Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who is sitting up in Zapruder @Z456?  (Read 40521 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Who is sitting up in Zapruder @Z456?
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:12 AM »
Advertisement
What makes you think that your interpretation of what's visible in the Zapruder film trumps anything?  That's some arrogance.

In the following stabilized gif in the area which Jackie reaches over, there doesn't appear to be anything visible on the trunk.

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:15:26 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:12 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »

My mistake. I shouldn?t believe what my eyes see. I should believe what CTers tell me to believe.

I am simply not going to believe there was a piece of skull or brain on the trunk without it showing on film. I do not buy the concept of invisible bone or brain matter, which was visible to Jackie.

Questions:

Which Zapruder frame most clearly shows this material?

Can you provide me a link to a photograph from a Zapruder frame that most clearly shows this material?

Sigh.....did you even read what Dillon just wrote above?

Believe what you like, but don't pretend that what you think you see or don't see settles the matter.  Walt thinks he sees a rifle sticking out of the window in the Powell photo.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »
Sigh.....did you even read what Dillon just wrote above?

Believe what you like, but don't pretend that what you think you see or don't see settles the matter.  Walt thinks he sees a rifle sticking out of the window in the Powell photo.

What Dillon said is fine, but...the fact that Mrs. Kennedy couldn't have possibly seen anything flying to the rear is supported by the fact that the film clearly reveals that her head never turned in that direction before she started to exit the seat. Her sole focus is on the damage to the top of her husband's shattered head.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »
Her sole focus is on the damage to the top of her husband's shattered head.

Looking at this wound, she may have witnessed (as she claimed to) wound debris detaching and flying off in a direction she felt sufficiently justified to be the rear that she attempted to retrieve it.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »
Looking at this wound, she may have witnessed (as she claimed to) wound debris detaching and flying off in a direction she felt sufficiently justified to be the rear that she attempted to retrieve it.

I respectfully disagree.   She's getting out of there in shock. Watch how she shoves his head forward, then pushes it away from her as she rises from the seat. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:25:09 PM by Steve Barber »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:49 PM »
Nonsense. She's getting out of there in shock. Watch how she shoves his head forward, then pushes it away from her as she rises from the seat.

Sounds like shock to me.

"You know, then, there were pictures later on of me climbing out the back. But I don't remember that at all." ---Jackie Kennedy testimony.

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »
  I respectfully disagree.   She's getting out of there in shock. Watch how she shoves his head forward, then pushes it away from her as she rises from the seat.

That was one of the early theories but it hasn?t stood the test of time. I?m not one for subjective photographic interpretation, so I?ll keep my hat out of the ring as for specifics as I don?t see the issue as being especially relevant. If the debris flew backwards but only so far as the trunk, that?s no smoking gun for conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »
That was one of the early theories but it hasn?t stood the test of time. I?m not one for subjective photographic interpretation, so I?ll keep my hat out of the ring as for specifics as I don?t see the issue as being especially relevant. If the debris flew backwards but only so far as the trunk, that?s no smoking gun for conspiracy.

Unfortunately, at one time, even I thought she went "reaching" for or "grabbed" a piece of head matter.  It wasn't until I saw a stabilized, crystal clear print of the film that I realized what happened with her right hand as soon as it met the surface of the trunk lid, then saw her land on her left elbow/forearm hard enough to move her entire upper body.  Conspiracy theorists constantly use the actions of Mrs. Kennedy to claim conspiracy.