Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 17694 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2021, 01:13:24 AM »
Advertisement
Pretty hard to gauge weight and height when you're witnessing such a traumatic thing and the subject is in a window.

Brennan saw him from the belt up prior to being 'crouched down behind boxes' so one might add a few pounds based on the thick neck seen in images on my iPad here recently.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:41:57 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2021, 01:13:24 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2021, 01:31:42 AM »
Not based on Tatum. If tTippit's killer stayed on the passenger side of the car and Tippit was still alive laying on the pavement by the driver's door, did the gunman fired the fatal shot through the engine?

BAYLOR UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER

Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 1978.

OFFICE OF PHOTO DEPARTMENT OF HOBIEZELLE HOSPITAL
3500 GASTON AVE, DALLAS, TEXAS.

Investigators Jack Moriarty and Joe Basteri, menders of the Select Committee on Assassinations, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington., D.C. are in the office of the Director of Photography of the hospital mentioned above, and Mr. JACK RAY TATUM, The Director, has been interviewed with regard to his first hand knowledge, of the Fatal shooting of Officer J.D. Tippit, here in Dallas, Friday, November 22nd, 1963.

Mr. Tatum will reiterate his statement to be reduced to typewritten form

(By Moriarty) "Mr. Tatum, if you'll repeat your statement slowly, I'll attempt to type it."

Although I did not remember the exact time I remember it was early in the afternoon on Friday, November 22, 1963. I was driving XXXX north on Denver and stopped at 10th St. when I first saw the squad car and men walking on the sidewalk near the squad car. Both the squad car and this young white male were coming in my direction(East on 10th Street). At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket leaning over the passenger side of the squad car. This young white male was looking into the squad car from the passenger side.

The next thing I knew I heard something that sounded like gun shots as I approached the intersection. (10th & Patton). I heard three shots in rapid (illegible)I went right through the intersection, stopped my car and turned to look back. I then saw the officer lying on the street and saw this young white man standing near the front of the squad car. Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street. At that point this young man looked around him and then started to walk away in my direction and as he started to break into a small run in my direction, I sped off in my auto. All I saw him to the intersection and run south on Patton towards Jefferson.

Q. Did you know Lee Harvey Oswald, Officer Tippit or anyone else at the scene.
A. No

Q Did you not report this information to the authorities?
A. There were more than enough people there and I could not see what I could contribute.

Q. Is there anything you wish to add to your statement?
A. At this time I can't think or anything.

Jack Moriarty Joe Basteri Jack R. Tatum
Feb, 1 1978

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2021, 01:47:56 AM »
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER

Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 1978.

OFFICE OF PHOTO DEPARTMENT OF HOBIEZELLE HOSPITAL
3500 GASTON AVE, DALLAS, TEXAS.

Investigators Jack Moriarty and Joe Basteri, menders of the Select Committee on Assassinations, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington., D.C. are in the office of the Director of Photography of the hospital mentioned above, and Mr. JACK RAY TATUM, The Director, has been interviewed with regard to his first hand knowledge, of the Fatal shooting of Officer J.D. Tippit, here in Dallas, Friday, November 22nd, 1963.

Mr. Tatum will reiterate his statement to be reduced to typewritten form

(By Moriarty) "Mr. Tatum, if you'll repeat your statement slowly, I'll attempt to type it."

Although I did not remember the exact time I remember it was early in the afternoon on Friday, November 22, 1963. I was driving XXXX north on Denver and stopped at 10th St. when I first saw the squad car and men walking on the sidewalk near the squad car. Both the squad car and this young white male were coming in my direction(East on 10th Street). At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket leaning over the passenger side of the squad car. This young white male was looking into the squad car from the passenger side.

The next thing I knew I heard something that sounded like gun shots as I approached the intersection. (10th & Patton). I heard three shots in rapid (illegible)I went right through the intersection, stopped my car and turned to look back. I then saw the officer lying on the street and saw this young white man standing near the front of the squad car. Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street. At that point this young man looked around him and then started to walk away in my direction and as he started to break into a small run in my direction, I sped off in my auto. All I saw him to the intersection and run south on Patton towards Jefferson.

Q. Did you know Lee Harvey Oswald, Officer Tippit or anyone else at the scene.
A. No

Q Did you not report this information to the authorities?
A. There were more than enough people there and I could not see what I could contribute.

Q. Is there anything you wish to add to your statement?
A. At this time I can't think or anything.

Jack Moriarty Joe Basteri Jack R. Tatum
Feb, 1 1978

Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street. At that point this young man looked around him and then started to walk away in my direction and as he started to break into a small run in my direction,[/b]

If you know what all other witnesses said about the gun man's actions, then you are aware that Tatum's description doesn't fit with any of the other witnesses....   Tatum was probably making it up from what he heard on news reports....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2021, 01:47:56 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2021, 01:57:19 AM »
If you know what all other witnesses said about the gun man's actions, then you are aware that Tatum's description doesn't fit with any of the other witnesses....   Tatum was probably making it up from what he heard on news reports....

I think Tatum is genuine. Read the Davis sisters accounts. They describe a pause in the shooting sequence, long enough for one of the sisters to get out of bed before a last shot is fired. Ted Callaway describes a similar break in the shooting sequence.

