a police officer, which you claim - without any evidence - was part of the team locking the back of the building down. You then argue that Harkness was the first officer to cover the back of the building.   

Harkness' 12:36 transmission is the earliest mention in the record that there is even an intent to "seal off," "lock down," "cordon off," "ring," and/or otherwise surround the building with officers. If you didn't get it from Harkness, then where did you get the idea that the building was locked down at 12:36?

"Irrelevant," my tuchus! Adams encounter with the officer behind the TSBD indicates that she and Styles didn't leave the building until your "lockdown" was already in the process of forming. And Harkness is the first officer to cover that part of the building. So, the two women can't leave the building until some point after Harkness goes around to the back.

Combined this would mean that the first time Adams and Styles could have encountered an officer telling them to go back into the building would be well after 12:36.

The problem with that is that the evidence shows that Shelley and Lovelady went back into the building some 5 minutes after the shooting. If Adams saw them at the bottom of the stairs at 12:35 (quod non), then there is no way that she would run into a cop locking down the building well after 12:36.

Making comments about parts of the timeline is one thing, making them fit into a working timeline is something else.

You might not like it, but events don't happen in a vacuum. There is a sequence of events! Whenever you make a claim, you need to match it with all the other known facts, which is exactly where are your arguments and cherry picking fail miserably.

Get back to me when you have anything more than just opinions to offer.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:07:58 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #492 on: October 03, 2021, 02:58:49 AM »
How would Molina or Davis factor into it one way or the other?

If you want to have Ms Adams not leaving the fourth floor until several minutes after the shooting, then you need to keep Mr Molina and Ms Davis front of house until an even longer several minutes after the shooting. Good luck reconciling that need of yours with what Mr Molina and Ms Davis themselves have to say! Thumb1:

Adams never said exactly where the officer was standing WRT the tracks. And, immediately West of the TSBD, there are plenty of railroad tracks. The first set you'd run into were the spur that serves the building directly. Those are a few feet from the building itself. Past the TSBD spur, there's another spur maybe 15' - 20' away. There are a couple of other spurs that run through the parking lot area. If anything, it would be harder to stand near the rear of TSBD without being near railroad tracks that it would to be stand near them.

Pure gaslighting waffle, Mr Todd. Fact is, the officer was not preventing egress from and ingress into the building. The linchpin of your timeline accordingly melts

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #492 on: October 03, 2021, 02:58:49 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #493 on: October 03, 2021, 03:10:55 AM »
As for your take on the officer, I don't get that he would have needed her to actually go in, just that she stayed on the premises. He doesn't necessarily need to keep them inside; in fact, it might be a bad idea if there's an armed, desperate man inside.

So he sends them back to the building but forgets to mention they shouldn't go back inside!  :D

He just wanted them to remain at the facility.

Well he can't have wanted that very much, can he?---------------he lets them walk around the building, where they are free to proceed to the street!

Sorry, Mr Todd, but this officer just isn't doing what you need him do here

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #494 on: October 03, 2021, 03:13:57 AM »
Nothing needs to be reconciled. Her signature is on the transcript, and her writing (it matches the signature) is on the page in question.

Her handwriting could easily have been copied (as to style and substance) from a document she actually did write on

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #494 on: October 03, 2021, 03:13:57 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #495 on: October 03, 2021, 03:17:00 AM »
I'm not the one struggling here. I pointed out that Truly said he encountered a DPD officer on the 4th floor as he was descending from the roof. I posited that Garner could have seen some part of this, then later associated the encounter that she saw with the initial Truly/Baker ascent when she later heard about it.

Actually, Mr Todd, you are the one struggling. Your UP-is-DOWN solution here is laughably strained