Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: False Witness Vs On The Trail of Delusion  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Vincent Baxter

Re: False Witness Vs On The Trail of Delusion
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »
Advertisement
By sheer coincidence I ordered a copy of 'On The Trail of Delusion' last night (Disappointed there is no hardcover version. Fred, have a word with your publishers and make it happen  ;D).

From Posner's account in 'Case Closed' to Lambert's 'False Witness' I've always found the whole Garrison trial completely bizarre and laughable. I can't believe how some people still support the Clay Shaw theory, let alone how Oliver Stone could have based a Hollywood movie on it.

With the exception of 'On The Trail of the Assassins', can anyone recommend a book that analyses and supports Garrison's theory? I'm just intrigued as to what nonsense they can possibly conclude.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »
With the exception of 'On The Trail of the Assassins', can anyone recommend a book that analyses and supports Garrison's theory? I'm just intrigued as to what nonsense they can possibly conclude.

Destiny betrayed by Jim dieugenio is probably the main one. I've just finished reading it and had to fact check every second sentence as it contains a lot of nonsense.

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »
Ah, Dieugenio of 'Reclaiming Parkland' fame. Why does it not surprise me that one of his books contains lots of nonsense?

Thanks for the recommendation. I shall add it to my library and save it for when I need a good laugh  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2021, 05:01:10 PM »
By sheer coincidence I ordered a copy of 'On The Trail of Delusion' last night (Disappointed there is no hardcover version. Fred, have a word with your publishers and make it happen  ;D).

From Posner's account in 'Case Closed' to Lambert's 'False Witness' I've always found the whole Garrison trial completely bizarre and laughable. I can't believe how some people still support the Clay Shaw theory, let alone how Oliver Stone could have based a Hollywood movie on it.

You can try Joan Mellen's book "Destiny Betrayed." Mellen is, like DiEugenio, a Garrisonite so she essentially repeats his claims; and also Garrison's. I don't recall her breaking any new ground on Garrison's allegations so it's essentially just repeating many of them. And the book is filled with errors and falsehoods.

For example, Mellen says that Shaw, while in the Army, worked for was called the SOS: which is true, he did work for the SOS. But Mellen identifies that as the “Special Operations Section" and "an Army counterintelligence group." Completely false. The SOS that Shaw was assigned to was the Army's "Services of Supply", a group created to provide supplies to the forces that landed on Normandy and invaded Europe. In other words, Shaw was a supply officer not a counterintelligence officer.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:03:04 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2021, 08:00:25 PM »
You can try Joan Mellen's book "Destiny Betrayed." Mellen is, like DiEugenio, a Garrisonite so she essentially repeats his claims; and also Garrison's. I don't recall her breaking any new ground on Garrison's allegations so it's essentially just repeating many of them. And the book is filled with errors and falsehoods.

For example, Mellen says that Shaw, while in the Army, worked for was called the SOS: which is true, he did work for the SOS. But Mellen identifies that as the “Special Operations Section" and "an Army counterintelligence group." Completely false. The SOS that Shaw was assigned to was the Army's "Services of Supply", a group created to provide supplies to the forces that landed on Normandy and invaded Europe. In other words, Shaw was a supply officer not a counterintelligence officer.

Thanks for the recommendation  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2021, 08:00:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
You can try Joan Mellen's book "Destiny Betrayed."

I think you mean "A Farewell to Justice".