Tatum would have to have read Calloway and the Davis sisters accounts which mentions a break in the shooting sequence, be aware that Tippit had been shot in the head at an odd angle, and then invented a story to fit these accounts to the odd angle Tippit had been shot in the head, whereby he says Tippit had been shot in the head while on the ground (hence the odd angle). That would make Tatum an extraordinarily good liar, or in my opinion a guy simply telling the truth.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2021, 02:05:00 AM »
I think Tatum is genuine. Read the Davis sisters accounts. They describe a pause in the shooting sequence, long enough for one of the sisters to get out of bed before a last shot is fired. Ted Callaway describes a similar break in the shooting sequence.

Tatum would have to have read Calloway and the Davis sisters accounts which mentions a break in the shooting sequence, be aware that Tippit had been shot in the head at an odd angle, and then invented a story to fit these accounts to the odd angle Tippit had been shot in the head, whereby he says Tippit had been shot in the head while on the ground (hence the odd angle). That would make Tatum an extraordinarily good liar, or in my opinion a guy simply telling the truth.

The Davis sisters said the gunman walked across the lawn while extracting and discarding spent shells (ONE AT A TIME)...Which is entirely different than Tatum's description of the killer's actions.....    And the Davis girls account squares with Benevides , Scoggins, and Markham...  That's at least 4 witnesses against Tatum....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2021, 02:05:00 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2021, 06:28:55 PM »
Jim D certainly seems to consider himself a leading authority on the assassination. Or, as he says "one of the most respected researchers and writers on the political assassinations of the 1960s..."

One can soberly and responsibly ask "respected...by whom?" Outside of the Garrisonites, he doesn't have all that much of a following.

At least, he's kind of prolific. Can't say much good about the fruits of what he calls his research though.
I don't see how he has any special expertise or knowledge on the actual assassination, on the specifics of the event. He's a garden variety conspiracy believer that dismisses the evidence against Oswald as being faked or planted or manufactured. Nothing authoritative here.

He is special, an authority if you will, in what I call "conspiracy history." That is this myth of a transformational JFK, a president who was going to end the Cold War, leave Vietnam, normalize relations with Castro, and lead America away from the evil forces that had, using a "Red Scare" tactic, stolen our democracy for the benefits of war profits and power. And so we get the Garrisonite history where, as he wrote in his last book, "Heritage of Stone":

"After the United States ascended to the position of the most powerful military nation in history, in the midst of its accumulation of the most effective death machinery of all time, there occurred the accident of the election of a President who regarded the entire human race with compassion. By the time this happened, the cold war had become our major industry, and the Central Intelligence Agency had become the clandestine arm of our military-industrial complex and, in the process, the most effective assassination machine in the world."

And then the assassination: "A successful coup d’état affects not merely the history of a nation but may change its power structure. With the killing of John Kennedy, the very position of the Presidency was drastically reduced in status. Henceforth, the President would be a broker for the war machine. He would be an advocate and spokesman for the Pentagon. All Presidents who followed Kennedy would have to know their impotence, no matter what their public role."

That's the DiEugenio/Garrison conspiracy history, a history he knows a great deal about. His problem is that most of what he knows is paranoid nonsense and even worse, false.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »
I don't see how he has any special expertise or knowledge on the actual assassination, on the specifics of the event. He's a garden variety conspiracy believer that dismisses the evidence against Oswald as being faked or planted or manufactured. Nothing authoritative here.

He is special, an authority if you will, in what I call "conspiracy history." That is this myth of a transformational JFK, a president who was going to end the Cold War, leave Vietnam, normalize relations with Castro, and lead America away from the evil forces that had, using a "Red Scare" tactic, stolen our democracy for the benefits of war profits and power. And so we get the Garrisonite history where, as he wrote in his last book, "Heritage of Stone":

"After the United States ascended to the position of the most powerful military nation in history, in the midst of its accumulation of the most effective death machinery of all time, there occurred the accident of the election of a President who regarded the entire human race with compassion. By the time this happened, the cold war had become our major industry, and the Central Intelligence Agency had become the clandestine arm of our military-industrial complex and, in the process, the most effective assassination machine in the world."

And then the assassination: "A successful coup d’état affects not merely the history of a nation but may change its power structure. With the killing of John Kennedy, the very position of the Presidency was drastically reduced in status. Henceforth, the President would be a broker for the war machine. He would be an advocate and spokesman for the Pentagon. All Presidents who followed Kennedy would have to know their impotence, no matter what their public role."

That's the DiEugenio/Garrison conspiracy history, a history he knows a great deal about. His problem is that most of what he knows is paranoid nonsense and even worse, false.

"After the United States ascended to the position of the most powerful military nation in history, in the midst of its accumulation of the most effective death machinery of all time, there occurred the accident of the election of a President
  A President was elected primarily because his Father (Joe Kennedy) bought the presidency through his influence with the Mafia who controlled many votes in Illinois.   JFK didn't know that old crooked Joe was making deals with the mob, that JFK would have to settle once he was in office.     John,  regarded the entire human race with compassion. By the time this happened, the cold war had become our major industry, and the Central Intelligence Agency had become the clandestine arm of our military-industrial complex and, in the process, the most effective assassination machine in the world."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2021, 12:36:48 AM »

I wouldn't call him garden-variety. He's too prolific for that. You're still right in the sense that he's a fervent believer in the Garrisonite faith, and regularly huffs the fumes of Camelot.